5.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Sinfall Studios

Game Developer
May 31, 2020
Nice demo. Really like the premisse of the story.

I was pleasantly suprised how fast you introduced the whole spy situation. It may not be super realistic (no one of us is a spy anyway :)), but I thought it was believable enough. I also liked the little background check with the psychologist. Felt like a good old RPG.

That brings me to my question. What kind of stats does the MC has, and how important are they? Did you hide them on purpose? If the MC had stats, I would very much like to be able to view them in game and know what they do exactly.
Thanks for the very kind feedback! Agree that the main character's recruitment process isn't 100% realistic - I would be worried if that was how they hired spies in real life!

The game will remember all the answers you gave to Dr Bennett. The background questions (growing up, education, smoking, alcohol, drugs, sexual history) are mainly there so you can customise your character's background a little bit to fit how you want to roleplay - the narration will subsequently differ somewhat if it's your first time doing drugs for instance, and stuff like that.

The three statistics - physicality, intelligence, and charisma - are chosen by the player and then fixed in place. I may well get round to putting in some way you can check up on them into the game at some point, but as they don't vary at the moment after your interview it's not at the top of my list of priorities. These statistics will be used to sometimes offer you novel solutions to problems, or perhaps throw up dilemnas in your path if you've decided to min-max your character (I had a lot of fun writing a few extra bits of dialogue for characters with intelligence 1 in the demo). They won't radically alter the game - I don't want people to be closed out of certain paths because of an arbitrary choice they made at the start - but they will (I hope) offer some fun variation between different playthroughs, and once again allow for a bit of roleplaying.

Last edited:

J1215

Dec 15, 2019
It would be great if the player could choose how the MC achieves its goal!
For example: I do not want her to have sex with Enzo (or (possibly) in the future with someone else) .- Then, she would be able to complete her task in a different way (for example: find out from Enzo what she needs through just a conversation in a restaurant or whatever).
In the future, with other characters, I would also like to have a choice of how to complete the task and with whom to have a relationship!- (So that the player could choose)!

Last edited:
Reactions: Breezerr

deluges

Dec 28, 2018
I agree, that's more on point than just saying it is a GGGB clone; it's a GGGB and Female Agent mash up.
But I still think it is pretty convincing, with good pacing and funny choices.
Definitely. I'm looking forward to its progression.

Reactions: iodio and Back

Badboll

Aug 29, 2017
I agree, that's more on point than just saying it is a GGGB clone; it's a GGGB and Female Agent mash up.
But I still think it is pretty convincing, with good pacing and funny choices.
It sure holds it own just with the demo I feel.
Not like that other game that came out that was subsequently abandoned that was an obvious copy.
Though I didnt condone all the comments about stealing EvaKiss's work when tracing is by nature stealing anothers appearance.
Is female agent a game or just said because that's what she's gonna be?

boogiecookie

Aug 4, 2019
Thanks for the very kind feedback! Agree that the main character's recruitment process isn't 100% realistic - I would be worried if that was how they hired spies in real life!

The game will remember all the answers you gave to Dr Bennett. The background questions (growing up, education, smoking, alcohol, drugs, sexual history) are mainly there so you can customise your character's background a little bit to fit how you want to roleplay - the narration will subsequently differ somewhat if it's your first time doing drugs for instance, and stuff like that.

The three statistics - physicality, intelligence, and charisma - are chosen by the player and then fixed in place. I may well get round to putting in some way you can check up on them into the game at some point, but as they don't vary at the moment after your interview it's not at the top of my list of priorities. These statistics will be used to sometimes offer you novel solutions to problems, or perhaps throw up dilemnas in your path if you've decided to min-max your character (I had a lot of fun writing a few extra bits of dialogue for characters with intelligence 1 in the demo). They won't radically alter the game - I don't want people to be closed out of certain paths because of an arbitrary choice they made at the start - but they will (I hope) offer some fun variation between different playthroughs, and once again allow for a bit of roleplaying.
hi there! i played for 5 min and have to stop to get back to real life (lol) but i must say i'm excited about your project! i came here after hearing good things over at the ORS thread.

the femme fatale potential is refreshing (i hardly see good 2D games with female protagonists here) and will be following your project development.

thanks and i'll get back to playing this demo after my daily grind :)

Reactions: Sinfall Studios

berny

Jun 8, 2017
It sure holds it own just with the demo I feel.
Not like that other game that came out that was subsequently abandoned that was an obvious copy.
Though I didnt condone all the comments about stealing EvaKiss's work when tracing is by nature stealing anothers appearance.
Is female agent a game or just said because that's what she's gonna be?
It is a game. A text based game about a spy who is supposed to go undercover at a brothel in Bangkok.
The game has maybe one of the highest potentials on this site. Only problem: The progress is painfully slow. There hasn't been any real progress in months or even years. After 3 years the game is still nothing more than a very elaborate introduction. You can give it try, the available content is very good, but don't get your hopes up. There is a very good chance the game willl never be fnished or even contain any meaningful gameplay in Bangkok.

One of the reasons why I'm quite excited about another spy game.

Last edited:

DaddyWest

Aug 15, 2019
I really enjoy this much more than I thought I would. I'm curious what lengths she'll have to go through to accomplish her mission. Drugs, theft, seduction, murder?

Badboll

Aug 29, 2017
It is a game. A text based game about a spy who is supposed to go undercover at a brothel in Bangkok.
The game has maybe one of the highest potentials on this site. Only problem: The progress is painfully slow. There hasn't been any real progress in months or even years. After 3 years the game is still nothing more than a very elaborate introduction. You can give it try, the available content is very good, but don't get your hopes up. There is a very good chance the game willl never be fnished or even contain any meaningful gameplay in Bangkok.

One of the reasons why I'm quite excited about another spy game.
Text based is a big red flag for me so I will skip that, but if I see it in the latest updates list more than once I will check it out. If the game is good it's even worse when it doesn't update. I'd rather not know.

iodio

Jul 10, 2017
Text based is a big red flag for me so I will skip that, but if I see it in the latest updates list more than once I will check it out. If the game is good it's even worse when it doesn't update. I'd rather not know.
Mostly text, but with a really sweet customizable responsive avatar. And it's true that it's been stuck at the introduction for quite some time now, but it is a long and very satisfying introduction.

Anyway, I hope Honeypot moves forward smoothly and steadily, because it's really promising.

takuya.aihara

Jul 21, 2019
Lots of positive reaction here. Must be worth a look. Thanks for making this title, and best of luck in its development.

Reactions: eeee

Innesda

Jul 25, 2018
Really enjoyed the demo, hope you stick with this. Don't let the negative comments get to you, know that there are people that will fully support you :)

Reactions: Sinfall Studios

Sinfall Studios

Game Developer
May 31, 2020
Really enjoyed the demo, hope you stick with this. Don't let the negative comments get to you, know that there are people that will fully support you :)
Thanks a lot for the kind words - you can only do your best, and it is nice to see that lots of people do seem to like it!

I just played this demo, really good start. Will the demo be updated at all as the game progresses?
Thanks for the support and good question - yeah I'll update this every month to lag behind the patreon release by a month, so you should be able to find out exactly what happens with MC and Enzo in his hotel room by around 25 July :)

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes