alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I have the Fakku! unlimited version. is this just the japanese version? or a version beyond unlimited? thank you!
Unlimited is a version of Honey Select 1, this is Honey Select 2. It is a sequel, not a new version of the same game. As far as whether it is the Japanese version, yes, since that's the only one that exists right now, but it has everything necessary for a non-Japanese speaker to play.

• Red Heart
Reactions: caracute524

MrWrongtubes

Apr 1, 2020
Is downloading the optional sideloader necessary? Its freakin 59.6 GB!!!
The key word there is OPTIONAL ;)

If you're looking to play with StudioNeo the sideloader is mostly assets and maps for that, if you're just planning on playing the base game, you can avoid this.

MrWrongtubes

Apr 1, 2020
Should I have "Enable GraphicsMod" checked? Or "DHH?"
You can only have one or the other active.

DHH is the "fast and dirty" way of improving the look of your game, fairly simple to use

GraphicsMod is a bit more advanced and has a ton of features, but is more in-depth.

NOTE: If you intend to use Hanmen's NextGen skins (or load cards that use that texture) you will need to use GraphicsMod and have SSS enabled. The texture does not work with DHH.

Reactions: SweetSummerChild

MrWrongtubes

Apr 1, 2020
Better ;)

Firstly, you'll want to check what AA settings you're using. By default the RePack will use AA settings based on what graphics mode you're using (DHH OR GraphicsMod), but will also have a Plugin called Better AA running as well. Disabling Better AA is usually your best bet for improving the look of hairs and textures like the fur on her coat and the weave on pantyhose.

You might also want to check which Hair Rendering type is active on the card itself - Find this at the bottom of the Hair tab in the character creator - save to update the card. Personally I tend to find that Type 02 is better-looking and less diffused than Type 01.

Bear in mind some of the hairs don't render all that great at the best of times, but disabling Better AA, then adjusting the overall AA settings for whichever graphics mode you're running will get the best results. Or at the very least improve the overall look for you.

Kewaiii

Jan 25, 2021
Better ;)

Firstly, you'll want to check what AA settings you're using. By default the RePack will use AA settings based on what graphics mode you're using (DHH OR GraphicsMod), but will also have a Plugin called Better AA running as well. Disabling Better AA is usually your best bet for improving the look of hairs and textures like the fur on her coat and the weave on pantyhose.

You might also want to check which Hair Rendering type is active on the card itself - Find this at the bottom of the Hair tab in the character creator - save to update the card. Personally I tend to find that Type 02 is better-looking and less diffused than Type 01.

Bear in mind some of the hairs don't render all that great at the best of times, but disabling Better AA, then adjusting the overall AA settings for whichever graphics mode you're running will get the best results. Or at the very least improve the overall look for you.
Hey thanks for replying I will try this out but I don't see this effect in real time, only when I tried to render a screenshot using F11 did this show up. Hope it still helps with that. Also how do I go about doing what you said? Can't find any setting regarding these things in studio neo

Last edited:

MrWrongtubes

Apr 1, 2020
Hey thanks for replying I will try this out but I don't see this effect in real time, only when I tried to render a screenshot using F11 did this show up. Hope it still helps with that. Also how do I go about doing what you said? Can't find any setting regarding these things in studio neo
Pressing F1 either in the main game or Studio brings up the Plugin menu.

You can enable/disable Better AA from there. A lot of your settings will come down to personal preference and adjusting your individual settings.

As I mentioned, hairs can sometimes just look bad regardless. You can lower the quality or adjust the type of AA you want to improve the overall look of the hairs, but you will likely lose definition elsewhere.

Ran a little test to see for myself (Using GraphicsMod - Better AA OFF)

Overall, and without playing with any other settings, I right away found that FXAA works better for hairstyles than SMAA or TAA. You'll have to open the screenshots and view them fullscreen to see what I mean - particularly with this hair around the scalp/hairline:

TAA
StudioNEOV2 2021-09-06 13-09-14.png

SMAA
StudioNEOV2 2021-09-06 13-09-34.png

FXAA
StudioNEOV2 2021-09-06 13-09-37.png

You might have different results if you're using DHH, but half of this game (including finding the right graphical settings) is a bit of a struggle to find what works for you :)

Kewaiii

Jan 25, 2021
Pressing F1 either in the main game or Studio brings up the Plugin menu.

You can enable/disable Better AA from there. A lot of your settings will come down to personal preference and adjusting your individual settings.

As I mentioned, hairs can sometimes just look bad regardless. You can lower the quality or adjust the type of AA you want to improve the overall look of the hairs, but you will likely lose definition elsewhere.

Ran a little test to see for myself (Using GraphicsMod - Better AA OFF)

Overall, and without playing with any other settings, I right away found that FXAA works better for hairstyles than SMAA or TAA. You'll have to open the screenshots and view them fullscreen to see what I mean - particularly with this hair around the scalp/hairline:

TAA
View attachment 1390826

SMAA
View attachment 1390825

FXAA
View attachment 1390823

You might have different results if you're using DHH, but half of this game (including finding the right graphical settings) is a bit of a struggle to find what works for you :)
Thanks for your help dude, I'll check this out!

BNDFHJeje

Jul 15, 2018
Better ;)

Hey would you by any chance know if there is a Gimmick like hooh's piston gimmick that has a lot of animation settings (like Bezier, Quadratic etc) but is a Rotator? The default rotator has no animation settings.

SSSKKK000

Jul 15, 2019
Hello guys, I just came back after initially playing the first repack, and man the performance has seemingly tanked !

I use a 2060 Super, with a i710700, and no matter the graphics setting, I get locked 29.80 - 29.99 fps permanently ! Horrible.

I checked the advanced graphic option plugin menu, vsync is disabled, but I can't believe that it runs thiss ass. Triple A titles run above 100fps on highest settings 1080p, yet here I'm seemingly locked to stay at 30.

Can anyone please give me some pointers on how to fix that ? No matter if lowest or highest setting, map on or off, its stuck between 29 - 30 permanently.

I remember being locked to 60 on the first repack, but 30 is unplayable.

Edit: when I swapped to DHH instead of Graphics Mod, plus changed preset in initial settings to "Normal" from "Quality, I get +60.

But I still feel like locked to 30 with Graphics mod and Quality preset is criminally low.

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Hello guys, I just came back after initially playing the first repack, and man the performance has seemingly tanked !

I use a 2060 Super, with a i710700, and no matter the graphics setting, I get locked 29.80 - 29.99 fps permanently ! Horrible.

I checked the advanced graphic option plugin menu, vsync is disabled, but I can't believe that it runs thiss ass. Triple A titles run above 100fps on highest settings 1080p, yet here I'm seemingly locked to stay at 30.

Can anyone please give me some pointers on how to fix that ? No matter if lowest or highest setting, map on or off, its stuck between 29 - 30 permanently.

I remember being locked to 60 on the first repack, but 30 is unplayable.

Edit: when I swapped to DHH instead of Graphics Mod, plus changed preset in initial settings to "Normal" from "Quality, I get +60.

But I still feel like locked to 30 with Graphics mod and Quality preset is criminally low.
Triple A titles have large companies with entire teams on every aspect of the game and lots of money. If you think 30 is bad, it really isn't, try the previous game, AI Shoujo. That one is so poorly optimized that, last time I played it, I couldn't get over 20 and sometimes went lower than that on a 1060 and an i7 6700HQ that runs Koikatsu and this game just fine.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I didnt play for a year does this game get any updates or new animations?
Not from the developers, not sure about mods. The next thing to come up for it would be an official translation, but once again I seem to be finding nothing but silence after talk of one. This is the second time that has happened.

3.80 star(s) 56 Votes