hlbadder

May 21, 2018
Is it possible to edit the facial expressions of the characters (particularly the women) during a h-scene kinda like how you were able to with HS1 by pressing F5 - F8?

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
To be fair, that was backlash at trying to sell a game that 'glorifies rape' legally, they got backlash INSIDE Japan for that, and the original Honey Select was sold to the west. Also, they have branched out over the last two games, both are on Steam with even a proper translation applied and a patch to get around Steam's stupid policies. This is the only one so far that hasn't been sold outside Japan out of the last three, yet.
Actually, the original backlash came from the States, here, and they pressured the Japanese government to enforce the actions taken against Illusion Soft. As for their games being sold outside of Japan on platforms like Steam, those are releases made by another company who purchased and secured the rights to those titles from Illusion. Not unlike how Crunchyroll or Funimation purchase the licensing rights to stream or dub anime titles.

Regardless, I don't blame Illusion at all for trying to protect their intellectual property and also limit release and liability from areas outside of their Country, it prevents them from being held to standards and obscenity laws within those Countries. It also reduces technical support from non Japanese speaking audiences. ;)

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
So is this game machine translation only?
Until Illusion decides to sell this game to the rest of the world, yes.

Um... guys...? Their's a base game and optional slide pack....I dont know if the optional one contains the game on it or not? Thanks you~ (sr for my grammar)
optional pack is studio related stuff i think
to play the game just get the base. I did it this way and play the game whenever I feel like it.
Those are only extra things for the studio, if you don't use the studio, you don't need the sideloader modpack.

Actually, the original backlash came from the States, here, and they pressured the Japanese government to enforce the actions taken against Illusion Soft. As for their games being sold outside of Japan on platforms like Steam, those are releases made by another company who purchased and secured the rights to those titles from Illusion. Not unlike how Crunchyroll or Funimation purchase the licensing rights to stream or dub anime titles.

Regardless, I don't blame Illusion at all for trying to protect their intellectual property and also limit release and liability from areas outside of their Country, it prevents them from being held to standards and obscenity laws within those Countries. It also reduces technical support from non Japanese speaking audiences. ;)
Yes, I said they also got it from their own people, which implies there were others. They tried to sell the game to the States and, as usual, watchdog groups all converged on it like the next Mortal Kombat incident, you may or may not know of what the original arcade game for that series went through, but it met this same resistance. The issue these watchdog groups claimed was that it 'glorifies rape' like how Mortal Kombat 'glorifies violence' or 'causes real world violence.' That is entirely false, of course, and studies have been done that prove them false, showing no sign of real world effects on these actions in any normal person. The mentally ill are a different story, but that is not a game problem. No, only the release of Honey Select 1 was distributed by another company, Fakku, the rest are directly controlled by Illusion. Still, you're right, they shouldn't bear any blame for protecting themselves. That said, it isn't really trying to stop piracy as much as trying to entice us to buy legally without outright blocking us. Illusion knows we can serve as free advertising to the west and are basically using us for that purpose, which is why they have openly said they won't stop us outright. It would be an incredibly stupid move considering how much advertising they get out of us without spending even 1 yen on advertising costs. This includes the Japanese release of this game, they won't let us get characters off their server because they want us to see a reason to buy Honey Select 2, but they won't stop us from getting Honey Select 2 without buying because we give Honey Select 2 a presence in the west without any advertising costs coming out of Illusion's profits. It's a genius move, really.

My next character

PS: Character created using my own DHH Preset. It may look different to you.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Somebody fell to the dark side, if only she had a lightsaber.

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
I am wondering does AI Shoujo have more maps than Honey Select 2 with the whole island and stuff?
Can it be imported with mods? Can you build similar things with props in Studio Neo? Is it worth installing?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I am wondering does AI Shoujo have more maps than Honey Select 2 with the whole island and stuff?
Can it be imported with mods? Can you build similar things with props in Studio Neo? Is it worth installing?
The two were made to be compatible for that reason, yes, AI Shoujo has more maps outside the story, but I'm pretty sure they can be transferred if they come in the format I think they do. Wouldn't know, I don't go into that folder in a way that lets me see the file type.

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
The two were made to be compatible for that reason, yes, AI Shoujo has more maps outside the story, but I'm pretty sure they can be transferred if they come in the format I think they do. Wouldn't know, I don't go into that folder in a way that lets me see the file type.
Does it have any school related maps?
And from what I understand you can build in AI Shoujo? Does it have exclusive props you wouldn't get in hs2 studio neo?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Does it have any school related maps?
And from what I understand you can build in AI Shoujo? Does it have exclusive props you wouldn't get in hs2 studio neo?
Not that I know of, there are some mods that haven't been ported over from AI Shoujo, those are the only props I can think of that would be exclusive. There are some maps one has the other does not by default as well on both sides, but nothing school related I can think of except in game for Honey Select 2 and if you build a school room in your base in game for AI Shoujo. Game maps cannot be used in the studio or the other way around.

dantan87

Jul 7, 2020
Hi, I am using the latest DX version from screwthisnoise and encountered an issue. When I walk the halls and when there is a scene where 2 girls are participating, they would overlap each other during the introduction. Attached is a screenshot of the issue, this did not happen in prior versions and I was wondering if anyone else has this same issue, let me know, thanks.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Hi, I am using the latest DX version from screwthisnoise and encountered an issue. When I walk the halls and when there is a scene where 2 girls are participating, they would overlap each other during the introduction. Attached is a screenshot of the issue, this did not happen in prior versions and I was wondering if anyone else has this same issue, let me know, thanks.
I haven't, but I haven't run more than one girl since before DX.

There was a similar bug in its predecessor, AI Shoujo, where they used to do this except it wasn't just visual, you were actually stuck this way with no on screen options responding. It wasn't frozen, the buttons just wouldn't pick up that you clicked even though they did pick up the mouse cursor being over them.

Does this do the same or can you at least get out of the scene?

hun hunter

Dec 30, 2018
i don't know what the problem is but animal has updated the better penetration plugin yesterday, you can find it . check if the problem is fixed after updating it.

would anyone happen to know what's causing this?
please inform more about the issue and what triggers it. i can tell that the game failed loading a hair mod as it is already loaded, could be duplicated. other than this i don't know. for starters, please reduce your game path and move it to the root of a drive that you have permission to read and write on, make it short as possible ex. "D:/HS2/". start the game from "InitSetting.exe" in you r game folder so it could fix any possible errors.

How do i fix this on latest RX ?

View attachment 973474
some body and face skins has different base colors, when you change the skin tone it will try to tint both textures equally and the difference will show. try using different face or body skins until they match or the effect is minimum. this can also happen on other cases where the body skin has some issues in the texture details and format, can be visible on shoulders sometimes as well.

sorry for the noob question, but how do you use the sideloader mod pack?
you can unzip the sideloader mod pack and copy the folders to "game folder/mods", then the studio will be able to load those mods successfully.

PeterJohn

Jan 2, 2021
There's two folders in there- do just put these two in the "/mods" folder, or the sub folders of each?

dantan87

Jul 7, 2020
I haven't, but I haven't run more than one girl since before DX.

There was a similar bug in its predecessor, AI Shoujo, where they used to do this except it wasn't just visual, you were actually stuck this way with no on screen options responding. It wasn't frozen, the buttons just wouldn't pick up that you clicked even though they did pick up the mouse cursor being over them.

Does this do the same or can you at least get out of the scene?
I can get out of the scene in this case, the bug only happens during the chat scenes, in prior versions one girl would be on the right and the other on the left, not sure if screwthisnoise would be fixing it..

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
sorry for the noob question, but how do you use the sideloader mod pack?
Drop the folders into the mods folder in the game files.

How do i fix this on latest RX ?

View attachment 973474
Looks like a body glitch or mismatched skin tone, in which case the only solution I can think of is to switch the body type in the character editor.

There's two folders in there- do just put these two in the "/mods" folder, or the sub folders of each?
Yes

I can get out of the scene in this case, the bug only happens during the chat scenes, in prior versions one girl would be on the right and the other on the left, not sure if screwthisnoise would be fixing it..
That depends on where the bug is, if it's in the game itself, we may be stuck with it until some Japanese players find and report it and Illusion creates a fix, either that or some of the modders do. I was thinking this might be a side effect of the conversion to DX, a bug that occurred because of that update, that's why I mentiioned the AI Shoujo bug, which was in the game itself.

3.80 star(s) 56 Votes