VN Ren'Py Abandoned Horizon of Passion [v0.5] [Line of lust]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

monksims

Mar 17, 2019
The English translation has so many mentions of Alex. It's only the party next door and I already lost the count. "Funny" thing is that the next line has the chosen MC name.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

PS. The starting language choice should only trigger once.

Reactions: Line of lust

Line of lust

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2019
The English translation has so many mentions of Alex. It's only the party next door and I already lost the count. "Funny" thing is that the next line has the chosen MC name.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

PS. The starting language choice should only trigger once.
It will be fixed in the next version, I apologize for the inconvenience.

WaltS

Si vis pacem para bellum
Donor
Apr 4, 2018
And the renders are still bad. They COULD be good but they are grainy as heck, some of them even look like someone arbitrarily applied post-prod filters...

dev you really, really need to spend more time on the renders. Either don't compress them this much or let them render for longer. Pardon my French but the graininess is horrible and a real letdown.

Erik1986

Jul 5, 2017
So im beginning to cringe everytime i see one of these games pop up with the same intro text: Your a ordinary guy/ Your a young guy, etc. It is like every fairytale starting with "There was once..." or "Once upon a time...". My advice, for once, write a original intro/overview of your game and stop referancing the ordinary/young/whatever guy ;).

Pro's though for not using the usual BB lookalike, those models are basicly the go to ones these days. It looks interesting, so i will keep an eye on it down the road once more content is in place. Good luck to the dev.

Summer Love

Jul 5, 2017
So im beginning to cringe everytime i see one of these games pop up with the same intro text: Your a ordinary guy/ Your a young guy, etc. It is like every fairytale starting with "There was once..." or "Once upon a time...". My advice, for once, write a original intro/overview of your game and stop referancing the ordinary/young/whatever guy ;).

Pro's though for not using the usual BB lookalike, those models are basicly the go to ones these days. It looks interesting, so i will keep an eye on it down the road once more content is in place. Good luck to the dev.
I applaud your choice in sigs my good sir.

Also them cg's are grainy as heck, in an already heavily saturated market, that's just not gonna cut it. Mr. Dev will have to forgive me when I say no thank you. I've been burned by people making games with much better concepts than this.

Reniere

Aug 5, 2019
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'images/plot/town/alex_house/floor_one/corridor_kitchen_living_room/2_4.jpg'>:
Exception: Could not load image u'images/plot/town/alex_house/floor_one/corridor_kitchen_living_room/2_4.jpg': error('JPEG loading error',)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/plot/town/alex_house/floor_one/corridor_kitchen_living_room/plot_corridor_kitchen_living_room.rpyc", line 252, in script
  File "F:\Program Files\renpy-7.2.2-sdk\renpy\ast.py", line 1389, in execute
  File "F:\Program Files\renpy-7.2.2-sdk\renpy\exports.py", line 1601, in with_statement
  File "F:\Program Files\renpy-7.2.2-sdk\renpy\display\core.py", line 2251, in do_with
  File "F:\Program Files\renpy-7.2.2-sdk\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
  File "F:\Program Files\renpy-7.2.2-sdk\renpy\display\core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
  File "F:\Program Files\renpy-7.2.2-sdk\renpy\display\core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen/renpy.display.render.c:6805)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen/renpy.display.render.c:3520)
  File "F:\Program Files\renpy-7.2.2-sdk\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen/renpy.display.render.c:4075)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen/renpy.display.render.c:3520)
  File "F:\Program Files\renpy-7.2.2-sdk\renpy\display\transition.py", line 361, in render
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen/renpy.display.render.c:4075)
  File "F:\Program Files\renpy-7.2.2-sdk\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "F:\Program Files\renpy-7.2.2-sdk\renpy\display\image.py", line 500, in render
  File "F:\Program Files\renpy-7.2.2-sdk\renpy\display\image.py", line 306, in wrap_render
  File "F:\Program Files\renpy-7.2.2-sdk\renpy\display\im.py", line 583, in render
  File "F:\Program Files\renpy-7.2.2-sdk\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
  File "F:\Program Files\renpy-7.2.2-sdk\renpy\display\im.py", line 628, in load
  File "F:\Program Files\renpy-7.2.2-sdk\renpy\display\pgrender.py", line 162, in load_image
Exception: Could not load image u'images/plot/town/alex_house/floor_one/corridor_kitchen_living_room/2_4.jpg': error('JPEG loading error',)

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
I'm guessing English is not your first language? It's not as bad as some others I've seen but overtime I'm sure that will get better. So far a lot of teasing in this game which is understandable at such an early version, that was a nice dream the MC had at the end hope we get to see more of that girl.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Soon, you will have the opportunity to leave your family in the area.
Goodbye family, it was fun.

As it turnes out, you are going to move to a new place where you and your family are hoping for a new, radiant life.
But ... but ... I just left my family in the area, how did they find me so fast?

Obsidion69

Jun 16, 2018
Once all rendering is done, you can compress to .jpeg files for better compression and smaller game file sizes.
You're better off using webp, it will get you a better quality to size ratio than anything other than flif even if going with lossless settings. The reason I'm not suggesting flif instead is cause as far as I know no engine supports it. There was a push to get renpy to do it awhile back but given it's not that much smaller than webp which is already supported the idea fizzled.

Note in case any Unity devs wonder past this post while it's not officially supported there are community made plugins to add webp support to the engine so you can drastically reduce the size of your games without losing quality.

Amahl Farouk

May 13, 2018
I am going ot make a few suggestions, rather than just say the game sucks.

1. Get rid of the free roam, basically free roam is a big box with bugger all in it usually. Looking at how you have designed the game there is no free roam ability and thats fine for now, once you get to branching decision paths then a simple choice menu of what to do will be fine.

2. You very much need to get yourself someone who can not only translate russian to english, but who can also help you with dialogue. "Suddenly my nipples got hard" _shakes head_ You clearly know a good bit about coding and have taken a lot of time setting this up, but not everyone is a dialogue master, understand your strengths and find someone to help you with what you are weak at

3. Grainy renders. I suspect there isn't much you can do about that if your hardware is weak, that said you can tweak your settings a bit to try to improve it, there are tons of folk here in the support section of the forum that can help you with this, I suspect though that if you have a really good game basis and a good story, folk will put up with grainy renders more happily, I for one don't really care as long as I can see what's going on and the models and situations look ok

Reactions: Abhai

Vrijgeest

Engaged Member
Jun 16, 2019
I dont think this has the legs. Lousy renders, a grind that is not a grind, language is terrible and the design is just so bad.
No sorry I think the abandoned tag will appear quite shortly.:cautious:

Line of lust

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2019
I read all the reviews above and I understand that most are dissatisfied with the rendering, I understand everything. But now I don’t have good equipment for processing all versions, at the moment the third version is the best in terms of scene quality.

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin
4.00 star(s) 1 Vote