alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Thanks, but I would like a 7z file, not an exe of only the changes.
That's basically the only option besides a full download of the new version.

thanks everyone.

can this plugin be included in the next release of the repack?
STN might already be looking into that, but even if it does get included, if it has any sort of issue with a mod that is already in, it might end up in the optional mods folder, in which case you do have to install it yourself.

Reactions: Sepheyer

fnnn

Jun 5, 2021
That's basically the only option besides a full download of the new version.

STN might already be looking into that, but even if it does get included, if it has any sort of issue with a mod that is already in, it might end up in the optional mods folder, in which case you do have to install it yourself.
There is no 7z file for just the update. It's an exe. Where is the 7z?

fnnn

Jun 5, 2021
There is no 7z for just the update, it's either use exe or download the full game for whatever update you need and/or want.
yes, that is my point. I would like a 7z file for the update.

is there a place to get male player cards for honey select 2?

ScrewThisNoise

Modder
Jun 24, 2019
Thanks, but I would like a 7z file, not an exe of only the changes.
There isn't one, creating one would be counterproductive and just cause confusion for users. The updater removes files that need removing and adds files that need adding, several tasks that can't be done with just a clean 7z file. I've tried using 7z files before as updates in my earlier days... let's just say there's a reason I no longer do that.

If you don't place trust in my exe updaters, I don't know what I can do... you on the other hand can download the full pack in that case

And if you download the full pack, in the name of all that's holy, DO NOT JUST EXTRACT IT OVER THE OLD GAME AND GO "JOLLY GOOD DAY MATE"
You're very likely to get problems going about it like that. Extract the full pack to a new folder, and copy your old userdata over.
thanks everyone.

can this plugin be included in the next release of the repack?
Ofc it will, noticed it existing, but not gotten the time to actually give it a spin yet. If it has no problems it will be present in the next update.

fnnn

Jun 5, 2021
There isn't one, creating one would be counterproductive and just cause confusion for users. The updater removes files that need removing and adds files that need adding, several tasks that can't be done with just a clean 7z file. I've tried using 7z files before as updates in my earlier days... let's just say there's a reason I no longer do that.

If you don't place trust in my exe updaters, I don't know what I can do... you on the other hand can download the full pack in that case

And if you download the full pack, in the name of all that's holy, DO NOT JUST EXTRACT IT OVER THE OLD GAME AND GO "JOLLY GOOD DAY MATE"
You're very likely to get problems going about it like that. Extract the full pack to a new folder, and copy your old userdata over.

Ofc it will, noticed it existing, but not gotten the time to actually give it a spin yet. If it has no problems it will be present in the next update.
thanks, that's great about the plugin.

about the 7z update, I was just thinking it would be cool to have a 7z of the modified files and a bat file to delete the files that need deleting. That should cover everything. Uncompress the 7z overtop of the game directory, then run the bat and you are good to go.

can you help with the following questions:

How do you rotate a girl by where you click or the centre of the model? This gets messed up after using left and right button to move around in the scene I think. After that point, it rotates around some point in space that moves the model out of view and I haven't found a way to get back to the rotation around the centre of the model.

is there a way to touch the models via a virtual hand or something during scenes or are you just observing the animation in the scene and control the speed?

how is saving done per girl. is it stored in the original card, in a duplicate card or another file?

if you modify a card while using it, what changes in your group/game?

thanks for all your work

richman1975

Aug 24, 2020
So I downloaded the all in one and the game works fine. However I don't see better penetration. Do I need to download the 52gb sideloader for that? Or am I just missing something?

