turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
I want to play HS2, but which one should I download? Large game capacity?
There is a character that I want to buy. Character name Mizuki Shiranui
Upload point link
Do you have any purchases to share? It seems to have disappeared?

Install it, download it, how to use it?

未命名.png
You can choose between the BetterRepack from ScrewThisNoise (recent version R10, the original japanese game with a lot of useful mods included, since R9 including the Steam translation english, +50 GB to download) or the Steam version.

The Steam version you have to pay, and to reach the same mod quality you have to download an extra Modpack [OPTIONAL] in full edition https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-libido-dx-r7-illusion.53457/post-8285851 (now version SB3) - also 45 GB big.

I recommend the classic BetterRepack R10 from here or direct torrent file from here (the "Sideloader Modpack Studio" you don´t need for the game only).

Reactions: Velcrofly

Pianocat

Oct 14, 2018
Flat animal pattern textures are already in the suntan options
Weirdly enough, I do not have these textures in the suntan options... Note that I don't downloaded the 70GB mod pack, but only the 44GB "Better Repack".

Also, herbmetaru has posted some Over-/Underlays here in the thread. Give it a search ;)
Precisely what I was looking for! Thanks, and thanks herbmetaru for your amazing work :)

aifootya

Jul 16, 2021
Excuse me, do you have a foot fetish? Like a lesbian licking her feet? Or the guy licking the girl's foot? More footwork?? Thank you very much?

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Excuse me, do you have a foot fetish? Like a lesbian licking her feet? Or the guy licking the girl's foot? More footwork?? Thank you very much?
I don't know, does it?
1661093599502.png
Albeit...there's not much of that stuff, but you can always look for studio scenes in the discord server that are to your liking, there may be some foot fetish stuff

Reactions: aifootya

Caesariuz

Dec 27, 2018
Kinda lost after reading the whole thread...
Im actually downloading the R10 for studio use, should I also download all the Hanmen - Next-Gen stuff or is it included on R10 ?

If so, is there a torrent grouping it all or have to download 1 by 1?

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Kinda lost after reading the whole thread...
Im actually downloading the R10 for studio use, should I also download all the Hanmen - Next-Gen stuff or is it included on R10 ?

If so, is there a torrent grouping it all or have to download 1 by 1?
The Hanmen stuff is mainly for creating characters in the game - but if you want to load a card with Hanmen textures into Studio you need these mods.
They aren´t included in BetterRepack, but you can get them easy on F95.
Look here https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-libido-dx-r7-illusion.53457/post-8748321

Reactions: Caesariuz

Pianocat

Oct 14, 2018
Speaking of Hanmen, after trying it I noticed it reduced a lot the direct shadows, on the skin. When you have the sun hitting a window, eg, you will have a very clear sun beam in the room, but the shadow casted on skin is really minimalistic...
Shadow cast in vanilla :
shadow_vanilla.jpg
Shadow cast with Hanmen skin :
shadow_hanmen.jpg

Akuma382

Jun 22, 2020
How can I access the Studio?
I am pretty confused on what to download, don't want to wasted time downloading the wrong thing and then needing the other one.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
How can I access the Studio?
I am pretty confused on what to download, don't want to wasted time downloading the wrong thing and then needing the other one.
The StudioNEO is basically included in the game.
Open InitSetting, then you can start the Studio in the upper middle.
InitSetting.jpg

But the game (=BetterRepack) doesn´t include all the Studio mods existing, therefore you have to download the "Optional Sideloader Modpack Studio" (>86GB).

To start with Studio you don´t need this modpack for now, you can download later if you get more experienced.
Here is a tutorial for Studio and there are more on Youtube.

Akuma382

Jun 22, 2020
The StudioNEO is basically included in the game.
Open InitSetting, then you can start the Studio in the upper middle.
View attachment 1997618

But the game (=BetterRepack) doesn´t include all the Studio mods existing, therefore you have to download the "Optional Sideloader Modpack Studio" (>86GB).

To start with Studio you don´t need this modpack for now, you can download later if you get more experienced.
Here is a tutorial for Studio and there are more on Youtube.
Well mine looks like this

Jan 30, 2021
Well mine looks like this
AAAHHH!!! :eek: Doesn't look like a Better Repack... you don't HAVE to but if you wanna play using "relatively" the same game files we all use, make a copy of your original game folder. Then go here and apply updates on the original until you reach R10.

As for Studio, you can access it by manually load the StudioNEOV2.exe found in your main game folder.

Caesariuz

Dec 27, 2018
The Hanmen stuff is mainly for creating characters in the game - but if you want to load a card with Hanmen textures into Studio you need these mods.
They aren´t included in BetterRepack, but you can get them easy on F95.
Look here https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-libido-dx-r7-illusion.53457/post-8748321
Thx for your help.
Im focused on creating content for external use (not in the game itself) and dont plan to load cards, but I want to achieve the best quality, so to make it clear: I dont need Hanmen/Next-Gen to achieve my goals?

Another question, with R10 decompressed, Ive found a few bracketed dirs (MODDING/OPTIONAL/UTILITY), should I pay attention to them + install/decompress?

Akuma382

Jun 22, 2020
AAAHHH!!! :eek: Doesn't look like a Better Repack... you don't HAVE to but if you wanna play using "relatively" the same game files we all use, make a copy of your original game folder. Then go here and apply updates on the original until you reach R10.

As for Studio, you can access it by manually load the StudioNEOV2.exe found in your main game folder.
I fixed it. I think my version was outdated.

Reactions: turbojoe

3 0 1 2

Mar 10, 2021
Weirdly enough, I do not have these textures in the suntan options... Note that I don't downloaded the 70GB mod pack, but only the 44GB "Better Repack".
They should be in Sideloader Modpack. Are you on R10 and have you run the mod updater?
These are the suntan mods, btw:

Reactions: Pianocat

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
Thx for your help.
Im focused on creating content for external use (not in the game itself) and dont plan to load cards, but I want to achieve the best quality, so to make it clear: I dont need Hanmen/Next-Gen to achieve my goals?
The community is split on HNG. After a while you will develop an eye for it and eventually decide for yourself whether it adds to takes away from your results. Until you reached that point, train your eye on the regular skin.

Also, please do distinguish between Hanmen's NG shader (skin) and all other shaders (mostly clothing). His clothing shaders are a must to use (most of the time).

hihikizi

Jul 22, 2022
So I guess you have done your torrent download successfully?

Are you sure you have located your game folder on top of a drive? Should look like this (picture of my old R9 install)
View attachment 1996500
Most loading errors in HS2 are caused by too long file pathes.

An extra Unity program you don´t need.
I wouldn't say successfully since there's this which I'm not sure if it has to do with any of the errors, I didn't want the sideloader so I just didn't download it and now it's like this, whenever I try to keep it running it just doesn't download anything so I assumed it's done. Beside that I also renamed the folder and stuff and it still says cannot find unityplayer.dll, I compared my files to the screenshot you had and I don't have the BepInEx_Shim_Backup I'm not sure if it's a file that's created after you do something in the game
1661152557409.png

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
I wouldn't say successfully since there's this which I'm not sure if it has to do with any of the errors, I didn't want the sideloader so I just didn't download it and now it's like this, whenever I try to keep it running it just doesn't download anything so I assumed it's done. Beside that I also renamed the folder and stuff and it still says cannot find unityplayer.dll, I compared my files to the screenshot you had and I don't have the BepInEx_Shim_Backup I'm not sure if it's a file that's created after you do something in the game
View attachment 1998318
Ok - I see: you made your install in the Downloads folder, but this isn´t on top of the drive but normally in C:\Users\yourname.........
Also you have the install in the top folder "HoneySelectxxx" and there in another subfolder "HoneySelectxxx"

If you only have one drive C:\ (better would be another drive) so pls create direct in C:\ a game folder HONEYSELECT2R10 and extract the xxxxBetterRepackxxxx into that folder without any subfolders, as you see in the screenshot I have posted you from my old R9.
The folder BepInEx_Shim_Backup you shouldn´t need, I´m thinking the game create this folder only if the game is started first time.

And as I see you have downloaded the Optional Modpack Studio, but indeed you don´t need this for the game, it´s only mods for StudioNEO - you can store this extern and install later, if you want more to work with StudioNEO.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Thx for your help.

Another question, with R10 decompressed, Ive found a few bracketed dirs (MODDING/OPTIONAL/UTILITY), should I pay attention to them + install/decompress?
What you intend you really don´t need Hanmens textures - I know some good creators who prefer skins from K1T0-K1TN ( ) for example, some are default in BetterRepack.
But as Sepheyer said the Shaders are another thing.

From OPTIONAL Mods I´m using some Plugins, like HSLipSync, Beaver, Pushup and the UIScaler, nothing else.

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 56 Votes