archipote

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2021
The last batch of updates was just a day or two ago and it's quite packed. Everyone is downloading and the servers can't keep up. Nothing you can do, just keep at that speed or wait a few more days when there's less people butchering the servers.
Oh ok, thank you ! i'll wait then

Reactions: alex2011

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
So I downloaded this game, mainly for the purpose of making a VN. So guide this noob please.

How do I get started? I saw something named 'Studio neo'. Is this what I'm going to use? Any tutorials here, for total beginneers?
Yes, StudioNeo is what you want for VN making. I've only done things by trial and error, so I can't be much help, but there are some posts in this thread with some tips.

Hey guys. My game has been working perfectly for a long time, but not is crashing after a few minutes.
Is there any kind of auto-log were I can find a crash report as in other softwares?? I don't receive any kind of error, the game just exits to the desktop, so I can't figure out what's causing it.
There should be a folder that appears with the date and time as its name, that is the crash info. That is, assuming it even had the time to make said report before it went down.

Yep, very true and I don't even have issues with large files. Case and point this game and it's mod pack. I keep mine up to date, so unless the file itself has an error, I never have an issue extracting it.
The name of the file is what gets mine to throw an error because WinRAR loves to double folder, which doubles the number of characters being put into file paths as far as the main folder and that hits the Windows character limit or something. To solve that, I just renamed it to the game name and the version of the repack and it hasn't thrown an error since.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Fibbers and Canade

voronkov

Aug 27, 2018
So I downloaded this game, mainly for the purpose of making a VN. So guide this noob please.

How do I get started? I saw something named 'Studio neo'. Is this what I'm going to use? Any tutorials here, for total beginneers?
Вот ссылка на видео где показывает наглядно стандартные настройки студии. Помимо этого есть ещё полезные дополнительные настройки при создании VN. Такие как улучшение качество фото, делать прозрачный фон. F1 и дальше screenshot manager выбирать как настроить фото. Ещё есть videoexport . Надо дополнительно установить. Должен быть в комплекте если скачал отсюда. Включается ctrl+alt+e , один из способов записывать видео. Есть ещё VNGE , тоже в комплекте должен быть но надо установить. Это встроенный плагин для создания VNG в самой студии. Но только там и можно её смотреть. Он полезен тем что там можно создавать самостоятельно видео и свою анимацию. Это кратко, много всего ещё есть что не написал или не знаю. Сам сделал уже VN не одну но опубликовал одну на этом сайте под названием (Detektiv). Если интересно посмотреть возможности студии то можешь скачать и оценить и даже спросить у меня как то или иное делается.

Here is a link to the video showing the standard studio settings. In addition, there are also useful additional settings when creating a VN. Such as improving the quality of a photo, making a transparent background. F1 and further screenshot manager choose how to set up a photo. There is also videoexport. It must be additionally installed. Must be included if downloaded from here. Turns on ctrl + alt + e, one way to record video. There is also VNGE, it should also be included, but you need to install it. This is a built-in plugin for creating VNGs in the studio itself. But only there you can watch it. It is useful because there you can create your own video and your own animation. This is short, there is still a lot that I have not written or I do not know. I myself have already made more than one VN but published one on this site under the name (Detektiv). If you are interested in seeing the studio's capabilities, then you can download and evaluate and even ask me how this or that is done.

1Umber1

May 5, 2021
Can anyone give me a hand? I have no clue why, but my game will not read any of these character zipmods I have. There are no cards to go with them, and the character can't be loaded/selected at all. I've updated my game (BR 3.1), downloaded all of the coordinate folders and the mod downloads I've found. And I've got a bunch of characters now, but they're all cards. None of the actual mod characters that I have that are saved as zipmods are being read by the game.

Anyone have any idea why that might be? Do I need to unzip these character mod zipmods or something? I'm not new to troubleshooting games but I've never used an Illusion game with zipmods (or any game with zipmods, tbh) so I'm kinda lost.

Also, characters that are wearing high heels find their feet phasing through the floor. Is there a slider or mod I can use to change the plane a female character with high heels is standing on, so the heels aren't clipping?

- Edit.

I just found a folder titled 'Patron (no Edited)' and it looks like it has the cards in it, actually... Which is weird, but hey, I found 'em, I guess. I'll leave the question up as is, so people googling this or who have a similar question might find the answer this way.

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Can anyone give me a hand? I have no clue why, but my game will not read any of these character zipmods I have. There are no cards to go with them, and the character can't be loaded/selected at all. I've updated my game (BR 3.1), downloaded all of the coordinate folders and the mod downloads I've found. And I've got a bunch of characters now, but they're all cards. None of the actual mod characters that I have that are saved as zipmods are being read by the game.

Anyone have any idea why that might be? Do I need to unzip these character mod zipmods or something? I'm not new to troubleshooting games but I've never used an Illusion game with zipmods (or any game with zipmods, tbh) so I'm kinda lost.

Also, characters that are wearing high heels find their feet phasing through the floor. Is there a slider or mod I can use to change the plane a female character with high heels is standing on, so the heels aren't clipping?

- Edit.

I just found a folder titled 'Patron (no Edited)' and it looks like it has the cards in it, actually... Which is weird, but hey, I found 'em, I guess. I'll leave the question up as is, so people googling this or who have a similar question might find the answer this way.
Characters don't come as zipmod files, they ONLY come as PNG files, so I'm not sure what you mean by all that. The zipmods go into the mods folder and should appear in game at that point. If you mean a .zip file, that is NOT a zipmod. Zipmods are literally files that end in .zipmod.

Reactions: Sepheyer

27X

Oct 30, 2019

- Edit.

The only characters that should have zipmods are direct port from other games aka Roy12's content. Any character with standard geometry should simply be a card.

Reactions: alex2011

Dragura

Jun 15, 2020
I'm having issues with some clothing refusing to appear on girls, such as Fox Shrine Maiden Costume and a few others.
From what I could tell searching through this thread, the crux of the issue is my AYAYA_v2.cs file, which apparently doesn't do what it's supposed to, and the only solution I could find here is "run the updater", whatever that means.

I tried the "Update" button in InitSetting.exe
It sent me to GitHub to get KKManager 0.16.0, which I did by overwriting files in the [UTILITY] KKManager folder.
After that it showed me the window to update mods, and I updated some.
But none of that did anything to AYAYA_v2.cs, which still doesn't do anything.

If that's not "the updater", then what is?

May 12, 2021
I've updated my game (BR 3.1),
grab the .1 to .2 BR pack just the update.
cards are independent. The Card can be for HS1 (incompatible, don't start.) Or AI (compatability starting to break/deprecate versioning and way they are packed...)
Same thing for .zipmods. HS1 or PH won't work on AI/HS2... It is what it is.

Generally? I don't know how to identify just at a glance. aka not even doing a right click "properties" -> "details" on a file. Does nothing. Same thing for cards.

You could check if the card has a valid format with.

before you panic... top right.. change language.

Pro-tip try not to have more then 50 cards at your top level make subfolders and sub folders beneath those. you can access with the creator no problem just can't add them to game play or groups without taking them back to the top level.

Generally only within the last year or so have custom sized .pngs be used. Otherwise most aka Bulk of the work is 252 x 352 (sizes can flucuate wildly..).. Use Faststone.exe to view / re-view quickly. If you like MS-Paint I recommend Paint.NET and plugins. easy backgrounds and Foreground border art without PS or Gimp usage (aka Transparency).

for .zipmods? I say use KKManager for your OWN sanity. Should find it from ManlyMarco. Otherwise get intimate with SB3Utils.exe

First thing is first. grab the 3.1 - 3.2 update.

And before I forget.. Remember the white manaquin cards are /Coords not /Chara. Still same dimensions though.

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
grab the .1 to .2 BR pack just the update.
cards are independent. The Card can be for HS1 (incompatible, don't start.) Or AI (compatability starting to break/deprecate versioning and way they are packed...)
Same thing for .zipmods. HS1 or PH won't work on AI/HS2... It is what it is.

Generally? I don't know how to identify just at a glance. aka not even doing a right click "properties" -> "details" on a file. Does nothing. Same thing for cards.

You could check if the card has a valid format with.

before you panic... top right.. change language.

Pro-tip try not to have more then 50 cards at your top level make subfolders and sub folders beneath those. you can access with the creator no problem just can't add them to game play or groups without taking them back to the top level.

Generally only within the last year or so have custom sized .pngs be used. Otherwise most aka Bulk of the work is 252 x 352 (sizes can flucuate wildly..).. Use Faststone.exe to view / re-view quickly. If you like MS-Paint I recommend Paint.NET and plugins. easy backgrounds and Foreground border art without PS or Gimp usage (aka Transparency).

for .zipmods? I say use KKManager for your OWN sanity. Should find it from ManlyMarco. Otherwise get intimate with SB3Utils.exe

First thing is first. grab the 3.1 - 3.2 update.

And before I forget.. Remember the white manaquin cards are /Coords not /Chara. Still same dimensions though.
The art has some differences in each game, though that isn't an easy method.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Can someone help me?

I use the

[ScrewThisNoise][Illusion] HoneySelect 2 DX (ハニーセレクト2 DX) BetterRepack R3.2 repack. (fully updated)

It worked fine for a while but now it crashes on H scene.

I then deleted it and reinstalled it. (no updates) and now even the R3.2 release version crashes for me on H.

May 12, 2021
Can someone help me?

I use the

[ScrewThisNoise][Illusion] HoneySelect 2 DX (ハニーセレクト2 DX) BetterRepack R3.2 repack. (fully updated)

I then deleted it and reinstalled it. (no updates) and now even the R3.2 release version crashes for me on H.
via nyaa.sube.com right? I got multiple errors in my downloads as well from time to time. Somehow doesn't sync properly or the File looks okay but doesn't verify..

1.) Verify all the files/test archive. If corrupt you'll have to pull the AIO-HS2DX2R2basegame.com aka first page. then the 1 to R2 update pack.

2.) Try a "safe mode" as in edit your setup.xml in /UserData (aka make copy.. F2 .setup.xml.orig ) then fiddle with your startup.

3.) Finally, Video card, make a custom setting manually add the path to the game.. and config gfx settings there... (It's Unity and Unity can be funny like that.)

Console say anything? bad .zipmods (aka RED TEXT = BAD) InitSettings.exe is your friend.

Also.. it's not JUST for Koikatsu. Once stable run that for updates.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
via nyaa.sube.com right? I got multiple errors in my downloads as well from time to time. Somehow doesn't sync properly or the File looks okay but doesn't verify..

1.) Verify all the files/test archive. If corrupt you'll have to pull the AIO-HS2DX2R2basegame.com aka first page. then the 1 to R2 update pack.

2.) Try a "safe mode" as in edit your setup.xml in /UserData (aka make copy.. F2 .setup.xml.orig ) then fiddle with your startup.

3.) Finally, Video card, make a custom setting manually add the path to the game.. and config gfx settings there... (It's Unity and Unity can be funny like that.)

Console say anything? bad .zipmods (aka RED TEXT = BAD) InitSettings.exe is your friend.

Also.. it's not JUST for Koikatsu. Once stable run that for updates.
I don't have any errors and it worked before. It just crashes... Or to be more precise. It freezes on H and then closes itself.

I got it from sukebei.nyaa.si/

I'll try your suggestions 2 and 3...

I just don't get why it crashes to begin with... It worked before without problems.

ScrewThisNoise

Modder
Jun 24, 2019
[BR] Better Repack R4.png

Due to the need to patch BepInEx 5.3 plugins to BepInEx 5.4 format, initial/first launch will take longer than usual. This is a one time thing, until plugins are updated for the new format.

If you have trouble starting the game, start the game once through the launcher (InitSetting.exe), this will check for errors and fix them as well before starting the game.

You can update the sideloader modpack (clothing mods etc) from the launcher. Just press the icon in the lower left corner of the launcher with the arrow to check for updates. I'm updating that more often than the main pack, so should get some updates there every so often ;)

This is the readme for the pack, detailing the contents:​

Code:
Release 4 // 04.06.2021
<--------------------->

No donations // no ad-maze // no upfront payment
If you paid for this, you were scammed!
If you like the game, please buy it!
If you enjoy the mods, please consider donating to the modders on patreon where possible.

This pack is made with a up2date base game as of 17.01.2019, along with the components listed in credits, all up2date as of the release date of this pack. Some extras have been included, but are either easily removable or are sorted into folders marked [OPTIONAL]. Enjoy!

To add shortcuts to your desktop of the launcher and the most important folders for the game, feel free to run '[BR] Create Desktop Icons.bat'.

If you have trouble starting the game, start the game once through the launcher (InitSetting.exe), this will check for errors and fix them as well before starting the game.

[B]IF YOU'RE MOVING FROM ANOTHER REPACK:[/B]
I don't recommend just extracting this over another repack, due to potential conflicts. Please extract this to its own folder and move over your chara, cap, studio and save folders.

[B]WANT A VANILLA PACK?[/B]
If you wish to convert this pack into a vanilla pack, there is a included script named '[BR] Vanillify the game.bat' that gives you the following options:
 1. Remove only translation, leaving the rest of the mods intact
 2. Remove all BetterRapack Extras
 4. Remove all BetterRepack Extras, mods and translation
Feel free to use this script to customize your install, but keep in mind that using this may make the game incompatible with future repack updates, requiring you to download the next repack in full!

[B]WANT YOUR CARD OR SCENE INCLUDED IN THE NEXT REPACK?[/B]
Feel free to DM me on discord (ScrewThisNoise#3544) with the card(s) and/or scene(s), and I'll see what I can do for the next release. (See community links for server link)

[B]What is included in the base game?[/B]
- Base release game
- All preorder extras
- Newest official update as of 30.10
- Premium Miko DLC
- Premium Succubus DLC2
- Premium Sister DLC
- Premium Bondage DLC
- DX Expansion

(*) = Optional mod
(**) = Utility

[B]Updated in release 4 (this release):[/B]
[url]https://betterpaste.me/?64181a81b964f70e#BHyDjXjxupMBvdNxziXdHJcXda7jVEfdQ4nUcReqsg2j[/url]

DISTRIBUTION LOCATIONS:
These are locations where either I distribute new packs and updates, or partner-sites and services do so.
------------------>
Anime-Sharing:
- [url]http://www.anime-sharing.com/forum/members/screwthisnoise-181111/[/url]

F95Zone:
- [url]https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-ai-girl-ai-discussion-thread.34853/[/url]

Nyaa:
- [url]https://sukebei.nyaa.si/user/screwthisnoise[/url]

Otomi-games.com:
- [url]https://otomi-games.com/koikatu/[/url]

COMMUNITY LINKS:
------------------>
Discord Fan-Server
- [url]https://discord.gg/F3bDEFE[/url]

Pastebin
- [url]https://pastebin.com/QRRKtC45[/url]

CREDITS:
------------------>
2155X's AI_LightSettings
- [url]https://www.patreon.com/2155X[/url]

connector_jp's DHH
connector_jp's DHH MadWorld
- No link, see discord

DeathWeasel's AI_InputHotkeyBlock
DeathWeasel's MaterialEditor
DeathWeasel's Subtitles
- [url]https://www.patreon.com/DeathWeasel[/url]

Enimaroah's SB3Utility
- [url]https://github.com/enimaroah/SB3Utility[/url]

Hooh's Heelz
- NO URL

Marco's AI_BetterAA
Marco's AI_Screencap
Marco's AIABMX
Marco's AIAPI
Marco's FPS Counter
Marco's MessageCenter
Marco's RuntimeUnityEditor
- [url]https://www.patreon.com/ManlyMarco[/url]

Mikke's PushUpPlugin for AI-Shoujo
- No link, see discord

STN's English Launcher
STN's Sideloader Modpack
- [url]https://www.patreon.com/BetterRepack[/url]

Misc (Collabs etc):
AIGirlFixes ([url]https://github.com/IllusionMods/IllusionFixes[/url])
BepisPlugins ([url]https://github.com/IllusionMods/BepisPlugins[/url])
There are two download options, Full for newcomers, Update for people that already have my previous packs (So they don't have to download all of it over again). If you experience ANY problem after using the update pack, please use the full pack before reporting any problems.

Share this pack as you want, re-host it or whatever.. All credit goes to the modders actually making this possible
Feel free to tell me if you reupload the pack anywhere else! :)

I'd very much appreciate it if you would all think about supporting me on patreon, but keep in mind that I won't paywall my packs, this is just for supporting me making my packs better :)

uploader-rip.png

As some of you have noticed, downloading content from the in-game downloader is quite the unstable experience. In order to offer multiple venues to aquire cards, I've acquired all available scene and card content on the official uploader (normaly only available from Japanese IPs) so that you may grab some of that content if you desire ;)

famicom9x

Dec 12, 2018
Can someone help me?

I use the

1. if you are using amd card, uninstall completely, reinstall amd driver and only install amd radeon, dont instlal another bullshit driver
2. antivirus detected and deleted the game files, so turn off antivirus or make exclusion,

Aug 11, 2020
View attachment 1228391

Due to the need to patch BepInEx 5.3 plugins to BepInEx 5.4 format, initial/first launch will take longer than usual. This is a one time thing, until plugins are updated for the new format.

You can update the sideloader modpack (clothing mods etc) from the launcher. Just press the icon in the lower left corner of the launcher with the arrow to check for updates. I'm updating that more often than the main pack, so should get some updates there every so often ;)

This is the readme for the pack, detailing the contents:​

Code:
Release 4 // 04.06.2021
<--------------------->

No donations // no ad-maze // no upfront payment
If you paid for this, you were scammed!
If you like the game, please buy it!
If you enjoy the mods, please consider donating to the modders on patreon where possible.

This pack is made with a up2date base game as of 17.01.2019, along with the components listed in credits, all up2date as of the release date of this pack. Some extras have been included, but are either easily removable or are sorted into folders marked [OPTIONAL]. Enjoy!

