2.70 star(s) 15 Votes

SylvanaHellsing

Mar 22, 2019
Oh for sure it has. I don't have the art skill for it, and technically implementing it with rpgmakers limitations is difficult.

modding support is available to replace all image and sound files, although some research is needed since the model is broken up into several files(face, hair, body, clothes, etc)
So, we can mod the game?

So, you are going to use rpgmakers to the end? Or the idea to change de game engine cross also your mind?

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
are there cheats for this game ?
Debug tool in the tavern, top-left in a cabnet. Make backups of your save! It can corrupt it if you're not careful.

So, we can mod the game?

So, you are going to use rpgmakers to the end? Or the idea to change de game engine cross also your mind?
Going to be using RPGmaker to the end. The main goal with limiting myself to rpgmaker is that if I didn't I would be spending all my time and energy coding, and not practicing my art.
It's got its limitations, but I'm having fun breaking them (making it work with an action rpg format took 4 months before my first release!

My side game, which I'm developing in my free time, is set to release soon...ish for the demo, and is made in Unity (so I can practice UI, basic dialog, and basic unity development).
It's the opposite, the art is all from the main game, and only the story/coding/gameplay is all new! (it's a visual-novel style game, cept with a minigame centered around sex combat/training)

https://f95zone.to/threads/horny-ma...ent-thread-and-discussion.82666/#post-6116635

For modding the main game, you can check out the plugin I use here

Basically, make an override folder in the main game structure, then make a pictures folder (making sure it matches the fles structure of the game!) and then place png images with the same name as the file you want to replace.

Can replace character sprites, bust images, sex animations, audio files, music, etc (basically all images and audio in the game), so you could, for example, make a mod for a new hairstyle to replace the main one! Or change her base body, etc etc!

SylvanaHellsing

Mar 22, 2019
Debug tool in the tavern, top-left in a cabnet. Make backups of your save! It can corrupt it if you're not careful.

Going to be using RPGmaker to the end. The main goal with limiting myself to rpgmaker is that if I didn't I would be spending all my time and energy coding, and not practicing my art.
It's got its limitations, but I'm having fun breaking them (making it work with an action rpg format took 4 months before my first release!

My side game, which I'm developing in my free time, is set to release soon...ish for the demo, and is made in Unity (so I can practice UI, basic dialog, and basic unity development).
It's the opposite, the art is all from the main game, and only the story/coding/gameplay is all new! (it's a visual-novel style game, cept with a minigame centered around sex combat/training)

https://f95zone.to/threads/horny-ma...ent-thread-and-discussion.82666/#post-6116635

For modding the main game, you can check out the plugin I use here

Basically, make an override folder in the main game structure, then make a pictures folder (making sure it matches the fles structure of the game!) and then place png images with the same name as the file you want to replace.

Can replace character sprites, bust images, sex animations, audio files, music, etc (basically all images and audio in the game), so you could, for example, make a mod for a new hairstyle to replace the main one! Or change her base body, etc etc!
But, you can use a game engine like unity for making 2D game no?

Or when you finish to create Horny mage academy, the idea to recreate it with a bigger game engine can be possibly done?

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
But, you can use a game engine like unity for making 2D game no?

Or when you finish to create Horny mage academy, the idea to recreate it with a bigger game engine can be possibly done?
Probably not recreate it (since that would feel redundant) but another game set in the academy would be great in the future after Horny Mage Academy is complete!

Regardless of the direction I go forward with game development after this game (2d, 3d, etc) I'll continue to use 2d artwork for bust images and sex animations since I like drawing a lot!

Recreating the game itself would be... Challenging. RPGmaker handles so much backend stuff (saving, loading, inventory systems, leveling systems, skills, items, equipment, stats, mapping tools, eventing tools, etc etc) that it would likely take me 1-2 years just to get the system into a state that I had similar functionality, and that would be basically full-time work, so I wouldn't be able to get work done on art or development itself (or feed myself! I can only work part-time on gamedev because I gotta work to feed myself for now at a day job!)

Rather than take such a task on as my next game after Horny Mage Academy, it thought I'd start... smaller. Perhaps a cute little simple colony sim? (where you gain units by literal happytime events!)

I'm not talking rimworld/dwarf fortress here either. Super-simple little colony sim with a handful of basic resources and a single map to work on, perhaps with an interesting theme (fantasy raising an army of demon children to fight ala Venus Blood series? Or perhaps sci-fi where you're repopulating a destroyed human race?)

These would be big projects, yes, but not "full RPG alone" level, as far as I can tell, and I can reuse systems and knowledge I gain from them in the future to make an even better game!

But this is all in the future (3+ years minimum) as for now with Horny Mage Academy as the main project the best I can do is a small Visual Novel style game on the side to learn Unity UI and dialog and basic systems (since I hadn't messed with unity since college!)

Reactions: Horacio55555

SylvanaHellsing

Mar 22, 2019
Probably not recreate it (since that would feel redundant) but another game set in the academy would be great in the future after Horny Mage Academy is complete!

Regardless of the direction I go forward with game development after this game (2d, 3d, etc) I'll continue to use 2d artwork for bust images and sex animations since I like drawing a lot!

Recreating the game itself would be... Challenging. RPGmaker handles so much backend stuff (saving, loading, inventory systems, leveling systems, skills, items, equipment, stats, mapping tools, eventing tools, etc etc) that it would likely take me 1-2 years just to get the system into a state that I had similar functionality, and that would be basically full-time work, so I wouldn't be able to get work done on art or development itself (or feed myself! I can only work part-time on gamedev because I gotta work to feed myself for now at a day job!)

Rather than take such a task on as my next game after Horny Mage Academy, it thought I'd start... smaller. Perhaps a cute little simple colony sim? (where you gain units by literal happytime events!)

I'm not talking rimworld/dwarf fortress here either. Super-simple little colony sim with a handful of basic resources and a single map to work on, perhaps with an interesting theme (fantasy raising an army of demon children to fight ala Venus Blood series? Or perhaps sci-fi where you're repopulating a destroyed human race?)

These would be big projects, yes, but not "full RPG alone" level, as far as I can tell, and I can reuse systems and knowledge I gain from them in the future to make an even better game!

But this is all in the future (3+ years minimum) as for now with Horny Mage Academy as the main project the best I can do is a small Visual Novel style game on the side to learn Unity UI and dialog and basic systems (since I hadn't messed with unity since college!)
That's very interresting to talk with the dev imself Haha, thank you for your response

Reactions: hgameartman

foofoo3344

Dec 5, 2017
Good concept. Unfortunately, the Academy's layout is too much of a maze for me. Really made me dizzy. I couldn't play for more than a few hours. I had to stop. Now, just thinking of the layout makes my head hurt.

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
Good concept. Unfortunately, the Academy's layout is too much of a maze for me. Really made me dizzy. I couldn't play for more than a few hours. I had to stop. Now, just thinking of the layout makes my head hurt.
While a little bit of a maze, the map screen in your menu, while outdated, still give the locations fairly well. The upper levels are mostly classrooms, with the second floor generally being magical studies (artifacts, spellcasting, neutral magic, and 2 elements) and the 3rd floor being mostly physical (gym courses, combat magic, a few smaller elemental classes)

It used to be a lot more of a maze, but I broke open a few walls lately to make it more of an open plan, and am still working my way through fixing the maps in terms of layout and size(reducing a lot of them to be more managable!) as I work through revamps slowly.

Reactions: Horacio55555

Horacio55555

Nov 11, 2020
Gods above...
Just finished catching up on the change log. You've done so much in just a few updates! Super great job! :D
Hope you're keeping well and enjoying all time you've spent creating the new art and all <3

Reactions: hgameartman

impetuous person

Jun 2, 2021
thanks for the update friend, 2 questions will there be a monster horse in the future? It's a type of monster that they don't normally add and it's a shame and it would be great if it appeared in this game, 13 (1).jpg , and can you have consensual sex with monsters at some point? Thank you

Reactions: Anonymous lover

DearLegend37

Compressor
Dec 20, 2019
Horny Mage Academy: Dark Tower [v0.22.1] [HGameArtMan] ORIGINAL SIZE 984MB
If you would like to support me you can do so by giving a like :)

Compressed version for WINDOWS (185MB):

This compression is unofficial and may break your game.

Apr 29, 2021
thanks for the update friend, 2 questions will there be a monster horse in the future? It's a type of monster that they don't normally add and it's a shame and it would be great if it appeared in this game, View attachment 1344646 , and can you have consensual sex with monsters at some point? Thank you
mmmhhh ... the idea of the horse monster is a complicated friend because although if it is a monster some would see it as bestiality and not everyone likes it, and the other idea reminds me of nanako and the route of the "goblin bride" would be good that olivia became the cumdump of the monsters of way consensual

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
thanks for the update friend, 2 questions will there be a monster horse in the future? It's a type of monster that they don't normally add and it's a shame and it would be great if it appeared in this game, , and can you have consensual sex with monsters at some point? Thank you
Thanks! Consensual sex with monsters will for sure be added in the future (it's sorta already, as if you don't allow it the crystal of safe returns is supposed to transport you out of danger, or you can force your way out of it at the cost of all mp as a last resort). More directly consensual events with monsters/slimes/demons is for sure planned though! (some fun ideas I had included using the "underground transport" area to house monster friends/lovers when you can customize it better, etc!

mmmhhh ... the idea of the horse monster is a complicated friend because although if it is a monster some would see it as bestiality and not everyone likes it, and the other idea reminds me of nanako and the route of the "goblin bride" would be good that olivia became the cumdump of the monsters of way consensual
As much as I would love to go into the more stranger ones like horsemen, I don't think I will be able to for this reason. I think patreon would ban me in a heartbeat for it.

impetuous person

Jun 2, 2021
Thanks! Consensual sex with monsters will for sure be added in the future (it's sorta already, as if you don't allow it the crystal of safe returns is supposed to transport you out of danger, or you can force your way out of it at the cost of all mp as a last resort). More directly consensual events with monsters/slimes/demons is for sure planned though! (some fun ideas I had included using the "underground transport" area to house monster friends/lovers when you can customize it better, etc!

As much as I would love to go into the more stranger ones like horsemen, I don't think I will be able to for this reason. I think patreon would ban me in a heartbeat for it.
ouch ... it's a shame about the horse monsters but now I understand why they don't appear in the games h, it's great! That I can have consensual relationships with monsters is not that I dislike monsters rape but it is good that I can fuck with them voluntarily, I hope that Olivia can also become the lover of multiple monsters at the same time, that would be great, 46 (1).gif another question olivia can become the "communal bride" of the tribe?For example, there is a tribe of orcs and Olivia decides to "deepen" her relationship with the tribe and could become a kind of "communal girlfriend" of the tribe, is there that possibility in the future?

Aug 11, 2018
I played this game like a year ago and I'm eager to try this update it however I have a question, I cant move with the arrow keys, is there some way to enable it?
Also this hall seem to be bugged I cannot leave it from this side 1628600407666.png

2.70 star(s) 15 Votes