Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
That's what im thinking aswell, if you can't do it the easy way then i guess it's through the hard way. Then start browsing for answers from the thread. Too bad most places refer HF links when HF is dead but it's something i'll have to endure
The 3 part version is on the OP page.

Reactions: _Kato

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
I downloaded the fan version and when i try to lower the graphic settings it freezes. Any help?
Goto user data in the root folder. At the bottom is a file set up. edit the resolution there.

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
It opens in internet explorer wont let me edit it. Thanks for your help in advance
Download Notepad++ and use that to edit it. I think you can also edit it in simple windows Notepad but it has been a long time since I have used that. Notepad++ is my default editor now.

Kaz_Ure

Aug 17, 2018
Download Notepad++ and use that to edit it. I think you can also edit it in simple windows Notepad but it has been a long time since I have used that. Notepad++ is my default editor now.
Thx manage to change the size but im still having the same issue trying to lower the graphical quality it still freezes

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
Thx manage to change the size but im still having the same issue trying to lower the graphical quality it still freezes
What do you mean by graphic quality? The screen size is graphical quality.

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
like turn off lightning efects and shadows my laptop is a potato and the game runs slow as heck
Go to camera lights in the menu selection on the left-hand side. You can also try turning off some screen effects which is located in the options. I forgot to ask, you are just playing the hotel or talking about NEO. There is only so much you can do to speed up your game. It is 3D rendering no matter how you cut it and if your computer is too slow it is just too slow.

Kaz_Ure

Aug 17, 2018
Go to camera lights in the menu selection on the left-hand side. You can also try turning off some screen effects which is located in the options. I forgot to ask, you are just playing the hotel or talking about NEO. There is only so much you can do to speed up your game. It is 3D rendering no matter how you cut it and if your computer is too slow it is just too slow.
Hotel area. But in the settings if i turn off any of the settings for the grphical quality and hit back it freezes. this is my laptop specs if that helps

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
Hotel area. But in the settings if i turn off any of the settings for the grphical quality and hit back it freezes. this is my laptop specs if that helps
Don't go to the options menu while running the game. When you first boot up and have the option to enter the character maker. You can also enter the options menu. Have you tried that? Just to be sure, you are running in full screen, right? Running in window mode causes a lot of problems.

TwIsTed MeTaL

STD Connoisseur
Donor
Mar 25, 2019
okay i just compared my laptop specs to yours and keep in mind that my mid tier potato cant run this game without a few frame drops, your specs are on the low side which is strange considering it was released 3 years after mine, you can try things like razer cortex game booster and setting your graphic properties to 'performance' but theres a good chance your laptop cant play this game. Heres the website with the stats i used

Kaz_Ure

Aug 17, 2018
Don't go to the options menu while running the game. When you first boot up and have the option to enter the character maker. You can also enter the options menu. Have you tried that? Just to be sure, you are running in full screen, right? Running in window mode causes a lot of problems.
Did that as well no dice

Kaz_Ure

Aug 17, 2018
okay i just compared my laptop specs to yours and keep in mind that my mid tier potato cant run this game without a few frame drops, your specs are on the low side which is strange considering it was released 3 years after mine, you can try things like razer cortex game booster and setting your graphic properties to 'performance' but theres a good chance your laptop cant play this game. Heres the website with the stats i used
Its set to performance. Will try the razor thing when i get back from work. Thanks a bunch for the help.

Reactions: Q Who

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
Its set to performance. Will try the razor thing when i get back from work. Thanks a bunch for the help.
Honey Select\UserData\Config\Config.xml You can change them editing this file as well. You will see a line that says true and false
<imageEffect>True,False,False,True,True,False,False,True,True,False,True,True</imageEffect>

You will have to figure out which ones to set as false by trial and error. I forget which are which.

TwIsTed MeTaL

STD Connoisseur
Donor
Mar 25, 2019
Is 38,100 a lot of money in India?

Feraksu

Sep 1, 2017
Since Hongfire went down alot of mods are really hard to find. I'm doing a reinstall and can't find a working download for the Item Resolver (HIR) Does anyone know where I can find it?

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
Since Hongfire went down alot of mods are really hard to find. I'm doing a reinstall and can't find a working download for the Item Resolver (HIR) Does anyone know where I can find it?
HIR is crap really. This is the bomb. I posted a link to the Pastebin and I may have posted a link to the mage mods folder too.

3.80 star(s) 4 Votes