Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Does anyone know if there's a way to equip additional gloves? For example I'm trying to make my char have longer nails + wear a glove but my game's only allowing me to select one.
You can if you set the glove as clothing and the nails as an accessory.

Nails.png

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Would you know if there's a way to convert a glove to an accessory? Unfortunately for me, unfortunately for me, I do have nails in the accessory section but pref the one I have in the glove
It's not just a conversion of an item. You would need to deconstruct the the gloves (mod?) and use those files to make another mod that is used in the hand slot of the accessories tab. Otherwise it's one or the other. Maybe even do it for both of them to swap places so to speak. This isn't a very well structured game to begin with. For one, it uses unity and in my opinion was never designed for mods in the first place.

I guess you could look for a tutorial on how to do it somewhere but it has never been worth the effort for me so I won't be any help on that front. Or look for different nail/glove accessories and find one that is more to your taste.

rainingdayss

Aug 21, 2022
It's not just a conversion of an item. You would need to deconstruct the the gloves (mod?) and use those files to make another mod that is used in the hand slot of the accessories tab. Otherwise it's one or the other. Maybe even do it for both of them to swap places so to speak. This isn't a very well structured game to begin with. For one, it uses unity and in my opinion was never designed for mods in the first place.

I guess you could look for a tutorial on how to do it somewhere but it has never been worth the effort for me so I won't be any help on that front. Or look for different nail/glove accessories and find one that is more to your taste.
Ah okay nw, also I wanted to ask since I downloaded honey select 2 as R7 a long time ago and apparently now it's R12 on with more mods/clothes and unsure if I must download the entire game as R12 or there's a way to just download the new mods?

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Ah okay nw, also I wanted to ask since I downloaded honey select 2 as R7 a long time ago and apparently now it's R12 on with more mods/clothes and unsure if I must download the entire game as R12 or there's a way to just download the new mods?
There is an update option as part of the init settings but every time I've used it something has gone wrong. Maybe I'm just unlucky but if it were me I would just get the new R12 and be done with it. That's what I did after finally getting the new one. It's your call just be sure to backup anything you want to keep from your userdata file.

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
As Skelton said, sometimes updating might give you some issue that you might not realize exist until it was late.
But if you still want to do it, here you go the .
You need to run the 7 patch spanning from beginning 2021 to 2023.
IMO, its better to get the new pack. Just download the main game, you dont need to redownload the optional studio mods.

rainingdayss

Aug 21, 2022
As Skelton said, sometimes updating might give you some issue that you might not realize exist until it was late.
But if you still want to do it, here you go the .
You need to run the 7 patch spanning from beginning 2021 to 2023.
IMO, its better to get the new pack. Just download the main game, you dont need to redownload the optional studio mods.
I was actually already redownloading the whole thing since yeah, 4-5 hour download though T..T The "[ScrewThisNoise] HoneySelect 2 DX BetterRepack R12" from the torrent is it all in 1 but w/o a zip file right? Also am I fine to edit chars in the R7 and just place their char cards in the new R12?
1686551591083.png

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
I was actually already redownloading the whole thing since yeah, 4-5 hour download though T..T The "[ScrewThisNoise] HoneySelect 2 DX BetterRepack R12" from the torrent is it all in 1 but w/o a zip file right? Also am I fine to edit chars in the R7 and just place their char cards in the new R12?
View attachment 2691724
Yes,you dont need to download the Optional Mods.
You can just download/complete it using KKManager.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As for the chara, thats perfectly fine. Just make sure all the clothing mods are still exist in your new client and do a re-check to your cards.
Everything in UserData doesnt affected with your client version as long as you have the mods.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
To add Skeltom and Noelle you should know that at this big version gap from R7 to R12 there are some main mods (like BepInEx) heavily updated, so newer mods may have issues with your old R7.
So you did the right decision to make a clean new install. And torrent is the easiest way for that.
Keep your old R7 as Backup until your R12 is running fine.

First run the R12 out of the box to test it´s starting well.
Afterthen you can transfer your personal stuff (complete UserData, MyMods) to the new game.
Don´t forget if you were using some mods from Optional Mods - you have to install new.

Btw you also can find Nails in Pantyhose
Nails-Pantyhose.png

rainingdayss

Aug 21, 2022
To add Skeltom and Noelle you should know that at this big version gap from R7 to R12 there are some main mods (like BepInEx) heavily updated, so newer mods may have issues with your old R7.
So you did the right decision to make a clean new install. And torrent is the easiest way for that.
Keep your old R7 as Backup until your R12 is running fine.

