Hypnolover69

Mar 22, 2019
If you load girls into a group, which you cannot avoid to get achievements, and then close the game only to come back and find the groups are now empty the next time you start the game, no, that is a game breaking issue.

I cannot even begin to tell you where to start on this, there are a number of different things that could be causing it. I'm leaning toward a faulty mod, which would mean there is nothing that we can do until the modders fix it, but I don't know if that is the cause.
Okay Thank you that was what I was looking for. I was using R7 and will now try R9 and hopefully it'll save my things

wapitawg

Aug 16, 2017
WTF, the fresh install of the latest repack runs so freaking slow during H-scenes, like, I have about 17 FPS on my 1070Ti and 8600K with 16GB of RAM... Seriously, what the heck? I didn't do anything beside installing the newest BetterRepack and it runs like shit? I've even tried to clean and update the game through HF Patch, updated my GPU drivers, did everything and still Honey Select 2 runs like that? MSI Afterburner doesn't even show the 100% usage of my components, it's hilarious.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
WTF, the fresh install of the latest repack runs so freaking slow during H-scenes, like, I have about 17 FPS on my 1070Ti and 8600K with 16GB of RAM... Seriously, what the heck? I didn't do anything beside installing the newest BetterRepack and it runs like shit? I've even tried to clean and update the game through HF Patch, updated my GPU drivers, did everything and still Honey Select 2 runs like that? MSI Afterburner doesn't even show the 100% usage of my components, it's hilarious.
Your 1070ti has little effect on Illusion games as far as performance in normal conditions, most of the load is on RAM, but you do have plenty of that. It could be part of what STN is trying to figure out at this time, which also affects 30 series cards.

Reactions: wapitawg

wapitawg

Aug 16, 2017
Your 1070ti has little effect on Illusion games as far as performance in normal conditions, most of the load is on RAM, but you do have plenty of that. It could be part of what STN is trying to figure out at this time, which also affects 30 series cards.
Thank you for such a polite answer to my mental break, I'm in a process of downloading the vanilla game and then I'll try to use HF Patch on it in hope that it will solve this performance issue, because the game is unplayable in this state.

Reactions: alex2011

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Okay Thank you that was what I was looking for. I was using R7 and will now try R9 and hopefully it'll save my things
That´s a good idea, cuz R7 is very outdated meanwhile.
Be sure to place your game folder nearest top of the drive to avoid long file pathes.

After installing (extracting) R9 take your settings in InitSetting and run first of all "update", this will update all mods which were update since the Repack was assembled.
Then start the game.

Reactions: alex2011

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Thank you for such a polite answer to my mental break, I'm in a process of downloading the vanilla game and then I'll try to use HF Patch on it in hope that it will solve this performance issue, because the game is unplayable in this state.
Pls note: BetterRepack and HF Patch aren´t compatible, as the description of BetterRepack says.

Your troubles with 1070 Ti are unusual for me, I only know messages with RTX30.. cards.
And my GTX 1660 Ti doesn´t know any performance issues......................

Did you place your game folder on top of the drive? Without any unnecessary subfolders?

wapitawg

Aug 16, 2017
Pls note: BetterRepack and HF Patch aren´t compatible, as the description of BetterRepack says.

Your troubles with 1070 Ti are unusual for me, I only know messages with RTX30.. cards.
And my GTX 1660 Ti doesn´t know any performance issues......................

Did you place your game folder on top of the drive? Without any unnecessary subfolders?
BTW, 1660Ti is Turing, like RTX 2XXX generation, 1070Ti is Pascal, an older architecture. They're not similiar I'm afraid. 3XXX is Ampere.

It's sits in D:\Games\HS2 on an SSD M.2 drive.
I tried HF Patch on a BetterRepack only after not succeeding in optimising the game and it didn't affect it in any visible way.
I'm re-downloading BetterRepack R9b now to reinstall it altogether, but I don't assume that it can change anything.

I the meanwhile I've tried vanilla game (Steam release). It runs buttery smooth with constant 60 FPS (I capped it at 60 with MSI Afterburner / RivaTuner).

After applying HF Patch to the vanilla game, it got slow again. Not as slow as BetterRepack, but I didn't use any girls with next gen skin or custom clothing and that might be the case. Disabling shadows made it run a little smoother*, but it also looks weird without them. I think GraphicsMod is to blame, but IDK why does it work like that. This game shouldn't be that slow on my PC. And I'm not even playing my native resolution, 1440p, only 1080p.

*Edit: it depends on a map. In a "Female Room" my FPS goes from about 17-21 with shadows on to 40-50 without the shadows.

Last edited:

jvalent2

Feb 21, 2022
Does anyone know how to fix poseloader? I am trying to use the feature to take picture of the poses so you can preview them and it is not working. Can anyone help please?

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
BTW, 1660Ti is Turing, like RTX 2XXX generation, 1070Ti is Pascal, an older architecture. They're not similiar I'm afraid. 3XXX is Ampere.

It's sits in D:\Games\HS2 on an SSD M.2 drive.
I tried HF Patch on a BetterRepack only after not succeeding in optimising the game and it didn't affect it in any visible way.
I'm re-downloading BetterRepack R9b now to reinstall it altogether, but I don't assume that it can change anything.

I the meanwhile I've tried vanilla game (Steam release). It runs buttery smooth with constant 60 FPS (I capped it at 60 with MSI Afterburner / RivaTuner).

After applying HF Patch to the vanilla game, it got slow again. Not as slow as BetterRepack, but I didn't use any girls with next gen skin or custom clothing and that might be the case. Disabling shadows made it run a little smoother*, but it also looks weird without them. I think GraphicsMod is to blame, but IDK why does it work like that. This game shouldn't be that slow on my PC. And I'm not even playing my native resolution, 1440p, only 1080p.

