2.70 star(s) 15 Votes

Hunterxsamu

Jul 11, 2020
can someone give like a map of school since i always get lost or added teleportaion spell to each class. most npc dormate ask asking to go together but when i want explore keep getting lost

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
can someone give like a map of school since i always get lost or added teleportaion spell to each class. most npc dormate ask asking to go together but when i want explore keep getting lost
Each morning after the tutorial you should get an option to warp straight to the class map of your choice when you wake up (or decline to explore).

Maps are on the main menu (press escape). You can orient yourself from the main stairwais where there are maps on the wall that show you where you are.

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
There is no dialogue for class flame burst... It's normal?
Nope! I'll take a look at it as soon as I can!
Getting a lot of errors around classes since the update that redid the backend (I was saving all 60+ classes into the game's save file, including descriptions, grades, name, class attendance, etc etc.... and it was causing load-time issues!)

Once I restructured the files it seems to have caused issues with class grades jumping around, entry being broken, etc, that I'm still trying to work out to this day!

SylvanaHellsing

Mar 22, 2019
Nope! I'll take a look at it as soon as I can!
Getting a lot of errors around classes since the update that redid the backend (I was saving all 60+ classes into the game's save file, including descriptions, grades, name, class attendance, etc etc.... and it was causing load-time issues!)

Once I restructured the files it seems to have caused issues with class grades jumping around, entry being broken, etc, that I'm still trying to work out to this day!
Ok super!

If I see another bug, I would write it here

For the bug with the class flame burst, you have no dialogue, and the professor don't give you à homework, so in the final exam, you have max 80/100

Reactions: hgameartman

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
Quick question:

Did you manage to create a "map" for what you plan to add to the game?
I do have a "rough" plan for the game's development, and lots and lots of ideas that fit into what I want to have!
I don't share everything (partially because it would be several long essays, or rambling notebooks filled with "And then the pirate ship can attack while you're working as a serving wench, TODO: Figure out how to make this not boring" or stuff like that.... But the general gist of the plan is to make a stable and fun baseline, then shoot for expanding the available content in the game.
Currently, said content is roughly divided into jobs, clubs, and relationships, with the core gameplay loop they support being attending classes, exploring dungeons/combat areas, crafting, etc.

I hope to first flesh out that core gameplay loop (combat in particular is weak because I need to flesh out dungeon/exploration a bit), then focus in on adding new characters to date, jobs to do to get money, and clubs/activities to do to gain gameplay elements.

It's still all a work in progress, and I sort of stepped back from doing a lot of clubs/jobs/even more classes as I went back to fix a ton of bugs, clean up technical debt, redraw a years worth of artwork, and flesh out systems/dungeons/areas I hastily put into place in the start but now are really out of date, but I'm not too concerned! Original plans were for a 3 year project, but if it takes longer to make a better game then Eh, it should be fine.

I do track progress on my site, particularly here.

But I only update it when forward progress has been made, and redoing old artwork, rewriting the code to major areas, redesigning stuff and fixing bugs really don't count as "forward progress" so it feels like stuff has stalled, even if a lot of the stuff I'm working on has major impacts on the game (like redoing the starting artwork! 20+ hours per character bust to draw and animate, and none of it really counts for forward progress! But at the same time, can't really deny that it has a major impact on the look and feel of the game!)

Reactions: Ssato243

SylvanaHellsing

Mar 22, 2019
I do have a "rough" plan for the game's development, and lots and lots of ideas that fit into what I want to have!
I don't share everything (partially because it would be several long essays, or rambling notebooks filled with "And then the pirate ship can attack while you're working as a serving wench, TODO: Figure out how to make this not boring" or stuff like that.... But the general gist of the plan is to make a stable and fun baseline, then shoot for expanding the available content in the game.
Currently, said content is roughly divided into jobs, clubs, and relationships, with the core gameplay loop they support being attending classes, exploring dungeons/combat areas, crafting, etc.

I hope to first flesh out that core gameplay loop (combat in particular is weak because I need to flesh out dungeon/exploration a bit), then focus in on adding new characters to date, jobs to do to get money, and clubs/activities to do to gain gameplay elements.

It's still all a work in progress, and I sort of stepped back from doing a lot of clubs/jobs/even more classes as I went back to fix a ton of bugs, clean up technical debt, redraw a years worth of artwork, and flesh out systems/dungeons/areas I hastily put into place in the start but now are really out of date, but I'm not too concerned! Original plans were for a 3 year project, but if it takes longer to make a better game then Eh, it should be fine.

I do track progress on my site, particularly here.

But I only update it when forward progress has been made, and redoing old artwork, rewriting the code to major areas, redesigning stuff and fixing bugs really don't count as "forward progress" so it feels like stuff has stalled, even if a lot of the stuff I'm working on has major impacts on the game (like redoing the starting artwork! 20+ hours per character bust to draw and animate, and none of it really counts for forward progress! But at the same time, can't really deny that it has a major impact on the look and feel of the game!)
That's cool!

I was mainly asking the question, because you feel that there is a lot of possibility in what you want to offer in your game, and I was wondering what you were planning to add in the long term, what the final project should look like theoretically.
For example, if you planned to put more lessons in it, maybe more related to sex, or manipulation, see more related to combat, if you plan to create a real world, a big map, or even have more interaction more different with NPCs, such as offered services, fights, which changes your reputation, etc ...

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
That's cool!

I was mainly asking the question, because you feel that there is a lot of possibility in what you want to offer in your game, and I was wondering what you were planning to add in the long term, what the final project should look like theoretically.
For example, if you planned to put more lessons in it, maybe more related to sex, or manipulation, see more related to combat, if you plan to create a real world, a big map, or even have more interaction more different with NPCs, such as offered services, fights, which changes your reputation, etc ...
There's certainly a lot planned! In particular, I do plan on expanding the maps for the village and field areas, and probably the college a bit more as well.
New classes will likely expand in some interesting directions in the future as I expand content for, say, the corrupt church, or even the regular church! I'm working on adding a progression of sorts to the classes (the first level, basic courses, are wrapping up...ish, there will be a test, then some branching paths for intermediate courses)

I do plan on having modding options available as well! Currently those just apply to visual and audio content (you can replace almost any image or sound file in the game via mods thanks to a plugin I installed a while back), but I hope to allow editing of mapfiles, events, etc etc in the future as well! That way, everyone can add their own events, areas, stories ,etc and share them!

godhan69

Jul 27, 2019
pregnancy doesn't seem to gather any reaction to other npcs from what i can see, i was kinda hoping you know someone would obviously point out HOLY SHIT YOUR PREGGO?! at the obvious massive belly the protagonist carries.

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
pregnancy doesn't seem to gather any reaction to other npcs from what i can see, i was kinda hoping you know someone would obviously point out HOLY SHIT YOUR PREGGO?! at the obvious massive belly the protagonist carries.
The relationship system in general needs an entire overhaul. It's a spagetti-code system that I built into the game to start, overhauled (badly) once 6 months ago, and then left it thinking "good enough for now" while I worked on other stuff.

With any luck, it will get a fresh pass once I'm done with the tentacle dungeon and the misc fixes I've been doing the last while!

Funnily enough, you get plenty of reactions for talking to random students in the halls if you talk to them while preggo. Not everyone responds, but many do.

SakaiY

Sep 24, 2018
The relationship system in general needs an entire overhaul. It's a spagetti-code system that I built into the game to start, overhauled (badly) once 6 months ago, and then left it thinking "good enough for now" while I worked on other stuff.

With any luck, it will get a fresh pass once I'm done with the tentacle dungeon and the misc fixes I've been doing the last while!

Funnily enough, you get plenty of reactions for talking to random students in the halls if you talk to them while preggo. Not everyone responds, but many do.

Would it be too much work when redoing the main NPCs to also have dialogue if both the MC and NPC are pregnant. I could see out purple haired little friend wanting touch touch bellies and let the babies play or something silly.

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
Would it be too much work when redoing the main NPCs to also have dialogue if both the MC and NPC are pregnant. I could see out purple haired little friend wanting touch touch bellies and let the babies play or something silly.
That would be adorable! I'm going to try to make it more modular, so I hope to have hooks for all sorts of things to make the dialog much easier to expand out for stuff like that!

I'm going to test it out on a new character first (since it would be easier to do on a fresh slate rather than try to hook in the various events the characters now have into a system I'm also designing/building out fresh at the same time) but I'll do my best!

godhan69

Jul 27, 2019
not sure when this happened but potion recipes just stopped working completely even using that debug tool to learn all recipes shows blank in the encyclopedia on potions.

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
not sure when this happened but potion recipes just stopped working completely even using that debug tool to learn all recipes shows blank in the encyclopedia on potions.
Sounds like the recipes array got wiped somehow. Got a save file I can look at or anything else, like what you were doing before the glitch happened?

I think I fixed a glitch a little while ago that wiped all progress on recipes, so perhaps a new game might fix it up (or I might need to tweak debug tool options to make sure it can rebuild the recipes array.)

godhan69

Jul 27, 2019
Sounds like the recipes array got wiped somehow. Got a save file I can look at or anything else, like what you were doing before the glitch happened?

I think I fixed a glitch a little while ago that wiped all progress on recipes, so perhaps a new game might fix it up (or I might need to tweak debug tool options to make sure it can rebuild the recipes array.)
i think it occurred after finishing potions 2 that was atleast when i noticed, if you need a save i can provide it.

Reactions: hgameartman

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
i think it occurred after finishing potions 2 that was atleast when i noticed, if you need a save i can provide it.
I'll take a look and see what I can do! If you have a save available that would be appreciated in case I can't get it to recreate myself easily (so that I can take a look at the variables, events triggered, get a better grasp on how to recreate it so I can fix it, etc.)

Sometimes, bugs are tricky little things that can be hard to diagnose/fix, but I'll keep doing my best to fix them!

2.70 star(s) 15 Votes