turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
guys i need help..i downloaded better repack 11 extracted it...and when i start i get black screen? only the cursor changes and thats it :/
Most reason for black screen is a bad install.
As Hardcore said may caused by a download corruption (but then you have to get error messages while extracting) or you didn´t place the game folder not on top of a drive (should NOT be C:/) and therefore too long file pathes.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Anybody know how to fix this? Kind of a minor problem but it's a little annoying. I got a new computer and copied my whole HS2 folder over to the new PC. The game runs fine it's just before, everything in Japanese text used to get translated to English and now it's not. Help?
If MrBeasties advise doesn´t help: better make a new install and when it´s running fine afterthen transfer your personal stuff (MyMods, UserData...) to the new installation.

BTW: what game version do you have? Maybe it´s a good opportunity to change to the newest one R11.

Reactions: BNDFHJeje

BNDFHJeje

Jul 15, 2018
I'm assuming you had the BetterRepack version, since you have translations. You can see the plugin settings by going to the settings icon (gear on the left side) and then clicking the lowest tab in the list (Plugin settings). Then, you can start by cleaning the translation cache (look for Translation Cache Cleaner and find the assigned key combination, which is defaulted to LeftShift+F6, I think). Exit the settings and press that key combination.

Then, go back into the plugin settings, find Translation Helper and make sure everything is enabled.

Lastly, make sure Honey Select 2 is not blocked from internet access by your firewall. It uses a web service to get translations.
Good luck.
OK! I found the problem thanks to your help. I remember I had blocked Studio Neo from internet access and so that was the issue for the translation. Thanks again!

BNDFHJeje

Jul 15, 2018
If MrBeasties advise doesn´t help: better make a new install and when it´s running fine afterthen transfer your personal stuff (MyMods, UserData...) to the new installation.

BTW: what game version do you have? Maybe it´s a good opportunity to change to the newest one R11.
I'm sticking with r8 as my main copy because for some reason it just looks better in some places. I've compared screen shots from r8 and r11 and there is a slight difference. I don't know why lol. I will also be installing a separate version of r11 and that will have vnge.

Reactions: turbojoe

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
I'm sticking with r8 as my main copy because for some reason it just looks better in some places. I've compared screen shots from r8 and r11 and there is a slight difference. I don't know why lol. I will also be installing a separate version of r11 and that will have vnge.
The right decision - R8 is quite a bit outdated anyway.

I´m always changing to the newest version (not upgrading, always a new download/install) since I started with R4, but never noticed a significant change of the graphic quality.
Most depending on the chosen resolution and the graphic settings.
It is said that DHH is a little bit better, but I always using GraphicsMod, cuz more cards using SSS.

And pls note that some creators are reworking their pictures with Photoshop or similar ;)

Last edited:

redbull1122

Feb 5, 2018
The issue is that you put it in the wrong path. Assuming it's a zipmod, which all the additonal maps I've seen have been, it goes in the mods folder off your main directory (e.g. D:\HoneySelect2\mods).

Also, because of how you phrased it, I want to be sure I answer something else. You don't pick it during a sexual encounter (choosing an HScene, meaning a sexual position). You can get there from the Meeting Room, or by leaving your room and exploring (I forget the option name, but it's a choice after Leave Room from your bedroom). When doing the deed, you are stuck in your current map until you choose to end the encounter. Hscene friendly just means that the modder has included places in the map for certain, well... activities to occur.

thank you and turbojoe (and all other question answerers)

i think i was a little confused in my terminology.

yeah i was looking at using some more unique maps in the meeting room or exploring. might have to learn how to do that myself haha. Scene stuff is super complicated, so not sure thats for me yet

Last edited:

ciataip

Dec 7, 2022
Most reason for black screen is a bad install.
As Hardcore said may caused by a download corruption (but then you have to get error messages while extracting) or you didn´t place the game folder not on top of a drive (should NOT be C:/) and therefore too long file pathes.
yeah its true,i had error messages while extracting.but how do i fix this? i downloaded better repack 11.i got no errors while downloading,nothing but when i extract it always shows error.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
yeah its true,i had error messages while extracting.but how do i fix this? i downloaded better repack 11.i got no errors while downloading,nothing but when i extract it always shows error.
Torrent or splitted packs?

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
Relatively new to HS2 and just getting accustomed. Are there any celebrity cards floating around?
Thousands.
Six pages worth on Bepis DB for starters

Have a trawl through Kenzato Booru as well
Plenty of people create them. Perseusstoned does a lot. Often they are paid Patreon content but someone recently posted a link to some of them in teh Cards Sharing thread here.

