RuberFF

Sep 27, 2018
Can someone help me find the update or the missing files? Where some of these on the optional pack of the download? IMG_20211014_095339.jpg

dewicher

Jun 6, 2018
hi, i wanted to update mods but my manager is outdated and it sends me to patreon, how can i update mod manager?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Can someone help me find the update or the missing files? Where some of these on the optional pack of the download? View attachment 1452163
Most times, a missing mod message really means it can't find the version of a mod that is applied to a character in the files because the files have a newer version than the one used on the character. This is usually an accessory as those save to the card of that character and do not update when the file they come from is updated. To fix this, IF the message is just because it does not detect the newer version on the character, take accessories off and then put them back on. This will update the accessory from the old version to the one in your current files.

No, these would not be from the Sideloader Modpack, that is studio only and does not affect items placed on characters, which is what these all are from what I can tell.

Reactions: turbojoe

RuberFF

Sep 27, 2018
Most times, a missing mod message really means it can't find the version of a mod that is applied to a character in the files because the files have a newer version than the one used on the character. This is usually an accessory as those save to the card of that character and do not update when the file they come from is updated. To fix this, IF the message is just because it does not detect the newer version on the character, take accessories off and then put them back on. This will update the accessory from the old version to the one in your current files.

No, these would not be from the Sideloader Modpack, that is studio only and does not affect items placed on characters, which is what these all are from what I can tell.
What about when the missed item is a color skin tone? I've seen more than one character with missing skin (Aka pitch black tone)

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
What about when the missed item is a color skin tone? I've seen more than one character with missing skin (Aka pitch black tone)
Then the file is actually missing in those cases, hence the black tone. Skin tone does not save the exact version used to the card, so it won't fail to detect an old version because there is no old version to not detect. I'm not sure where to look about getting missing skin tones. It may have been one that was previously available that got pay walled. Skin tones tend to be the biggest issue with modders pay walling their mods.

RuberFF

Sep 27, 2018
Then the file is actually missing in those cases, hence the black tone. Skin tone does not save the exact version used to the card, so it won't fail to detect an old version because there is no old version to not detect. I'm not sure where to look about getting missing skin tones. It may have been one that was previously available that got pay walled. Skin tones tend to be the biggest issue with modders pay walling their mods.
While I was doing the "Update" in the initial launcher Interrupted a little after the beginning, I'm not sure if in doing that something got deleted.

By the way, I'm asking myself, is this game worth all the space it's taking on my PC? I have only 500GB of free space and just this game is taking 1/4 of it and it doesn't seems like it has all that much to offer.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
While I was doing the "Update" in the initial launcher Interrupted a little after the beginning, I'm not sure if in doing that something got deleted.

By the way, I'm asking myself, is this game worth all the space it's taking on my PC? I have only 500GB of free space and just this game is taking 1/4 of it and it doesn't seems like it has all that much to offer.
It may be in the files and may have gotten corrupted in that case. Files, when they become corrupted, can act in several different ways, one of which is for the program to not detect that they are there. This may have happened in this case. The only fix would be to download the file again, but without knowing exactly which file controls the missing mods, you may have to download everything again.

As for space, I would suggest an external hard drive, that way it won't take up space on your actual system hard drive. The impact is minimal at best, so performance isn't really an issue there. I've done it before, in fact, mine is usually on one unless I want to use it while not connected to an external hard drive.

Nocdub

Nov 28, 2018
I'm going fucking bonkers trying to find this missing/outdated mods after the last repack update, the KKManager says there's nothing else to update.
Unreal-Engine-KS-Levels-v5-4.png

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I'm going fucking bonkers trying to find this missing/outdated mods after the last repack update, the KKManager says there's nothing else to update.
View attachment 1453059
As I said above, they probably aren't actually missing, but the game is detecting an old version of the mods attached to character cards that is no longer installed. Even if you have a newer version of the same mod, it only counts what was last applied to a character, so the character card now has a version applied that is no longer installed because a newer version was put in its place.

All you have to do, assuming the above is the problem as usual, is take accessories and other modded parts off of characters and then put them back on. This will swap the old version for the new version.

NeyZa

Feb 5, 2020
Does the 4.1 Modpack only works if the game is in the 4.0 Version ? If it does not work on previous Versions how can I update them ?

Nocdub

Nov 28, 2018
As I said above, they probably aren't actually missing, but the game is detecting an old version of the mods attached to character cards that is no longer installed. Even if you have a newer version of the same mod, it only counts what was last applied to a character, so the character card now has a version applied that is no longer installed because a newer version was put in its place.

All you have to do, assuming the above is the problem as usual, is take accessories and other modded parts off of characters and then put them back on. This will swap the old version for the new version.
I literally have hundreds of character cards. I tried to remove all of my girls from the Groups to see which ones are the faulty ones, but the warning keeps popping up. And i obviously can't go one by one (again, hundreds of cards) There has to be a more automated solution.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I literally have hundreds of character cards. I tried to remove all of my girls from the Groups to see which ones are the faulty ones, but the warning keeps popping up. And i obviously can't go one by one (again, hundreds of cards) There has to be a more automated solution.
There isn't, not if the mods aren't actually missing. If they are actually missing, it's as easy as updating through the updater in Initsetting, but if the characters having old accessories is to blame, then they have to be updated, which can only be done by the game's character creator.

noostradamus

Apr 3, 2019
the FAQ says this game doesn't support VR mode yet but other sources claim it already does - i'm guessing the FAQ is outdated, then?

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
hi, i wanted to update mods but my manager is outdated and it sends me to patreon, how can i update mod manager?
I think, you mean KKManager? You can get the last release v0.18.0 from here:

But be careful: I crushed my fine working game (Repack R4.0.1) by updating!
When your game is working, better let it as be.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021

Thanks for the hint, I had the same problem (new to HS, new install, collected and installed many existing cards).
Now I know what to do :)

Reactions: alex2011

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Hy, I´m new in HS2 and have a problem with bathroom attack.
Repack 4.0.1 is working fine, but when I want to start an attack in bathroom (same when peek) the game got stuck in a white screen - nothing happens and I can´t leave (no button response). I have to kill the game in task manager.
What´s wrong?
Any help?

Update: I tried something about - the issue only seems to happen in bathroom and shower. Toilets are ok.
Maybe a damaged scene?
Problem solved: found, that the same Repack installation on my 2nd PC was working in bathroom.....again installed and now its working

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Another question of a noob: is there an opportunity to edit and modify a card without loosing the existing achievements in sex and so on?

3.80 star(s) 56 Votes