LewdGaming69

Feb 4, 2024
Ah - my bad, didn´t look.
So you´re fine now, I guess :D
Can't say if I'm fine, I solved some problems thanks to this forum and I'm really grateful for your help but with a game like this there are always going to be next issues :(
Do you know any place where I can find some weird and ekhm "premium" mods ?

Reactions: turbojoe

daddykoji04

Nov 22, 2023
Sry - have no clue what you´re talking about o_O

If you´re meaning after extraction to your game main folder (should be lacated on top od a drive) - yes, there are now many folders and files inside, what did you expect?

And NO - you can´t save space, Illusion games and especially all the mods don´t use any compressed game files like most AAA games.

With 1 exeption: for the case you´ve also downloaded the "Optional Sideloader Modpack Studio" (|190GB packed) - this is ONLY for StudioNEO and you only need it if you intend to intensively work with StudioNEO (creating scenes and animations).

Btw. now I guess it´s necessary to remind you that´s a usual behaviour here to give "Likes" to those who are helping you, okay? ;)
yea sorry about the like stuff, im new to this. and i dont think i downloaded the sideloader stuff and the game still took over 100gb so idk

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
how do i do that
Launch initsettings first, not the game itself. You can select either one there.
DHH is more for lower spec PC while GraphicMod is for higher one.
Preset is a configuration file for both of them. Though preset files for DHH is different from GraphicMod, the principle is same.
You can get it from a studio scene or community channel.

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
yea sorry about the like stuff, im new to this. and i dont think i downloaded the sideloader stuff and the game still took over 100gb so idk
Thats normal.
The most things that takes up space are mods after all.
Studio modpack contain stuff for studio, but clothing mods are inside the base game.

Reactions: daddykoji04
Nov 3, 2022
Hello. I don't know where to put mods in this game and how to use them. Can you help me?
Mods (modname.zipmod) go to the "mods" folder inside the main game directory (where the "HoneySelect2.exe" is). If you have a "BetterRepack" version, the "mods" folder is already there. Plugins go to "BepInEx/Plugins". Always check the readme.txt of the mods for installation instructions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Poortunus

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
As I already answered you "Illusion games and especially all the mods don´t use any compressed game files like most AAA games" ;)
Mine is 217 GB including "Sideloader Modpack - Bleeding Edge" (Experimental Mode activated) and all my chara cards (alone 27 GB) - and this is a rather smaller HS2, I know people with 500GB + (without Studio Modpack!).
So get used to it.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Hello. I don't know where to put mods in this game and how to use them. Can you help me?
To add MrCsModsand: you have to differentiate between Sideloader mods and other mods you search and download by yourself from several sources.

Sideloader mods are are collected by ScrewThisNoise into the BetterRepack and automatically managed by the update function (in InitSetting or KK-Manager). If you run "update" it will search through your Sideloader Modpacks, delete outdated versions and replace them with newer versions or add new mods. All Sideloader mods are listed and can be downloaded separately here

To prevent your self downloaded mods outside the Sideloader collection from deleting by running update you store these mods (so far they´re "zipmods" - don´t extract them!!!) in mods/MyMods. For better overview you can create subfolders there (e.g. name of the author like cunihinx, McM82, ....), the game will find and load them independently.

You don´t have to "use" them intentionally, they are automatically loaded by the game if you load a character card or a clothing that uses certain mods.

Some mods aren´t "zipmods" but files directly going into abdata or BepInEx (Plugins) - these should be correctly organised after extracting the downloaded .7z or .rar file and directly copied into your game main folder.

Poortunus

Apr 2, 2023
Mods (modname.zipmod) go to the "mods" folder inside the main game directory (where the "HoneySelect2.exe" is). If you have a "BetterRepack" version, the "mods" folder is already there. Plugins go to "BepInEx/Plugins". Always check the readme.txt of the mods for installation instructions.
So where will I use these modes in the game?

Poortunus

Apr 2, 2023
To add MrCsModsand: you have to differentiate between Sideloader mods and other mods you search and download by yourself from several sources.

Sideloader mods are are collected by ScrewThisNoise into the BetterRepack and automatically managed by the update function (in InitSetting or KK-Manager). If you run "update" it will search through your Sideloader Modpacks, delete outdated versions and replace them with newer versions or add new mods. All Sideloader mods are listed and can be downloaded separately here

To prevent your self downloaded mods outside the Sideloader collection from deleting by running update you store these mods (so far they´re "zipmods" - don´t extract them!!!) in mods/MyMods. For better overview you can create subfolders there (e.g. name of the author like cunihinx, McM82, ....), the game will find and load them independently.

You don´t have to "use" them intentionally, they are automatically loaded by the game if you load a character card or a clothing that uses certain mods.

Some mods aren´t "zipmods" but files directly going into abdata or BepInEx (Plugins) - these should be correctly organised after extracting the downloaded .7z or .rar file and directly copied into your game main folder.
You explained it very well, but it seemed a bit confusing to me. I wish there was a video on how to install the mods.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
You explained it very well, but it seemed a bit confusing to me. I wish there was a video on how to install the mods.
Don´t become desperate - you will see what to do.
As I said .zipmod files going directly to mods/MyMods.

If you get for example something like that
Mods-example.png
you have to copy the folders directly into your game main folder, where the folders BepInEx and cubemaps are.
In such cases mostly you find also a .txt file or readme to describe what to do.

Anyway it´s not often necessary to search for mods by yourself, mostly needed are already included in the BetterRepack and you don´t have to worry about.
I would say you leave it for the moment at the included mods until you get more familiar with the file structure of this game.

Poortunus

Apr 2, 2023
Don´t become desperate - you will see what to do.
As I said .zipmod files going directly to mods/MyMods.

If you get for example something like that
View attachment 3362653
you have to copy the folders directly into your game main folder, where the folders BepInEx and cubemaps are.
In such cases mostly you find also a .txt file or readme to describe what to do.

Anyway it´s not often necessary to search for mods by yourself, mostly needed are already included in the BetterRepack and you don´t have to worry about.
I would say you leave it for the moment at the included mods until you get more familiar with the file structure of this game.
Thank you. I'll try to do it, but I don't think I will. I don't even know how to turn on the in-game mode. The game's files are overwhelming and confusing.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Thank you. I'll try to do it, but I don't think I will. I don't even know how to turn on the in-game mode. The game's files are overwhelming and confusing.
As I explained before you don´t need to "turn on" the mods in game - the game take them automatically if you load a character card or a clothing (= coordinate) which needs a special mod to work.

If it happens a card needs a mod you don´t have in your game you get a "missing mod message" like this
MissingModsR13.png

You can activate/deactivate this function here
MissingModMessage.jpg

A Common Crab

Dec 15, 2018
What do you use for the executable path, working directory and wine prefix directory in the game config? I have tried everything I could find - setting winhttp override in runner configuration, setting it in winecfg and setting it in the registry editor. Nothing has worked for me so far.
Did you get it to work?

daddykoji04

Nov 22, 2023
Launch initsettings first, not the game itself. You can select either one there.
DHH is more for lower spec PC while GraphicMod is for higher one.
Preset is a configuration file for both of them. Though preset files for DHH is different from GraphicMod, the principle is same.
You can get it from a studio scene or community channel.
i have the graphicmod one on but it still looks weird

1708216076949.png this one is from the steam/seperated version

1708216111858.png And this one is from the full thing, so i dont know why the graphics for the full thing would look worse.

• Thinking Face

daddykoji04

Nov 22, 2023
As I already answered you "Illusion games and especially all the mods don´t use any compressed game files like most AAA games" ;)
Mine is 217 GB including "Sideloader Modpack - Bleeding Edge" (Experimental Mode activated) and all my chara cards (alone 27 GB) - and this is a rather smaller HS2, I know people with 500GB + (without Studio Modpack!).
So get used to it.
i have 10 gb left on my computer, i am cooked

• Sad
3.80 star(s) 56 Votes