harry_cox

Aug 31, 2022
so older version working?
I use R5 which has been the most stable for me. Every repack since then has had a problem, like rotating penis, broken lighting, glitching environments, etc. The most annoying change is the renaming of sex positions and ui items (some text overlaps into other menu items, wtf). R5 is outdated by 2 years but it contains all I ever needed. I grab a few updated mods here and there from the later repacks.

harry_cox

Aug 31, 2022
... if you move your "HoneySelect2 R14" directly under C:\ (out of subfolder "Games" - makes the file pathes unnecessary longer) and also shorten your main folder to HS2-R14 maybe you get better loading performance.
And do you have no other drive? On C:\ may occur conflicts with the operating system (normally only if you use system folders like "Program Files", but who knows?).
I have been using "C:\Games\HoneySelect2" for my HS2 directory for over 2 years and it has never given me a problem loading. C drive is a 1TB NVMe drive, 1/3 of it used.

Reactions: turbojoe

Jack95K

Feb 28, 2020
I use R5 which has been the most stable for me. Every repack since then has had a problem, like rotating penis, broken lighting, glitching environments, etc. The most annoying change is the renaming of sex positions and ui items (some text overlaps into other menu items, wtf). R5 is outdated by 2 years but it contains all I ever needed. I grab a few updated mods here and there from the later repacks.
oh so no fix for my game :( ,and from where i can find R5 version there is no link?

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
oh so no fix for my game :( ,and from where i can find R5 version there is no link?
You can find all versions here (only torrent download).

But I don´t recommend going back to very old R5 (maybe harry can handle, but although there are limitations).
Why not going back 1 step to R13 - seemed a very stable version.

harry_cox

Aug 31, 2022
I only download torrents. If you are new to torrenting then download qbittorrent (and do some research on torrent safety first).

Repack 5:

Here is a list of all of screw's repacks:

harry_cox

Aug 31, 2022
But I don´t recommend going back to very old R5.
I have tried 6, 7, 8 , 10, and 14 and I really do not see much difference between all those and 5. I do like the randomize button and that the arrow that takes you to the assigned clothing/body enhancement actually works, but other than tons of clothing mods I will never use I just don't see the need to update. I don't use GraphicsMod and it seems the latest releases favor it over DHH.

Reactions: turbojoe

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
I have tried 6, 7, 8 , 10, and 14 and I really do not see much difference between all those and 5. I do like the randomize button and that the arrow that takes you to the assigned clothing/body enhancement actually works, but other than tons of clothing mods I will never use I just don't see the need to update. I don't use GraphicsMod and it seems the latest releases favor it over DHH.
In general you´re right.
The only drawpack is - as I explained yet - the always increased version of BepInEx. This is mainly the trigger for new Repack versions.
With old BepInEx you only can use older mods.

In the base game I only recognized some additional sex positions in later versions.

GraphicsMode is said to provide a higher quality, but heavier to the hardware. I can´t prove that - never used DHH.
And is the prerequisite to be able to use Hanmens shaders and textures. How important or necessary these mods are was often discussed here.

Reactions: harry_cox

harry_cox

Aug 31, 2022
...In the base game I only recognized some additional sex positions in later versions.
Wait, there are additional sex positions outside the vanilla dx game? I didn't think that was even possible unless the original developers made them as they are very hard to make. I use the position unlocker mod and I didn't notice any new positions in R14 using the 2 maps with the most positions, garden and hall.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Wait, there are additional sex positions outside the vanilla dx game? I didn't think that was even possible unless the original developers made them as they are very hard to make. I use the position unlocker mod and I didn't notice any new positions in R14 using the 2 maps with the most positions, garden and hall.
I didn´t prove exactly, it´s more a feeling.
Comparing is also more difficult since the Steam translation went in at R9.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
How do I download this? What do I click on? There's so many folders ..
You´re talking about HS2?
Go to , search for HoneySelect 2 DX on the left side and follow the download links.

Recommended is torrent download (directly here ), by far easier to download and install than splitted files from MEGA + Co.

Reactions: zadtier396

shadowr19

Apr 8, 2020
Out of curiosity, Does anyone know any HS2 artist who does Cards/Scenes commissions?

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 56 Votes