BarbierDeSeville on Kenzato Booru is worth checking out. There are plenty of other artists.

Plenty here in the Card Sharing thread
https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-ai-girl-and-honey-select-2-card-sharing-thread.44248/
It is obviously more than just celebs, but quite a few in there and worth trawling through all the pages

Page one here contains an excellent Jennifer connelly card which is alos on Kenzato Booru

If you can't find one you want, you can ask on the Card Request thread. Better still, try making your own. It takes a while to get the hang of it but that's what I've done. I tend to focus on singers where I want a card and one doesn't exist.

Enjoy

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
torrent,one file.
Hmm. That is my recommended route as it normally saves problems. What extraction tool did you use after that?
I have found a few that give problems but 7-Zip works well.
Also make sure you place the files as high up in directory as possible with as short a name as possible e.g. mine is D:\STNHS2DX11\ showing it's the Screw This Noise pack, which game it is and it's version 11.

ciataip

Dec 7, 2022
Hmm. That is my recommended route as it normally saves problems. What extraction tool did you use after that?
I have found a few that give problems but 7-Zip works well.
Also make sure you place the files as high up in directory as possible with as short a name as possible e.g. mine is D:\STNHS2DX11\ showing it's the Screw This Noise pack, which game it is and it's version 11.
i use winrar..so you think i should try with 7 zip?but the thing is,i dowloaded hs unlimited and i also got errors while extracting,but it still worked fine,the game ran okay,so i wanted to try hs 2 it got errors while extracting,but i thought fuck it it probably will work also,but it didnt :/.

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
i use winrar..so you think i should try with 7 zip?but the thing is,i dowloaded hs unlimited and i also got errors while extracting,but it still worked fine,the game ran okay,so i wanted to try hs 2 it got errors while extracting,but i thought fuck it it probably will work also,but it didnt :/.
I tried with winrar and winzip and another and each had errors. 7-zip was the one that worked for me and does each time so I stick with it. No idea why the others had problems.
Hope you get it working.

c00lb3ans

Aug 21, 2018
Is there something else you need to do on Linux? I did the winhttp thingy through winecfg for the translation, but the dicks have mosaic and the girls have no genital textures at all.

Edit: Nevermind. Adding the .exe to Lutris somehow must've done something to load everything properly and it is now decensored, loading with all the modded content & running with more FPS as well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In "…/UserData/coordinate/" I also had to move all those ??? image files out of the male / female folder and into a sub folder, otherwise the game would constantly white screen after room selection, throwing errors in the log file. Does that remove costumes if I do that? Is it a font issue or something? Should they have Japanese file names maybe?
What do you use for the executable path, working directory and wine prefix directory in the game config? I have tried everything I could find - setting winhttp override in runner configuration, setting it in winecfg and setting it in the registry editor. Nothing has worked for me so far.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
ok man thanks i try with 7zip.
I´m using 7-Zip since ever and had never extracting troubles with the BR torrent file.
According to Velcro here is the file size of my R11 download to compare with yours
TorrentR11-File.jpg

It´s very unusual that torrent download is leading to file corruption, but if it´s so the only way is to download again.

Somedorkhasmyname

Dec 14, 2022
Thousands.
Six pages worth on Bepis DB for starters

Have a trawl through Kenzato Booru as well
Plenty of people create them. Perseusstoned does a lot. Often they are paid Patreon content but someone recently posted a link to some of them in teh Cards Sharing thread here.

BarbierDeSeville on Kenzato Booru is worth checking out. There are plenty of other artists.

Plenty here in the Card Sharing thread
https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-ai-girl-and-honey-select-2-card-sharing-thread.44248/
It is obviously more than just celebs, but quite a few in there and worth trawling through all the pages

Page one here contains an excellent Jennifer connelly card which is alos on Kenzato Booru

If you can't find one you want, you can ask on the Card Request thread. Better still, try making your own. It takes a while to get the hang of it but that's what I've done. I tend to focus on singers where I want a card and one doesn't exist.

Enjoy
Thanking you very muchly!

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Last I checked in Google Drive, there are 16 files to download. Here, there are 15. What happened to the 16th file, guys?
BetterRepack R11 is 16 files from google and MEGA
SplittedListMegaR11.jpg

The links here on page 1 leading to sites where the single files are a bit bigger.

I always use the official site of ScrewThisNoise

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 56 Votes