5.00 star(s) 5 Votes

BruceLee73

Apr 22, 2018
Totally in :)

Spoiler!

My first minutes: alright... but.. whats up with all the "that"s ? sounds like german english.
*clicks further* "across the globe world leaders wait to see what this america..." never mind. probably not what europeans would write/think these days. not the millenials at least.

But... Olivia... her boyfriends name is Brad? And.. Brad P.. eh... Brad Fermont is president now. So.... shes kinda the first lady?!
probably not. but Brad really made an impression here, didnt he? ;P

.... I m two minutes late at most...
my reaction?
*press flirt* I m a flirtmachine. Its so easy. Just pressa button and let em boys melt xD
*success*

wait... what? pounds? they pay in pounds? What kind of america is this? :O
... oohh we re in london. my mistake. so Olivias enthusiasm about Brad... eh... Fermont becoming president really was just for the looks. Noted.

personal dislike: Enzo. what a greasy guy. I d "accidentally" drop his coffe right over his groin if hed call me "baby" after mere 30 seconds of conversation (Wouldnt be the first time xD), even telling me what I think and want.
I like dominant men. But Enzo... greasy!

Anyway. Interesting start, even more interesting and promising plot and hopefully more characters coming to have good choices who to get close with.
So I m definetly in!!! And I cant wait to see the games overall develpoment :D

mc kinda looks familiar... but hair and eye-colour are new ;P

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2017
does anyone know what kind of art is this, what is it called?
I believe it's called rip off cash grab, you find a popular game and instead of being inspired and create your own similar style you find near identical or literally identical source imaging, trace it, and present it in the same way

choosing the exact same images, poses and style then claiming we just happened to trace the same stuff is laughable, tracing photos is fine, this isn't

Panchromatic

Mar 30, 2018
Is the, ah, "writing" folder meant to be included in the Linux release? It contains a bunch of Word documents and reference images that don't seem strictly necessary. If it was intentional, I'm personally all in favour (woo transparency), but it seems like something that might have been accidental.

Reactions: Sinfall Studios

Sinfall Studios

Game Developer
May 31, 2020
Is the, ah, "writing" folder meant to be included in the Linux release? It contains a bunch of Word documents and reference images that don't seem strictly necessary. If it was intentional, I'm personally all in favour (woo transparency), but it seems like something that might have been accidental.
Thanks for the heads up man - hadn't seen that creep in there! All updated now, I appreciate the heads up :)

Reactions: Panchromatic

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020

Hi all, another weekend has passed, and that of course means that another dev diary is upon us. I hope you’ve all had a chance to download the completed 0.1 release which was released over the weekend. I’m now hard at work writing the next release of Honeypot which will be out the end of this month for $10+ patrons – in the meantime, I wanted to have a bit of a discussion about how best to represent player wealth in game. Excitingly, this isn’t something I’ve decided on one way or another yet, so would really love any feedback and suggestions you might have on how this could be best represented.

By player wealth, I am talking about tracking the wealth of MC throughout the course of the game. This would primarily refer to the money in her bank, but could also refer to other items she might acquire (including properties, jewellery etc) if she makes certain choices. I think this is an important aspect of the game because a lot of the time, people with morally dubious motives may wish to coerce MC into seeing their point of view through gifts and bribes. MC might take this one stage further as well, actively working with the criminal underworld to become even more rich and powerful. If the players make these choices, it would be good for there to be consequences for them later in the story. Likewise, if a player wants to stay on the straight and narrow, it would be good to have consequences for a potential lack of money in certain situations.

At present, I’m thinking the easiest thing to do would be to keep score of MC’s wealth in the code through a simple function tracking how much money she has to the nearest $10,000. Then, certain options could be unlocked at certain times through a quick check against this. It would make sense that I implement a way for the player to check up on their current wealth status in game. This would of course only work for cash – I think other gifts and rewards might have to be coded in on a case by case basis instead, but open to ideas.

That’s that for today – as I mentioned at the beginning, this is still something I am playing around with so if you have any great ideas do feel free to leave a comment, I am always happy to read them. Until next time.

redwind21

Aug 16, 2017
It kind of reminds me of Female Agent, and for a demo, it goes a bit farther than Female Agent does. Someone complained about Enzo being too greasy? What do you want people who are from Italy that are associated with the Mafia to look like? Blond hair and blue eyes, perhaps, with a sunny disposition? Don't forget, the Mafia is usually loaded with sleezeballs. I think the way Enzo looks is perfect.

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
Very interesting game, I see a lot of potential.
Also I hope you won't be afraid to play with darker themes (the MC be taken advantage of, not always in control, consequences of poor choices ad so on..) from time to time (what EvaKiss always lacks)

Reactions: BruceLee73

Savana2020

Jul 22, 2020
The art is very obviously traced from Good Girl Gone Bad. Pics for comparison.

See below posts for updated information.
It seems that both Eva Kiss with GGGB and Sinfall studios with Honeypot are not originally painting heroes, scenes. They are just outlining somebody's made photos. I cannot say that it is art or even handmade art. Just a copy of the photo. That is why it is needed to write down the author of the photo and the model in the photo.

BruceLee73

Apr 22, 2018
It kind of reminds me of Female Agent, and for a demo, it goes a bit farther than Female Agent does. Someone complained about Enzo being too greasy? What do you want people who are from Italy that are associated with the Mafia to look like? Blond hair and blue eyes, perhaps, with a sunny disposition? Don't forget, the Mafia is usually loaded with sleezeballs. I think the way Enzo looks is perfect.
I did not say anything about his looks. As explained its about how he behaved.
He comes across like a show-off, bathing himself in his own presence, pretending to be a gentleman while telling you what to do and think (and like). He pretends to care (skin deep) while hes actually just all over himself. That mix makes him greasy for me.
As long as he d speak to me / treat me like that he could look like whatever you want - I d still drop that coffee.

And please tell us more about the real mafia. Seems like you ve got some serious information on them.
...not... caus thats screen-talking which has little to nothing to do with real life.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes