Darkniz

Jun 6, 2021
yo guys when i try to open the game it says "failed to load mono" idk what i am doing wrong. i extracted everything and followed the instructions

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Last edited:

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Apparently Windows 11 has issues with it but it also looks like your mono folder is in the wrong location. It's outside of the bleeding edge folder. It should be in "MonoBleedingEdge\etc".

Untitled.png

Reactions: turbojoe

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Game location looking almost good - you can move your HS2 main folder directly to D:/ for better and mor stable loading performance.

Belonging your issue Skeltom already told you the solution: move your mono folder into MonoBleedingEdge/etc

Mono-Failed.jpg

WIN11 is ok with HS2, mine is perfectly running with it.

Reactions: Skeltom

Darkniz

Jun 6, 2021
Game location looking almost good - you can move your HS2 main folder directly to D:/ for better and mor stable loading performance.

Belonging your issue Skeltom already told you the solution: move your mono folder into MonoBleedingEdge/etc

View attachment 3224936

WIN11 is ok with HS2, mine is perfectly running with it.
ive done that, still doesn't work. however i went back to the initsetting file and i realized that i dont have an update button to press. maybe that might be the case? i looked at the faq and it said the install R3.1 Hotfix but idk where that is.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
ive done that, still doesn't work. however i went back to the initsetting file and i realized that i dont have an update button to press. maybe that might be the case? i looked at the faq and it said the install R3.1 Hotfix but idk where that is.
that patch is for a much older repack version, you shouldn't need it anymore. There is always a chance your mono got corrupted some how. Make a backup of yours and try replacing it with this. I have no idea why your update button is missing. It could be the whole extraction prosses didn't quite work.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
If Skeltom´s folder doesn´t work I guess you need a new install or even new download.
Did you go the splitted packs way (19 files to extract) or torrent download?
The torrent way is much more fail proof and easier to install.

Darkniz

Jun 6, 2021
If Skeltom´s folder doesn´t work I guess you need a new install or even new download.
Did you go the splitted packs way (19 files to extract) or torrent download?
The torrent way is much more fail proof and easier to install.
I downloaded the All-In-One (DX R14 Base Game Repack - 69 GB) from uploadhaven

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
I downloaded the All-In-One (DX R14 Base Game Repack - 69 GB) from uploadhaven
Ok - so you avoided the tricky process of stitching together splitted packs, but it´s possible your download from uploadhaven might got corrupted because of a network disruption.
Did you use 7-Zip (strongly recommended) for extraction? WinRAR may also cause issues with the HS2 .7z files.

Torrent is more reliable to get an uncorrupted download, get the start file directly from here

Darkniz

Jun 6, 2021
Ok - so you avoided the tricky process of stitching together splitted packs, but it´s possible your download from uploadhaven might got corrupted because of a network disruption.
Did you use 7-Zip (strongly recommended) for extraction? WinRAR may also cause issues with the HS2 .7z files.

Torrent is more reliable to get an uncorrupted download, get the start file directly from here
you might be right, i think my network was messing up the download therfore the file wouldn't download all the way. and yes i have winrar. ill download the torrent and ill reply back to u once i finished to see if it works, thanks for the help in the meantime though!

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
you might be right, i think my network was messing up the download therfore the file wouldn't download all the way. and yes i have winrar. ill download the torrent and ill reply back to u once i finished to see if it works, thanks for the help in the meantime though!
So good luck!

Btw I started with HS2 BR version R4, made always clean new downloads/installs (never only update.exe) via torrent and NEVER failed so far :D

Darkniz

Jun 6, 2021
So good luck!

Btw I started with HS2 BR version R4, made always clean new downloads/installs (never only update.exe) via torrent and NEVER failed so far :D
hi, so i redownloaded it and i tried to run it again but same thing, it still shows me failed to mono and on the initsetting, it doesnt show the update still.

• Thinking Face
3.80 star(s) 56 Votes