alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
thanks for the explanation.

So what happens if you use a card from a custom directory. Is the original card modified or a copy is made?

is the corruption an issue if you are in create mode and not running two instances of the game?

What if you remove the card from the group and then edit it in create mode, does that translate back into the game if you add the girl to the group? do you lose all the stats with the girl that you built up during gameplay?
I haven't tried, I usually move the card into the main male/female directory, but if I had to guess, it probably would write to the existing card, maybe make a copy temporarily in the main folder to act as a sort of conduit.

You should never be running two instances of the game, that has got to play hell with resource usage anyway. As for create mode, you still won't be able to save to the card at all. You can create a completely new card, but that's it.

If you remove a card from a group, yes, you should be able to edit it again as it is then removed entirely from the game. Since even stats from actions in game are saved to the card, if you were to take it out of the group and put it back in without editing, it would continue as it was when it was removed, but editing is supposed to clear all in game information, so if it saved correctly, you should be starting completely fresh. That said, not saving correctly in this specific case is not the same as not saving correctly if, for example, you were creating a brand new card. Saving to an existing card and it not saving correctly usually just means the data didn't get cleared from its last time in game, saving to a new card and it not saving correctly would more likely lead to total corruption and inability to use the card in game without overwriting the corrupt data.

Reactions: Sepheyer

fnnn

Jun 5, 2021
I haven't tried, I usually move the card into the main male/female directory, but if I had to guess, it probably would write to the existing card, maybe make a copy temporarily in the main folder to act as a sort of conduit.

You should never be running two instances of the game, that has got to play hell with resource usage anyway. As for create mode, you still won't be able to save to the card at all. You can create a completely new card, but that's it.

If you remove a card from a group, yes, you should be able to edit it again as it is then removed entirely from the game. Since even stats from actions in game are saved to the card, if you were to take it out of the group and put it back in without editing, it would continue as it was when it was removed, but editing is supposed to clear all in game information, so if it saved correctly, you should be starting completely fresh. That said, not saving correctly in this specific case is not the same as not saving correctly if, for example, you were creating a brand new card. Saving to an existing card and it not saving correctly usually just means the data didn't get cleared from its last time in game, saving to a new card and it not saving correctly would more likely lead to total corruption and inability to use the card in game without overwriting the corrupt data.
that's what i thought, thanks.

Reactions: alex2011

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Is this problem not being solved yet? or is it artifacts due to my graphics card?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Looks like her body size slider is a bit too far on the large side to me. That would mess up the animations like that. Just to be sure, does it affect any vaginal position where she's not either laying down or on top of the guy, like doggy, or does that look okay.

ScrewThisNoise

Modder
Jun 24, 2019
cool.

How do you bundle the files along with the exe in the update?
how... it's packed into the exe... so that it can install it... how else would I do it? :LOL:
It's not super advanced, just checkout NSIS if you're wondering about the basics of NSIS.

I'm working on phasing out NSIS though, so none of this is valid for much longer, but ofc the files get bundled in the installer itself so that the installer can actually do its job. I don't know how much more I can say... you've seen the folder bundled and the script that's used to compile the installer. Nothing much more I can say about the installer.

If you still don't trust it, sorry, but either you're on your own or you need to download the full 7z archive to update. I won't distribute a 7z and bat bundle ever again, that didn't end well when I did it, so not gonna do it again. Nor do I plan to use double the time to design the updater, having one installer and one 7z/bat for every update. There isn't demand for the latter, I don't like it and people think cmd = virus. there's literally no upside to doing it that way.

I'm plenty open to explaining what I'm putting in the installer and what exactly it's doing, and I even give the source on request like I did here, that would be the fifth or so time I've gotten a source request, and all times I've given it. And NSIS is incredibly easy to reverse engineer, so I don't imagine doing anything dodgy there would go under the radar.

Iluha

Mar 13, 2019
Looks like her body size slider is a bit too far on the large side to me. That would mess up the animations like that. Just to be sure, does it affect any vaginal position where she's not either laying down or on top of the guy, like doggy, or does that look okay.
I asked if other users have such a problem. It looks like I'm not alone.) I used different modifications of the male decenser. Sometimes this happens in the anal dog pose. Probably a finer tuning of the body scale is needed. Although, for all the virtues of the editor and other things, the penetration quality is not yet the same as in HS 1.20

Last edited:

Iluha

Mar 13, 2019
how... it's packed into the exe... so that it can install it... how else would I do it? :LOL:
It's not super advanced, just checkout NSIS if you're wondering about the basics of NSIS.

I'm working on phasing out NSIS though, so none of this is valid for much longer, but ofc the files get bundled in the installer itself so that the installer can actually do its job. I don't know how much more I can say... you've seen the folder bundled and the script that's used to compile the installer. Nothing much more I can say about the installer.

If you still don't trust it, sorry, but either you're on your own or you need to download the full 7z archive to update. I won't distribute a 7z and bat bundle ever again, that didn't end well when I did it, so not gonna do it again. Nor do I plan to use double the time to design the updater, having one installer and one 7z/bat for every update. There isn't demand for the latter, I don't like it and people think cmd = virus. there's literally no upside to doing it that way.

I'm plenty open to explaining what I'm putting in the installer and what exactly it's doing, and I even give the source on request like I did here, that would be the fifth or so time I've gotten a source request, and all times I've given it. And NSIS is incredibly easy to reverse engineer, so I don't imagine doing anything dodgy there would go under the radar.
It is very convenient to update versions using exe. cool)

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: ScrewThisNoise

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I asked if other users have such a problem. It looks like I'm not alone.) I used different modifications of the male decenser. Sometimes this happens in the anal dog pose. Probably a finer tuning of the body scale is needed. Although, for all the virtues of the editor and other things, the penetration quality is not yet the same as in HS 1.20
HS1 has a lot more mods behind it that can help raise the quality, HS2 doesn't. It will get there assuming the modders stick around long enough.

Reactions: Iluha

NotQuiteMilk

Dec 18, 2017
Anybody that can help me move and/or remove the grey loading selection window circled in red?
And also how to move the second loading selection window at the back with blue circle(Character Loading Plugin 1.2) which is what I want to use. But that grey window is on top and I cant move or remove as needed. Im not even sure if the grey window is part of the main game or apart of some mod.
Im using version ScrewThisNoise 4.0.1

Any help appreciated.
RemoveWindow.jpg

ScrewThisNoise

Modder
Jun 24, 2019
Anybody that can help me move and/or remove the grey loading selection window circled in red?
And also how to move the second loading selection window at the back with blue circle(Character Loading Plugin 1.2) which is what I want to use. But that grey window is on top and I cant move or remove as needed. Im not even sure if the grey window is part of the main game or apart of some mod.
Im using version ScrewThisNoise 4.0.1

Any help appreciated.
RemoveWindow.jpg
Repeat after me: don't just apply stuff from the optional mods folder randomly.

Stuff are in there because:
- they add potential unwanted functionality
- they may cause problems
- they conflict with another mod in the pack

What you have there is Mikkes folder plugin applied from the optional mods, and it's conflicting with marcos browserfolders. :giggle:

I much prefer marcos, the gray one, so that's preapplied. You should disable one of them though

felicenko28

Jun 2, 2017
Hello everybody, i have a girl in my gropup with all the status maxed, but when i call her in the map selection i don't visualize any of the vip rooms. What's i'm missing?

Girl stat.jpg

Just discovered, i have the version R4.1, not the DX R2 :eek::eek:

Last edited:

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
i'm asking about rotation getting messed up in create mode. I think if you use left and right mouse buttons to move at the same time. the post seems to be for the scene creator.
When in Maker, do you see the focal point?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TRIX3RM4ST3R

Aug 27, 2018
Quick questions. Does anyone know where I can get "Dr fill goods dick mod" or a mod that adds horse cocks to the game? :WaitWhat::WaitWhat:

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
Last edited:

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
So, looking at my version it says I have 4.1, but apparantly I don't have DX? No idea how that happened, but it doesn't say DX in the version-number and I don't have access to the new personalities.

... Guess I need to download the full game instead of just updating again. This is gonna be a pain.

DrWho345

Apr 7, 2020
About to download the 4.0.1 version, had a couple of quick questions I am hoping people could help me with

I have a mac and play this through windows using Parallels Desktop
1. Even though I change mice, I still cannot control the camera with my mouse at all, I can only control with the arrow keys, I have some movement in create mode, but not a lot
2. Is there a way yet to get cards from earlier version of Honey Select 1 to work with DX? or should I still use the method of running both games at once, and just replicating the stats
3. Is there a way to improve squirting? or make it that there is a button you can press? anything like that

Thanks

ScrewThisNoise

Modder
Jun 24, 2019
About to download the 4.0.1 version, had a couple of quick questions I am hoping people could help me with

I have a mac and play this through windows using Parallels Desktop
1. Even though I change mice, I still cannot control the camera with my mouse at all, I can only control with the arrow keys, I have some movement in create mode, but not a lot
2. Is there a way yet to get cards from earlier version of Honey Select 1 to work with DX? or should I still use the method of running both games at once, and just replicating the stats
3. Is there a way to improve squirting? or make it that there is a button you can press? anything like that

Thanks
1. That's a unity engine problem I'm quite sure... Same thing happens when playing the game remotely, like with Shadow or something.
2. Nope, manually copying sliders and adjust as needed.

3.80 star(s) 56 Votes