HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Hello everyone!

Concernin install HS2 BR12:
In the past in previous updates (I've been using HS2 since BR8) I've always run into issues, and today I'm afraid the same thing will happen. This is what has happened to me:
The Hooh items, in each update it happens to me that I lose items in the studio, amputated dicks, or lack texture, even if I have zipmods and dlls it is a tortuous path to make them work.

Custom faces or heads. There are cards with exclusive mods, which come with files that must be placed in the localdrive/HS2/abdata/list folder, if I remember correctly, and in a full installation although you can select the option to keep said files, it results in loss of faces, shapes, etc. and you have to download those cards again (I have lost many good cards like this, for example: after trying to look for them again the Mega links are down).

Plugins, kk manager and such things.
In a case where I had a problem with one or several obsolete plugins that came in a repack (I don't remember which one) the most obvious suggestion was to update them via kk Manager but the program didn't do it, so I had to go directly to the source ( Github page from illusion mods , ManlyMarco, DeathWeasel1337, bb bepis, GeBo1, kkykkykky, Spock Bauru, etc.) I remember that when updating an essential plugin, the game didn't load anymore, it crashed, so I had to look for answers on discord and other sources , I had outdated Bepinex, so I went to each and every one of the pages of each plugin to download the updated file, a work of titans but I was finally able to make the game work, updated and without errors, for example, I was using the obsolete graphic mode plugin, cubemaps or lensdirty did not work for me until I manually updated it.

Should I backup those folders (Abdata, Bepinex, etc) and after a full HS2 BR12 cut and paste atop the new ones? it will be errors, crashes or worse? it worth BR12 Over BR11? What's new on BR12 that is a must to have?

Please enlight me on this descicive step to a new update.
I don't know what to tell you, honestly, but I can say for sure that updating from BR9 to BR11 broke all penetration animations for me and the fix was to select the things which are supposed to collide in workspace, press the "item" button then press the "collide with selected" or whatever. That fixed it 100% but I had to go thru all my scenes and all my collision objects.

I don't know about any other issues you may encounter

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Hello everyone!

Concernin install HS2 BR12:
In the past in previous updates (I've been using HS2 since BR8) I've always run into issues, and today I'm afraid the same thing will happen. This is what has happened to me:
The Hooh items, in each update it happens to me that I lose items in the studio, amputated dicks, or lack texture, even if I have zipmods and dlls it is a tortuous path to make them work.

Custom faces or heads. There are cards with exclusive mods, which come with files that must be placed in the localdrive/HS2/abdata/list folder, if I remember correctly, and in a full installation although you can select the option to keep said files, it results in loss of faces, shapes, etc. and you have to download those cards again (I have lost many good cards like this, for example: after trying to look for them again the Mega links are down).

Plugins, kk manager and such things.
In a case where I had a problem with one or several obsolete plugins that came in a repack (I don't remember which one) the most obvious suggestion was to update them via kk Manager but the program didn't do it, so I had to go directly to the source ( Github page from illusion mods , ManlyMarco, DeathWeasel1337, bb bepis, GeBo1, kkykkykky, Spock Bauru, etc.) I remember that when updating an essential plugin, the game didn't load anymore, it crashed, so I had to look for answers on discord and other sources , I had outdated Bepinex, so I went to each and every one of the pages of each plugin to download the updated file, a work of titans but I was finally able to make the game work, updated and without errors, for example, I was using the obsolete graphic mode plugin, cubemaps or lensdirty did not work for me until I manually updated it.

Should I backup those folders (Abdata, Bepinex, etc) and after a full HS2 BR12 cut and paste atop the new ones? it will be errors, crashes or worse? it worth BR12 Over BR11? What's new on BR12 that is a must to have?

Please enlight me on this descicive step to a new update.
As u say - install and get running a new version install is the easy thing, but transfer all your personal stuff from previous version without any glitches is the harder one ;)

You asked for the Changelog

Belonging mods as abdata files: if you extract a zipmod it´s mostly existing of an abdata file and a manifest.xml - so it should exist a way to create a zipmod from an abdata mod, so you can store it into MyMods and keep it there for the next version.
Another way is to backup all these non zipmod mods and extra plugins into an extra folder and save them there for the next BR version (so do I).

