VN Ren'Py Abandoned Horizon of Passion [v0.5] [Line of lust]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Line of lust

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2019
Hello dear player, if it’s not difficult and there is a desire, write about what you think about the first version of my game, it will be useful for me to take into account the shortcomings and improve the game in the future! :)

Putzi

Donor
Nov 23, 2017

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
I have to disagree about using any denoiser on skin textures.
If you do that, the person will look like plastic dolls, since all structure and details will be killed.
You can clearly see it in the above examples.
If there is too much noise in the images, use better lighting, remove parts of the scene and make it more open, so that you get less light bounces or get better hardware or let it render longer.
Denoising is okay on backgrounds, but please don't use it on persons.

Line of lust

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2019
I can’t remove the noise exactly for this, the characters become puppets, and the power of my equipment is not enough for a high-quality scene. I have already prepared scenes with normal lighting and they will be provided at best from the part in the third version or during processing, which will be after reaching the goal on patreon. I spent 9 hours rendering this scene. Thank you for understanding!

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Well, yes and no.
Here are some basic things you can do to greatly improve render performance.
1) Remove walls, ceiling, etc. Don't render enclosed scenes if you don't absolutely have to. Rebouncing of the light rays will slow things down considerably otherwise.
2) Do not use very weak light sources, they will create noise, a lot of it
3) In your render settings enable firefly filter and set "nominal luminance" to about 800
4) render the complete scene at normal resolution and denoise it (remove figures before rendering if they don't cast shadows on anything)
5) spot render the part where your figures are in double resolution, try to denoise it and overlay xx% with not denoised image, then scale it down to normal and overlay it with the background image

Most of my renders take less than 10 minutes in 2560x1440 resolution and I only use 2x 1070ti.
Knowing how to do things often is worth a lot more than fancy hardware.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Well Elizabeth can teach me anatomy lessons any day ;) you sure have teased us with that ending though damn just as it was getting good.

Reactions: Line of lust

BadFox1

Jan 7, 2019
Ummmmmmmm. Can't do it my head hurts so bad after trying to translate that. WOW! That was a BAD case of Engrish. I'm gonna take a nap now and try to get rid of this MIGRAINE.

Line of lust

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2019
Ummmmmmmm. Can't do it my head hurts so bad after trying to translate that. WOW! That was a BAD case of Engrish. I'm gonna take a nap now and try to get rid of this MIGRAINE.
Where exactly are you not satisfied with the translation?

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote