turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
View attachment 2285066
The version I downloaded is 1.2.3 but even if I removed all the cards I have gotten this bug would still happen right after clicking play. Should I delete the winrar files that I have already extracted from the game folder?
What Velcro have meant is the version of the BetterRepack, this is actually R11. You can see this on the right lower corner of the InitSetting screen
InitSetting-R11.jpg

What you show are the normal missing mod messages: they say you that you have cards in your UserData/chara/female folder that are made with these mods but the game can´t find them in your mods folder when loading.
But this should NOT cause a crash of the game, it´s only a warning function.

The reason for crashes must be another, mostly simple install mistakes.
Let´s look what you answer to Velcros questions.

Reactions: Velcrofly

Lowki_21

Mar 4, 2022
What Velcro have meant is the version of the BetterRepack, this is actually R11. You can see this on the right lower corner of the InitSetting screen
View attachment 2285136

What you show are the normal missing mod messages: they say you that you have cards in your UserData/chara/female folder that are made with these mods but the game can´t find them in your mods folder when loading.
But this should NOT cause a crash of the game, it´s only a warning function.

The reason for crashes must be another, mostly simple install mistakes.
Let´s look what you answer to Velcros questions.
Ahh yes my bad, it's also R11.

Lowki_21

Mar 4, 2022
Current version of the Better Repack is V11 so I'm not sure what 1.2.3 refers to.
Where did you download it from and in what format? (split files or Torrent)
Has it ever worked or is this the first time trying to run it?
I downloaded it from f95 as well, the all in one pack. It was a 169GB file using utorrent.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
View attachment 2285066
The version I downloaded is 1.2.3 but even if I removed all the cards I have gotten this bug would still happen right after clicking play. Should I delete the winrar files that I have already extracted from the game folder?
Ok - as I found most mods of your screenshot are part of the BetterRepack, but maybe another version. So the mods aren´t really "missing", but the difference between the mod version saved on the character card and the mod version in your mod folders are wrongly interpreted by the game.
More about this pproblem you can find here https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r11-illusion.53457/post-7886850

Lowki_21

Mar 4, 2022
I downloaded it from f95 as well, the all in one pack. It was a 169GB file using utorrent.
Ok - as I found most mods of your screenshot are part of the BetterRepack, but maybe another version. So the mods aren´t really "missing", but the difference between the mod version saved on the character card and the mod version in your mod folders are wrongly interpreted by the game.
More about this pproblem you can find here https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r11-illusion.53457/post-7886850
I tried removing all my downloaded mods and it still crashed nonetheless :(

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
I tried removing all my downloaded mods and it still crashed nonetheless :(
Torrent is fine (easier to handle), so you should have 2 files: BetterRepack ~ 55GB and Optional Sideloder Modpack Studio ~ 115 GB.
First you should know that this Modpack Studio is ONLY to use with StudioNEO and NOT for the game.
The game and a lot of recent mods are in BetterRepack. You can leave this Modpack Studio alone for now and only install the BetterRepack.

So best is a new install:
extract the BetterRepack.7z (best is via 7-Zip) to a game folder on top of a drive as Velcro recommended, for example D:/HS2-R11 (if possible NOT C:/ to avoid access conflicts with your operating system).
Afterthen start InitSetting.exe, make your settings (resolution, normally "Enable GraphicsMod") and launch the game.
If all is running fine then you can copy your own character cards (if you have) into UserData/chara/female.
If you have extra mods (.zipmod files) from otherwhere store them in mods/MyMods.

Lowki_21

Mar 4, 2022
Torrent is fine (easier to handle), so you should have 2 files: BetterRepack ~ 55GB and Optional Sideloder Modpack Studio ~ 115 GB.
First you should know that this Modpack Studio is ONLY to use with StudioNEO and NOT for the game.
The game and a lot of recent mods are in BetterRepack. You can leave this Modpack Studio alone for now and only install the BetterRepack.

extract the BetterRepack.7z (best is via 7-Zip) to a game folder on top of a drive as Velcro recommended, for example D:/HS2-R11 (if possible NOT C:/ to avoid access conflicts with your operating system).
Afterthen start InitSetting.exe, make your settings (resolution, normally "Enable GraphicsMod") and launch the game.
If all is running fine then you can copy your own character cards (if you have) into UserData/chara/female.
If you have extra mods (.zipmod files) from otherwhere store them in mods/MyMods.
Ohh ok I see now, thanks so much to the both of you!

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022

Hi !

Regarding this issue:

I have had this event in the past, my game crashed when I pretend to start it, I mean, they load apparently good, in the screen where you choose from making a card or play the game, the voice of the girl sounds ("ilusion! ") and the music running in backgroun, but when it started, say character making, when Hatano Miwa appears, at the first eye blink and the game freezes, or simply crashes. I erased all and start again over, game running good, so what was the problem?

It was actually a bunch of sitations, first that Turbojoe says: Long names aren't good for the game, so I decided to put in a simple, instead "Ilusion honey select dx game" I used "HS2".

Second I installed all optional mods coming with te repack, bad idea, mostly of them are outdated, so I start looking what I need, go straight to the source and get them, VNGE, MMDD, clip plane, videoexport, etc. Some mods crashed my game despiste I have the latest, boob control and antialising for example. Hanmen crashed my game when I get the zipmods from KKmanager, so I made my own set, trail and error, same with Hooh assets, if you miss one simple file, or one of them are oudated, the whole thing is crap.

Third, hard drive crashed when I updated BR from 9 to 10 and 10 from 11, I used the *.exe coming in the page:

The file is ok, the proble came for the huge amount of mods I had. so the best thing I made was download all the game and made a fresh start from zero, and repeat all, install mods, etc. I used Torrent file.

And last, but no less. I changed my game to another drive different from the root, my system runs in C.\, my game does in D:\, both are SSD. because Studio neo use write in disc when loads, also use compression of textures or something and the usage of C:\ always went near 100%, with my new set, the C:\ driver are less used.
The cards and Scenes has to be the less you can have, for example, If I going to make a VNGE, first I Choose from my whole colection of card the ones I going to use, I mean a "cast of characters", once choose them, I put them directly on chara/female or chara/male I have over 3000 cards and over 7GB. that makes the game more slow to load, so only use the ones I am going to use in that moment.

Hope you find useful this. Have a nice day!

Last edited:

shadowbane456

Dec 2, 2018
Is it possible to access and edit the various sex position animations in the main game? I have been asking for awhile now about how to keep the girls eyes open at all times during those animations and, at least for me, the two "blink" adjustments don't work. I am convinced that the eye movements in any animations were programed to open and close when the animations were created. I do realize that most people only deal with the studio end of this game, but it would be nice to know if this can be done.

Reactions: bigcover22

Charona

Jan 14, 2020
Is it possible to access and edit the various sex position animations in the main game? I have been asking for awhile now about how to keep the girls eyes open at all times during those animations and, at least for me, the two "blink" adjustments don't work. I am convinced that the eye movements in any animations were programed to open and close when the animations were created. I do realize that most people only deal with the studio end of this game, but it would be nice to know if this can be done.
Press N or Shift + N (or M, not remember).

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Hi !

Regarding this issue:

I have had this event in the past, my game crashed when I pretend to start it, I mean, they load apparently good, in the screen where you choose from making a card or play the game, the voice of the girl sounds ("ilusion! ") and the music running in backgroun, but when it started, say character making, when Hatano Miwa appears, at the first eye blink and the game freezes, or simply crashes. I erased all and start again over, game running good, so what was the problem?

It was actually a bunch of sitations, first that Turbojoe says: Long names aren't good for the game, so I decided to put in a simple, instead "Ilusion honey select dx game" I used "HS2".

Second I installed all optional mods coming with te repack, bad idea, mostly of them are outdated, so I start looking what I need, go straight to the source and get them, VNGE, MMDD, clip plane, videoexport, etc. Some mods crashed my game despiste I have the latest, boob control and antialising for example. Hanmen crashed my game when I get the zipmods from KKmanager, so I made my own set, trail and error, same with Hooh assets, if you miss one simple file, or one of them are oudated, the whole thing is crap.

Third, hard drive crashed when I updated BR from 9 to 10 and 10 from 11, I used the *.exe coming in the page:

The file is ok, the proble came for the huge amount of mods I had. so the best thing I made was download all the game and made a fresh start from zero, and repeat all, install mods, etc. I used Torrent file.

And last, but no less. I changed my game to another drive different from the root, my system runs in C.\, my game does in D:\, both are SSD. because Studio neo use write in disc when loads, also use compression of textures or something and the usage of C:\ always went near 100%, with my new set, the C:\ driver are less used.
The cards and Scenes has to be the less you can have, for example, If I going to make a VNGE, first I Choose from my whole colection of card the ones I going to use, I mean a "cast of characters", once choose them, I put them directly on chara/female or chara/male I have over 3000 cards and over 7GB. that makes the game more slow to load, so only use the ones I am going to use in that moment.

Hope you find useful this. Have a nice day!
Thanks for sharing your experiences with issues I furtunately never had.

As you mentioned the update files: many people have troubles with these, especially if they try to update over several versions (e.g R7 to R10) in the single steps.
So I always recommend for every new Repack version a full new download and clean new install - if the new version is running I transfer my personal stuff from the old game to the new one (UserData, MyMods and some mods of the Optional folder) and I keep the old game as Backup so long until I´m sure the new version is running perfect.

And not to forget running Sideloader update periodically.

By the way: if you makiing have sex with all 3000 girls your Player is ready for the hospital (or nuthouse) :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Kaseijin

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021

As you mentioned the update files: many people have troubles with these, especially if they try to update over several versions (e.g R7 to R10) in the single steps.
So I always recommend for every new Repack version a full new download and clean new install - if the new version is running I transfer my personal stuff from the old game to the new one (UserData, MyMods and some mods of the Optional folder) and I keep the old game as Backup so long until I´m sure the new version is running perfect.

And not to forget running Sideloader update periodically.

By the way: if you makiing have sex with all 3000 girls your Player is ready for the hospital (or nuthouse) :ROFLMAO:
That prompted me to check how many I have. 4795 in my females folder! That's not including a load I have moved out for performance reasons - really should do that more often!

Last edited:

solomen

Jun 25, 2017
When I try to select a girl nothing happens. It shows that I clicked but no response pops up. Is there a fix to this?

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022

Every day I use one or two :p
I have it sorted by ages, artist and purpose ;)
Daggoth, Phatos, Mr 69, Sykosis, Tretete, BarbierdeSeville, along with others are my usual regular costumers:p:sneaky:
And the list keeps increasing :devilish::whistle:

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
Every day I use one or two :p
I have it sorted by ages, artist and purpose ;)
Daggoth, Phatos, Mr 69, Sykosis, Tretete, BarbierdeSeville, along with others are my usual regular costumers:p:sneaky:
And the list keeps increasing :devilish::whistle:
Wow. That sounds seriously organised.
I have some originals saved by artist, then once I adjust them or create new ones I save them into groups like Music, Film, DC, Marvel, DOA, etc
I don't recognise Phatos from that list of artists so I suspect I need to do some research. Ignore - suspect that's a typo of Pathos

• Hey there
Reactions: Kaseijin

tornasunder

Jun 13, 2017
I lost all of my cards and mods whenever I upgraded my computer a few months ago, so I guess it's time to start recollecting everything from scratch.

Out of curiosity, does anybody prefer AI Girl to HS2? I think I used AI Girl last time but I didn't even play the story, I literally just installed it to have access to the NEOStudio for posing and animating and stuff. I just used AI Girl for the character creator, to save and edit character cards. But I remember occasionally coming across character cards and mods clearly designed for HS2 because it wouldn't always work in AI Girl. Sometimes it was fine, others times it was not. For example, sjjpl's Patreon page says that they create hair and clothing mods for HS2 but their mods worked just fine with AI Girl's character creator as well.

I'm thinking of just trying HS2 this time, since I only bother with the character creator and NEOStudio. Seems like more people are still creating mods in favor of it than AI Girl. I just installed AI Girl last time because I had assumed it would have better graphics and features but the differences seem negligible for what I am doing.

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
Wow. That sounds seriously organised.
I have some originals saved by artist, then once I adjust them or create new ones I save them into groups like Music, Film, DC, Marvel, DOA, etc
I don't recognise Phatos from that list of artists so I suspect I need to do some research. Ignore - suspect that's a typo of Pathos
It was a typo xD

Reactions: Velcrofly

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
I lost all of my cards and mods whenever I upgraded my computer a few months ago, so I guess it's time to start recollecting everything from scratch.

Out of curiosity, does anybody prefer AI Girl to HS2? I think I used AI Girl last time but I didn't even play the story, I literally just installed it to have access to the NEOStudio for posing and animating and stuff. I just used AI Girl for the character creator, to save and edit character cards. But I remember occasionally coming across character cards and mods clearly designed for HS2 because it wouldn't always work in AI Girl. Sometimes it was fine, others times it was not. For example, sjjpl's Patreon page says that they create hair and clothing mods for HS2 but their mods worked just fine with AI Girl's character creator as well.

I'm thinking of just trying HS2 this time, since I only bother with the character creator and NEOStudio. Seems like more people are still creating mods in favor of it than AI Girl. I just installed AI Girl last time because I had assumed it would have better graphics and features but the differences seem negligible for what I am doing.
Ok - I guess you´re informed about the different game characters.
In HS2 you have no really story to follow, main goal is creating (or collecting) nice girls and have sex with them, or you go deeper into StudioNEO to create your own scenes and even henati stories.

3 0 1 2

Mar 10, 2021
As you've noticed, while 90% of the mods work for both games,some are only developed with HS2 in mind and never tested for AIS. If you have no interest in the story/survival mode there is no reason to go back to AIS.

Also, since HS2 is less of a game, it's easier to the give the girls a well rounded personality and 'take them for a spin' , if you want to interact with them quickly. And since your actions will influence their mood your relationship with them, you can still have a bit of a Dating Sim experience.

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 56 Votes