Reactions: Kaseijin

wilkwild6896

Jan 6, 2022
i don't know if its been posted already or not but part 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 and 19 of the Optional Sideloader Modpack split download is down on Gofile

ruichen

May 30, 2017
Hye this may be a dumb question but the gmaeis now in japanese, i tried reinstalling but it remains in jpanaese

Last edited:

TREPAN85

Nov 28, 2021
Hello guys! Tell me, please, how to make the face motionless in the game? In the editor, the face is motionless, but not in the game itself. How to make the girl not talk and the ballgag was all the time in place. cat2.png cat1.jpg

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
As u say - install and get running a new version install is the easy thing, but transfer all your personal stuff from previous version without any glitches is the harder one ;)

You asked for the Changelog

Belonging mods as abdata files: if you extract a zipmod it´s mostly existing of an abdata file and a manifest.xml - so it should exist a way to create a zipmod from an abdata mod, so you can store it into MyMods and keep it there for the next version.
Another way is to backup all these non zipmod mods and extra plugins into an extra folder and save them there for the next BR version (so do I).
Thank you Turbo!!:)
this time I gonna try this out:

I've copy all the entire game folder in another drive, so if something goes wrong, backup and start over getting the full package.
The only thing I can lose is time, i guess.
I'll keep you informed. ;)

Reactions: turbojoe

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Thank you Turbo!!:)
this time I gonna try this out:

I've copy all the entire game folder in another drive, so if something goes wrong, backup and start over getting the full package.
The only thing I can lose is time, i guess.
I'll keep you informed. ;)
Upgrading for only 1 version step may work, but mostly the upgrade way is leading into troubles (as I heard, I never did this).

I prefer always completly new download and install and keep my old version as backup as long til new game is running well.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Kaseijin

dro4er321

Apr 4, 2021
If im planning on using only the studio and dont care about the main game, what should i download? Can i cut something so it takes less space? Kinda tight on disc space atm.

sense6969

Feb 27, 2019
I remember awhile back in June I believe there was an issue with the nvidia 30 series cards getting terrible single digit fps during scenes. Only during scenes, playing around in menus was fine. STN themselves acknowledged this, has there been any updates on this issue?

sense6969

Feb 27, 2019
I remember awhile back in June I believe there was an issue with the nvidia 30 series cards getting terrible single digit fps during scenes. Only during scenes, playing around in menus was fine. STN themselves acknowledged this, has there been any updates on this issue?
Issue still exists. Fresh install of R12. 120+fps while in menus, drops to 30 when a character is on screen and drops to below 15 during scenes. Disabling shadows entirely brings the fps to 30-40, though with the obvious downside of the characters now looking like plastic. 3080ti, updated drivers.

Attached is a screenshot of the bepinex window that I noticed had some red errors. I have no idea if this would be helpful with troubleshooting at all, I'm not very software savvy.

Untitled.png

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
If im planning on using only the studio and dont care about the main game, what should i download? Can i cut something so it takes less space? Kinda tight on disc space atm.
You don't necessarily need to download the optional studio extras pack which is very large. Studio will still work. You could then just download items you want. I tend to download the whole thing after initially downloading & getting the main game up & running each version. But I probably use very little of it.
I store & run my game on an SDCX card. The game runs perfectly well and 1Tb of space means I don't have to worry (yet) about which items I can and can't afford to download.
The amount of space you will need won't be just for the game. It will be for all the character cards, mods, coordinates & scenes.
In my view it's very much worth it.

Reactions: turbojoe

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Issue still exists. Fresh install of R12. 120+fps while in menus, drops to 30 when a character is on screen and drops to below 15 during scenes. Disabling shadows entirely brings the fps to 30-40, though with the obvious downside of the characters now looking like plastic. 3080ti, updated drivers.

Attached is a screenshot of the bepinex window that I noticed had some red errors. I have no idea if this would be helpful with troubleshooting at all, I'm not very software savvy.

View attachment 2460364
Read this https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r11-illusion.53457/post-9875492

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
In addition to Velcro in my opinion you need the BetterRepack (game), there is the base version of Studio included. I don´t think the Studio is running without the other game folders.
And because characters and coordinates are imported from the game you even can´t delete all the game mods (Sideloader Modpacks).

hwold

Nov 9, 2019
I had HS2 unlimited with Better Repack R4. I just installed HS2 DX with Better Repack 11. If I copy my cards from R4 to R11, the cards don’t appear in the characters list for R11. Any idea ?

LAziJas

Jan 16, 2023
Hello i opened initsettings and choose english as the language but after launching the game, it is still in japanese, how do i fix this?

3.80 star(s) 56 Votes