DerbianBologn

Jan 26, 2020
BR R10 should work perfectly out of the box.
If you had R7 running I guess you have the new game also on a optimized position (on top of a drive for shortest file pathes).
So I guess you possibly have a mod conflict? But this is hard to find.
Did you transfer mods or other datas from your old R7 into the new R10? If so, try a clean new install of R10 and let the game start as it is. If running transfer your own R7 Stuff follow this https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-libido-dx-r7-illusion.53457/post-7888002 with the linked guide from Sykosis.
Yeah. Transferred my mods (at least the ones that didn't come with BR) and savedata over from BR7. Guess I'll just have to do a clean install. Oh well.

Jul 16, 2022

DerbianBologn

Jan 26, 2020
BR R10 should work perfectly out of the box.
If you had R7 running I guess you have the new game also on a optimized position (on top of a drive for shortest file pathes).
So I guess you possibly have a mod conflict? But this is hard to find.
Did you transfer mods or other datas from your old R7 into the new R10? If so, try a clean new install of R10 and let the game start as it is. If running transfer your own R7 Stuff follow this https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-libido-dx-r7-illusion.53457/post-7888002 with the linked guide from Sykosis.
Redownloaded BR10. Didn't add any mods, the optional sideloader stuff, transfer save data, or anything. Fresh and clean. The buttons still don't work.

Edit: I fixed it somehow. Don't know how though.

Last edited:
Reactions: turbojoe

ayung051

Feb 2, 2021
I accidentally deleted the Xunity folder in my game folder:cry:, and I can't use the mod nor the language returns to default after Xunity is deleted, if anyone is willing to upload it, I will be very very grateful:giggle:

Jul 16, 2022
I accidentally deleted the Xunity folder in my game folder:cry:, and I can't use the mod nor the language returns to default after Xunity is deleted, if anyone is willing to upload it, I will be very very grateful:giggle:
you mean the folders in bepinex? if thats it i uploaded them here
anonfiles .com /U590MaAcya/xunity_rar

ayung051

Feb 2, 2021
you mean the folders in bepinex? if thats it i uploaded them here
anonfiles .com /U590MaAcya/xunity_rar
ohh thanks buddy, I've pasted the folder I downloaded, but the problem is still the same, the game language returns to Japanese and I can't open DHH mod,

misterp5

Nov 25, 2019
i can't get the mods to work. the optional sideloader unpacked after much issues and did nothing in the end.
i read you need to put it in /mods/MyMods but where does that go. how do i connect it?

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
i can't get the mods to work. the optional sideloader unpacked after much issues and did nothing in the end.
i read you need to put it in /mods/MyMods but where does that go. how do i connect it?
Mods should be working as long as its placed inside /mods folder.
I havent tried putting sideloader folder inside /mods/MyMods, but it should be okay since /MyMods are just the folder you made yourself.
Usually optional sideloader, which contains mods for studio are placed inside /mods.
So it should be looks like /mods/Sideloader - Studio.

Reactions: turbojoe

Dotu Lord

Jul 21, 2018
So I just downloaded BR R10 and this thing will not load. It's a window with a black screen when loaded through the InitSettings.exe

I thought it might just take a while since it's a big mod pack but I took a nap and TWO hours later, it's still a black screen.

Other than install it I haven't done anything with its files. Did I miss something?

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
So I just downloaded BR R10 and this thing will not load. It's a window with a black screen when loaded through the InitSettings.exe

I thought it might just take a while since it's a big mod pack but I took a nap and TWO hours later, it's still a black screen.

Other than install it I haven't done anything with its files. Did I miss something?
Two things to try which normally solve problems running the game:
1. make sure your game files are stored as high as possible in the directory.
So mine is in x:/HS2DXBR10/ where x is the drive name. The further down long paths and long directory names the more problems are caused - I don't know why that is.
2. Launch from Initsettings.exe

Do you get the same problem trying to run Studio?

Best of luck

Dotu Lord

Jul 21, 2018
Two things to try which normally solve problems running the game:
1. make sure your game files are stored as high as possible in the directory.
So mine is in x:/HS2DXBR10/ where x is the drive name. The further down long paths and long directory names the more problems are caused - I don't know why that is.
2. Launch from Initsettings.exe

Do you get the same problem trying to run Studio?

Best of luck
1. So the path it's installed to is "E:\Games\HoneySelect2DXBetterRepackR10" so I don't think that's an issue.

2. My first time launching it was through InitSettings.exe. I did run a patcher but it told me the estimated time to download and install the patches was 3 whole days for some reason, so I cancelled that after about 15 minutes to see if the timer was just wonky and it did not change, so it really would have taken 3 days. Not doing that.

4. I hadn't actually tried to run studio before now, but I did give it a go and after about 5 minutes of waiting while it also sat on a black screen I gave up. So yes, studio has the same issue.

Picture attached of what I see any time I try to run it.

Last edited:

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
1. So the path it's installed to is "E:\Games\HoneySelect2DXBetterRepackR10" so I don't think that's an issue.

2. My first time launching it was through InitSettings.exe. I did run a patcher but it told me the estimated time to download and install the patches was 3 whole days for some reason, so I cancelled that after about 15 minutes to see if the timer was just wonky and it did not change, so it really would have taken 3 days. Not doing that.

4. I hadn't actually tried to run studio before now, but I did give it a go and after about 5 minutes of waiting while it also sat on a black screen I gave up. So yes, studio has the same issue.

Picture attached of what I see any time I try to run it.
Try changing the directory to E:\HS2DXBR10\ so it's as high up as possible and as short as possible.
Depending on what else you are running, Studio can take a while to load

3.80 star(s) 56 Votes