f45450

Oct 21, 2021
1000 times posted here: best game location is on top of a drive and NOT C:\ - avoid game locations of the Windows System, there might happen access restrictions.
Move your game to D:\HS2 for example.
C is fine... As long as you do not use pre-created system folders like "Windows" or "Program Files". These can easily screw third-party dlls and exes without legit signatures.
And now you can easily remove windows path limitation instead obsolete "top of a drive" practice. Like, since 2016.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: turbojoe

LeftyPR

Mar 5, 2018
C is fine... As long as you do not use pre-created system folders like "Windows" or "Program Files". These can easily screw third-party dlls and exes without legit signatures.
And now you can easily remove windows path limitation instead obsolete "top of a drive" practice. Like, since 2016.
Nope if you sideload the mods which 99% will do, it can cause problems, same as Skyrim you don't install under C because of mods and the system can bork it because of permission ;) just saying remember most USERS are not tech savvy they just download and play and when shit hit's the fan then they come looking for help lol.

brakfan1212

Jan 31, 2021
OK, it won't let me meet up, sleep, or do anything outside of start in my room and create characters. What am I doing wrong?

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
May be a stupid question but if I download the repack do I have to download the base game. Currently downloading both. Never mind, literally looked in the pages before this and it was answered. It does include the base game for anyone else looking for the answer!
You already found the right answer - BetterRepack is including the game itself and also a base version of StudioNEO.
The "Optional Sideloader Modpack Studio" is ONLY for StudioNEO, you can´t use it in the game.

OK, it won't let me meet up, sleep, or do anything outside of start in my room and create characters. What am I doing wrong?
Maybe a loading issue because of bad game location.
Be sure you have your game in a short named main folder on the top of a drive and not C:\ - e.g. D:\HS2-R13

Reactions: brakfan1212

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Helo, I have OLD version DX r 13, SHOULD I DOWNLOAD IT OR NOT???
I guess you have already HS2 R13 and ask for downloading R14 (https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r14-illusion.53457/post-11933586 )?
If you´re happy with your R13 it´s not mandatory at once.
As nermalion answered you can update your mods for a while (KK-Manager or InitSetting Update).
At the very latest if new mods with the newest BepInEx getting more and more it´s time to upgrad to R14.

Read here the changelog of R14.

f45450

Oct 21, 2021
Nope if you sideload the mods which 99% will do, it can cause problems, same as Skyrim you don't install under C because of mods and the system can bork it because of permission just saying remember most USERS are not tech savvy they just download and play and when shit hit's the fan then they come looking for help lol.
Win makes ANY user-created folder on C as protected system property? News for me.
Yeah, I first met it on Oblivion and Skyrim, and these worked just fine in C:/Games , as well as HS2. ;)
As we see, that guy placed HS2 in C:/Program Files which is MS property, permissions and so on.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
I have the Steam version. Is this one more up to date?
Guys. Which is the difference between steam version and the DXr version?.
Also often asked and often answered here ;)
Read here as overview https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r14-illusion.53457/post-9723614 (but at least we have BR R14 since yesterday https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r14-illusion.53457/post-11933586 ).

If you only have the Steam base version it´s your decision, the SB patch is also for free.
has always the newest download links.

Karakabra

Oct 1, 2017
Also often asked and often answered here ;)
Read here as overview https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r14-illusion.53457/post-9723614 (but at least we have BR R14 since yesterday https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r14-illusion.53457/post-11933586 ).

If you only have the Steam base version it´s your decision, the SB patch is also for free.
has always the newest download links.
I see. The changelog clean my doubt, sorry. I figure that DXr is the game+mods collection. Like Klub17 in SexVillla.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Win makes ANY user-created folder on C as protected system property? News for me.
Yeah, I first met it on Oblivion and Skyrim, and these worked just fine in C:/Games , as well as HS2. ;)
As we see, that guy placed HS2 in C:/Program Files which is MS property, permissions and so on.
I guess you´re right, C:\HS2 should work, but NOT hidden in Program Files.
But empirically the high modded Illusion Games are very fastidious belonging game location and file pathes.

Anyway I don´t recommend a game in the same partition as the operating system.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
I see. The changelog clean my doubt, sorry. I figure that DXr is the game+mods collection. Like Klub17 in SexVillla.
I guess you didn´t fully understand my comparison BetterRepack - Steam.
The SB patch ("full" version) I mentioned bring your Steam game nearly to the level as BetterRepack R11.

Mr3legs

Nov 3, 2017
How does HS2 compare to AI shoujo including mods ? Like do I get as many parameters when it comes to modelling the girls ?
( In AI shoujo I get to further modify specific body part's xyz dimensions on top of the normal parameters, breast gravity & elasticity and there are different modded genital options and such.)
And how do the animations compare?

3.80 star(s) 56 Votes