*Edit: it depends on a map. In a "Female Room" my FPS goes from about 17-21 with shadows on to 40-50 without the shadows.
For Steam version is a patch from ScrewThisNoise available
https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-libido-dx-r7-illusion.53457/post-8285851

Maybe this works better than HF Patch

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
is the steam version good?
what are the differences with the crack version of this site?
Look here
https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-libido-dx-r7-illusion.53457/post-8277967
https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-libido-dx-r7-illusion.53457/page-457#post-8285851
https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-libido-dx-r7-illusion.53457/post-8287430

As you see you have no advantage against the classic BetterRepack (recent version R9b), but also no real disadvantage, insofar you use the ModPatch of ScrewThisNoise https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-libido-dx-r7-illusion.53457/post-8285851

Hypnolover69

Mar 22, 2019
The game saves automatically on your Player´s Achievements. You only need to play advance.
The save file is here
View attachment 1882456
You can´t "load a Savegame" - you only can start from beginning (with tutorial) with a new player character or you delete the save.dat.

The advance of girls feeling is saved on their cards automatically. This advance is deleted when make "save new" in Character Creator or you reset the girl in the game while editing groups
View attachment 1882483
BTW I checked the UserData/Save thing and Its empty for me, I used the magnet for HS2 BR9b for download. So IDK what to do

• Wow
Reactions: turbojoe

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
is the steam version good?
what are the differences with the crack version of this site?
The difference is no studio and extra steps, the version here is better

BTW I checked the UserData/Save thing and Its empty for me, I used the magnet for HS2 BR9b for download. So IDK what to do
Sounds like something is deleting your saves, check that your antivirus isn't flagging it, though not sure why it would unless the antivirus is the severely overprotective, jump at almost everything regardless of actual threat Norton.

Hypnolover69

Mar 22, 2019
The difference is no studio and extra steps, the version here is better

Sounds like something is deleting your saves, check that your antivirus isn't flagging it, though not sure why it would unless the antivirus is the severely overprotective, jump at almost everything regardless of actual threat Norton.
How do I check that ? I don't have any antivirus other than the basic windows one. I should probably say that I have the same issue with Playhome. so idk what to do

Hilluier

Jan 17, 2020
Hey, I downloaded the full pack of BRepack9, along with getting Next gen shaders 2.0 and the next gen textures 1.01 earlier today. Do i have to manually change the face and body from the AiT to hanmen each time I open up someone else' card, or is there a way to make it automatically do that?

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
Hey, I downloaded the full pack of BRepack9, along with getting Next gen shaders 2.0 and the next gen textures 1.01 earlier today. Do i have to manually change the face and body from the AiT to hanmen each time I open up someone else' card, or is there a way to make it automatically do that?
I'd say a decent proprtion of cards will be set up with Hanmen shaders already. If there are those that don't already have them and you want to add them, then, to my knowledge, you will need to manually change each one.
But the cards will work fine without them. They just probably won't look as good.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
How do I check that ? I don't have any antivirus other than the basic windows one. I should probably say that I have the same issue with Playhome. so idk what to do
Open up said antivirus and check the history (for Defender, it is under virus and threat protection on the left, the history option will be third under quick scan). If it says it did something to one or more HS2 files in that history, I do believe there is an option drop down menu that allows you to 'allow' the file that it quarantined assuming it did.

Hypnolover69

Mar 22, 2019
Open up said antivirus and check the history (for Defender, it is under virus and threat protection on the left, the history option will be third under quick scan). If it says it did something to one or more HS2 files in that history, I do believe there is an option drop down menu that allows you to 'allow' the file that it quarantined assuming it did.
I checked and there's nothing from HS2 or Playhome for that matter. Also I'm sorry I'm troubling you with this I messaged the support guy on the discord and they aren't replying

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I checked and there's nothing from HS2 or Playhome for that matter. Also I'm sorry I'm troubling you with this I messaged the support guy on the discord and they aren't replying
It's no trouble, I just hope I CAN help. Odd, I am starting to wonder if a mod is going totally insane and doing something it was never meant to. About the only thing I have left is to try and disable mods to see if one of them is causing the issue. Maybe the mod that was designed to store a backup of a modified character card in the recycling bin. Try disabling that mod to test this out, if it isn't that one, try each of the other mods (I would also suggest keeping mods disabled until the issue stops, IF it does, so that the number of mods that could cause the issue doesn't start rising again with each mod re-enabled). To do this, go into the plugin settings and uncheck the "enabled" box for the mod or, for mods that don't have this, take their DLL out of BepInEx/Plugins.

Hypnolover69

Mar 22, 2019
It's no trouble, I just hope I CAN help. Odd, I am starting to wonder if a mod is going totally insane and doing something it was never meant to. About the only thing I have left is to try and disable mods to see if one of them is causing the issue. Maybe the mod that was designed to store a backup of a modified character card in the recycling bin. Try disabling that mod to test this out, if it isn't that one, try each of the other mods (I would also suggest keeping mods disabled until the issue stops, IF it does, so that the number of mods that could cause the issue doesn't start rising again with each mod re-enabled). To do this, go into the plugin settings and uncheck the "enabled" box for the mod or, for mods that don't have this, take their DLL out of BepInEx/Plugins.
so the issue was that I launched the game directly from 7zip instead of extracting it. I feel like a dumbass but it is what it is. thank you for being patient with me the issue is resolved now

3.80 star(s) 56 Votes