First run the R12 out of the box to test it´s starting well.
Afterthen you can transfer your personal stuff (complete UserData, MyMods) to the new game.
Don´t forget if you were using some mods from Optional Mods - you have to install new.

Btw you also can find Nails in Pantyhose
View attachment 2692007
Ah okay, Is it completely fine to just simply copy and paste my userdata from the old r7 folder to the new r12 one?

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Ah okay, Is it completely fine to just simply copy and paste my userdata from the old r7 folder to the new r12 one?
So far u´re not interested into the common cards and coordinates of the Repack it´s recommended to delete the whole UserData folder and then copy/paste your own (so as I always doing).

rainingdayss

Aug 21, 2022
So far u´re not interested into the common cards and coordinates of the Repack it´s recommended to delete the whole UserData folder and then copy/paste your own (so as I always doing).
Yeah I'm only interested in stuff like clothes/poses/backgrounds/stuff for making scenes, I didn't really care for the premade characters/custom chars if that's what you're referring to.

AinsSakamoto

Nov 27, 2020
So, Im now getting myself familiar with the base game (no mods). I wanted to download some cards but ran into a problem. A lot of cards use mods and there are no hints about what mods they are using. Is there a way to find out what mods I need? And on that note is there a guide about modding the game, aaka how to install mods? Didnt find anything myself yet

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
So, Im now getting myself familiar with the base game (no mods). I wanted to download some cards but ran into a problem. A lot of cards use mods and there are no hints about what mods they are using. Is there a way to find out what mods I need? And on that note is there a guide about modding the game, aaka how to install mods? Didnt find anything myself yet
I assume you didn't get it from here because otherwise it would be modded already. If you do have a base "clean" copy of the game you can start here. Though I'm not sure why you would.

A lot of the cards are going to use mods that are already included in the repack. I don't think you can see what mods your missing with another mod to display that so it is an uphill battle on it's own.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Hmmm.......I´m a little confused about your question, cuz I linked you a complete overview https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r11-illusion.53457/post-10977057 what´s going on here on HS2 and how to get the full stuff. Not to forget the answers of Noelle.

So why did you try the base game only despite of this recommendation (or didn´t even read my guide?)?
Sry to say no wonder that you failed.

So once again: if you want to get happy with this game you get to download the BetterRepack R12 (the base game including a lot of common mods) from here .
Most fail save way is torrent download - much easier to extract than splitted packs from MEGA or Google.
The torrent file you can directly get here
Pls note that you don´t download the Optional Sideloader Modpack Studio if you only want to play the game. This 150 GB package is only for use with StudioNEO and NOT for the game.
TorrentR12-List.jpg
You can deselect this option before starting the torrent download.

Important for well running game is a short named main folder on top of a drive (for shortest file pathes) and avoid C:\ (game may conflict with operating system), e.g. D:\HS2.
Therein you extract your download file best with 7-Zip.

Last edited:
Reactions: AinsSakamoto

rainingdayss

Aug 21, 2022
So I successfully downloaded the R12 torrent and extracted all to a folder and seemed to work fine... but upon launching the R12, can hear the music and get past illusion titlecard, but just a white screen on the real title screen :/ Any idea what's causing this? Have my game folder shown in case missing anything important... 1686612532739.png 1686612490771.png

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Kaseijin
May 10, 2023
So I successfully downloaded the R12 torrent and extracted all to a folder and seemed to work fine... but upon launching the R12, can hear the music and get past illusion titlecard, but just a white screen on the real title screen :/ Any idea what's causing this? Have my game folder shown in case missing anything important... View attachment 2693471 View attachment 2693470
download from screthisnoise torrents

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
So I successfully downloaded the R12 torrent and extracted all to a folder and seemed to work fine... but upon launching the R12, can hear the music and get past illusion titlecard, but just a white screen on the real title screen :/ Any idea what's causing this? Have my game folder shown in case missing anything important... View attachment 2693471 View attachment 2693470
HI!
Launch the game via "InitSettings" first, in the splashscreen, select "activate console". and then select "Start game".
Usually in the first launch, it takes a bit long time to start.
When your game stucks on the white screen again (hope no but..) in your keyboard press Tab+Alt keys and switch to the console window. see the last command line. take a screenshot and post it here. We will see if can help you.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
like Kaseijin said, depending on your hardware the first boot can take a while. It's always good to run the init settings first anyway to set the graphics and resolution to something your system can handle.

Edit: If all else fails you could try shortening the file path. For example I have mine on E:\#HS2BR12#

Reactions: turbojoe
3.80 star(s) 56 Votes