Reactions: Iluha

MrLaurent

Jun 7, 2021
I can't update any files (by KKManager)
i see than the path to copy the files (new pack) is too long.
(D:\Games\[ScrewThisNoise] HoneySelect 2 DX BetterRepack R4\mods\Sideloader Modpack - Bleeding Edge\Discord\Sideloader Modpack - Uncensor Selector\UserData\Overlays\Uncensor\Alien_Vagina-A_Colour_Overlays\100-Percent_Opacity)
i explain.
if i create a new file in "100-Percent_Opacity" folder, the max length of filename is 31.
if i create a new file in D:\, i can have a very long filename (eg: 100), i can copy it in "100-Percent_Opacity", but i can't change the end of filename because i have an error "filename too long".

i have windows 10 and a ntfs SSD.

an idea?
1) i can rename [ScrewThisNoise] HoneySelect 2 DX BetterRepack R4, but it's not a perfect solution for me.

thx

ScrewThisNoise

Modder
Jun 24, 2019

about the 7z update, I was just thinking it would be cool to have a 7z of the modified files and a bat file to delete the files that need deleting. That should cover everything. Uncompress the 7z overtop of the game directory, then run the bat and you are good to go.

How do you rotate a girl by where you click or the centre of the model? This gets messed up after using left and right button to move around in the scene I think. After that point, it rotates around some point in space that moves the model out of view and I haven't found a way to get back to the rotation around the centre of the model.

is there a way to touch the models via a virtual hand or something during scenes or are you just observing the animation in the scene and control the speed?

how is saving done per girl. is it stored in the original card, in a duplicate card or another file?

thanks for all your work
That's basically what the installer is. If you're curious about what it's doing, sure, here's the source code for the R4.0.1 updater: (Gonna need a rewrite as I'm in the progress of migrating away from this framework to a more flexible one, but currently this is the one I use so)

Not much scary stuff going on here, but way more user friendly than doing the same in a CMD window. There's a reason BAT and CMD files are out of fashion, people don't trust it. Blame Hollywood :ROFLMAO:

think the manual explains game control operations, so do give that a peek for that, and no idea what you're asking with the rest of your question?

ScrewThisNoise

Modder
Jun 24, 2019
I can't update any files (by KKManager)
i see than the path to copy the files (new pack) is too long.
(D:\Games\[ScrewThisNoise] HoneySelect 2 DX BetterRepack R4\mods\Sideloader Modpack - Bleeding Edge\Discord\Sideloader Modpack - Uncensor Selector\UserData\Overlays\Uncensor\Alien_Vagina-A_Colour_Overlays\100-Percent_Opacity)
i explain.
if i create a new file in "100-Percent_Opacity" folder, the max length of filename is 31.
if i create a new file in D:\, i can have a very long filename (eg: 100), i can copy it in "100-Percent_Opacity", but i can't change the end of filename because i have an error "filename too long".

i have windows 10 and a ntfs SSD.

an idea?
1) i can rename [ScrewThisNoise] HoneySelect 2 DX BetterRepack R4, but it's not a perfect solution for me.

thx
Just ignore it, it's indeed deep in the system. Bleeding edge is pretty much my working folder, so things are kinda just stuffed in there and shuffled around as I work. I take no care in making that folder user friendly, as... well... it's my workspace, not meant for release, thus why you have to accept a warning to use it.

you can replicate my setup to get the same experience I have though if you really want it, as I always have my game on C:\Illusion\HoneySelect2, or you can grab whatever you want at

fnnn

Jun 5, 2021
Just ignore it, it's indeed deep in the system. Bleeding edge is pretty much my working folder, so things are kinda just stuffed in there and shuffled around as I work. I take no care in making that folder user friendly, as... well... it's my workspace, not meant for release, thus why you have to accept a warning to use it.

you can replicate my setup to get the same experience I have though if you really want it, as I always have my game on C:\Illusion\HoneySelect2, or you can grab whatever you want at
why do you delete optional mods directory in your update?

is there a way to reset the rotation point of what you are rotating around? Sometimes the rotation point moves away from the girl during creation.

is there a way to interact with the girl directly via your cursor or are you just watching the animation with limited control?

ScrewThisNoise

Modder
Jun 24, 2019
why do you delete optional mods directory in your update?

is there a way to reset the rotation point of what you are rotating around? Sometimes the rotation point moves away from the girl during creation.

is there a way to interact with the girl directly via your cursor or are you just watching the animation with limited control?
I delete it to replace it with the new one. A lot of users play around with the Optional mods folder, so resetting it makes it all available again after updating. Basically resetting the pack state to a known good means that existing optional mods are removed from the game, so need to restore the optional mods folder to allow the user to install it all over again.

This all is a gigantic exercise in addressing all scenarios for all users as best as can be done, so I'm taking into account normal changes users do to the pack after extracting it, like messing with the optional mods folder and adding or removing mods, sometimes to not great results

As a result from this approach, using the updater may also be used to repair your game if you've made a mistake on the plugin front, quickly restoring the plugin state to a known good without needing to download the whole pack again.

About rotation point, yes there are keyboard shortcuts, don't remember them at the top of my head, especially as I'm using 3 keyboard layouts, so kinda just press around till I get what I want :WeSmart:

and as for interacting, I don't believe so, I haven't seen such a thing documented nor discussed, and I don't believe I've triggered such a thing during testing.

May 12, 2021

Thank you for asking people to look at the std_hairpack-highlights thing.
the new one I'm starting to see since DX 3.1 is:

2x [Warning: Unity Log] The referenced script (EyeAdv_AutoDilation) on this Behaviour is missing!
2x [Warning: Unity Log] The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'compatible') is missing!

Any "tear down" are probably my memory starting to get throttled I'm guessing.
Error : Unity Log] Can't remove RectTransform because LayoutElement (Script) depends on it
It's a minor hiccup with the file explorer inside the main room and character maker.

Does anyone use Velocitry.dll anymore? I keep seeing that "WARN:RUE Vectrosity.dll is not available, drawing gizmos will be disabled." I think it's been around the since the AI*Girl days.
I think it was something used to tie in for VR menus right for simple overlays?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017

thanks for all your work
Saving is done to the card itself and no modifications can be made to a card inside a group because it specifically blocks access to cards in use since it is almost constantly writing data to the card while playing. If you were to modify the card while it is in use, because of the near constant flow of data, you would risk corrupting it entirely.

• Angry
Reactions: congru and Sepheyer

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020

Here is a link to the rotation point explanation:

https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion...-help-guides-thread.66252/page-2#post-5999114

Girls are non-interactable. One exception - hit "M" (at least in the Studio Neo application) and now their tits and buns will jiggle when you cursor over them.

fnnn

Jun 5, 2021
I delete it to replace it with the new one. A lot of users play around with the Optional mods folder, so resetting it makes it all available again after updating. Basically resetting the pack state to a known good means that existing optional mods are removed from the game, so need to restore the optional mods folder to allow the user to install it all over again.

This all is a gigantic exercise in addressing all scenarios for all users as best as can be done, so I'm taking into account normal changes users do to the pack after extracting it, like messing with the optional mods folder and adding or removing mods, sometimes to not great results

As a result from this approach, using the updater may also be used to repair your game if you've made a mistake on the plugin front, quickly restoring the plugin state to a known good without needing to download the whole pack again.

About rotation point, yes there are keyboard shortcuts, don't remember them at the top of my head, especially as I'm using 3 keyboard layouts, so kinda just press around till I get what I want :WeSmart:

and as for interacting, I don't believe so, I haven't seen such a thing documented nor discussed, and I don't believe I've triggered such a thing during testing.
sorry, I meant that you delete the optional mods but i didn't see where you copy them back

fnnn

Jun 5, 2021
Saving is done to the card itself and no modifications can be made to a card inside a group because it specifically blocks access to cards in use since it is almost constantly writing data to the card while playing. If you were to modify the card while it is in use, because of the near constant flow of data, you would risk corrupting it entirely.
thanks for the explanation.

So what happens if you use a card from a custom directory. Is the original card modified or a copy is made?

is the corruption an issue if you are in create mode and not running two instances of the game?

What if you remove the card from the group and then edit it in create mode, does that translate back into the game if you add the girl to the group? do you lose all the stats with the girl that you built up during gameplay?

fnnn

Jun 5, 2021
Here is a link to the rotation point explanation:

https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion...-help-guides-thread.66252/page-2#post-5999114

Girls are non-interactable. One exception - hit "M" (at least in the Studio Neo application) and now their tits and buns will jiggle when you cursor over them.
thanks

i'm asking about rotation getting messed up in create mode. I think if you use left and right mouse buttons to move at the same time. the post seems to be for the scene creator.

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 56 Votes