To add shortcuts to your desktop of the launcher and the most important folders for the game, feel free to run '[BR] Create Desktop Icons.bat'.

[B]IF YOU'RE MOVING FROM ANOTHER REPACK:[/B]
I don't recommend just extracting this over another repack, due to potential conflicts. Please extract this to its own folder and move over your chara, cap, studio and save folders.

[B]WANT A VANILLA PACK?[/B]
If you wish to convert this pack into a vanilla pack, there is a included script named '[BR] Vanillify the game.bat' that gives you the following options:
1. Remove only translation, leaving the rest of the mods intact
2. Remove all BetterRapack Extras
4. Remove all BetterRepack Extras, mods and translation
Feel free to use this script to customize your install, but keep in mind that using this may make the game incompatible with future repack updates, requiring you to download the next repack in full!

[B]WANT YOUR CARD OR SCENE INCLUDED IN THE NEXT REPACK?[/B]
Feel free to DM me on discord (ScrewThisNoise#3544) with the card(s) and/or scene(s), and I'll see what I can do for the next release. (See community links for server link)

[B]What is included in the base game?[/B]
- Base release game
- All preorder extras
- Newest official update as of 30.10
- Premium Miko DLC
- Premium Succubus DLC2
- Premium Sister DLC
- Premium Bondage DLC
- DX Expansion

(*) = Optional mod
(**) = Utility

[B]Updated in release 4 (this release):[/B]
[url]https://betterpaste.me/?64181a81b964f70e#BHyDjXjxupMBvdNxziXdHJcXda7jVEfdQ4nUcReqsg2j[/url]

DISTRIBUTION LOCATIONS:
These are locations where either I distribute new packs and updates, or partner-sites and services do so.
------------------>
Anime-Sharing:
- [url]http://www.anime-sharing.com/forum/members/screwthisnoise-181111/[/url]

F95Zone:
- [url]https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-ai-girl-ai-discussion-thread.34853/[/url]

Nyaa:
- [url]https://sukebei.nyaa.si/user/screwthisnoise[/url]

Otomi-games.com:
- [url]https://otomi-games.com/koikatu/[/url]

COMMUNITY LINKS:
------------------>
Discord Fan-Server
- [url]https://discord.gg/F3bDEFE[/url]

Pastebin
- [url]https://pastebin.com/QRRKtC45[/url]

CREDITS:
------------------>
2155X's AI_LightSettings
- [url]https://www.patreon.com/2155X[/url]

connector_jp's DHH
connector_jp's DHH MadWorld
- No link, see discord

DeathWeasel's AI_InputHotkeyBlock
DeathWeasel's MaterialEditor
DeathWeasel's Subtitles
- [url]https://www.patreon.com/DeathWeasel[/url]

Enimaroah's SB3Utility
- [url]https://github.com/enimaroah/SB3Utility[/url]

Hooh's Heelz
- NO URL

Marco's AI_BetterAA
Marco's AI_Screencap
Marco's AIABMX
Marco's AIAPI
Marco's FPS Counter
Marco's MessageCenter
Marco's RuntimeUnityEditor
- [url]https://www.patreon.com/ManlyMarco[/url]

Mikke's PushUpPlugin for AI-Shoujo
- No link, see discord

STN's English Launcher
STN's Sideloader Modpack
- [url]https://www.patreon.com/BetterRepack[/url]

Misc (Collabs etc):
AIGirlFixes ([url]https://github.com/IllusionMods/IllusionFixes[/url])
BepisPlugins ([url]https://github.com/IllusionMods/BepisPlugins[/url])
There are two download options, Full for newcomers, Update for people that already have my previous packs (So they don't have to download all of it over again). If you experience ANY problem after using the update pack, please use the full pack before reporting any problems.

Share this pack as you want, re-host it or whatever.. All credit goes to the modders actually making this possible
Feel free to tell me if you reupload the pack anywhere else! :)

I'd very much appreciate it if you would all think about supporting me on patreon, but keep in mind that I won't paywall my packs, this is just for supporting me making my packs better :)

View attachment 1228395

As some of you have noticed, downloading content from the in-game downloader is quite the unstable experience. In order to offer multiple venues to aquire cards, I've acquired all available scene and card content on the official uploader (normaly only available from Japanese IPs) so that you may grab some of that content if you desire ;)

View attachment 1228397
o_O Almost 100 GB o_O . I wanted to upgrade, but I'll stick with R2 then I guess. My SSD isn't made for these massive files unfortunately.

3.80 star(s) 56 Votes