Taka@LumphornGames

Game Developer
May 15, 2018
I've uploaded a hotfix to address the looping/crashing bug while using the skip function. To install, extract archive.rpa and copy it into the /game folder, overwriting the old file.

Reactions: International

cormac69

Nov 12, 2020
Why does Adel's face look like a 90 year old garden gnome? Game play is good, but some of their faces look like melted wax after a coal fire.

Taka@LumphornGames

Game Developer
May 15, 2018
I think some of the ugliness is caused by the expressions being used and the DEV not using something like the expression smoother for genesis 8 female and male which smooths out wrinkles and stuff when doing expressions.
I wasn't actually aware of this tool's existence! Thanks for the tip. I've just bought it.

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
Horton Bay Stories - Jake [v0.1.1a] [Lumphorn Games] crunched

Original / Compressed Size PC: 2,89 GB / 707 MB - Horton_Bay_Stories_Jake-v0.1.1a-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 2,88 GB / 689 MB - Horton_Bay_Stories_Jake-v0.1.1a-mac-crunched.zip

Download (PC/Mac): - - MediaFire

(y)L O A D 'n' L I K E - If you L O A D it then L I K E it!(y) If not, like it anyway! (y) Thanks! ;)

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

Tools:
UnRen v0.91 (Sam@f95zone) - YAC v3.1c (hngg@f95zone) - -

Last edited:

BOBJevent

Feb 23, 2020
trying to download the hotfix and get this message from Google Chrome "This file is dangerous, so Chrome has blocked it". :(

Taka@LumphornGames

Game Developer
May 15, 2018
trying to download the hotfix and get this message from Google Chrome "This file is dangerous, so Chrome has blocked it". :(

Maybe it's workupload. Here's a Mega link instead. I guarantee that the only thing inside the rar file is archive.rpa.

Reactions: BOBJevent

Camel

Jun 8, 2017
the non-ntr intro could use a tiny bit of polishing...

Last edited:

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Doing a full replay...but now the boardwalk is locked, so I can't get to the eye doctor to continue that side quest.

Additionally, I'm supposed to buy a morning after pill since I totally creampied Adel. However, the story progresses a full day immediately after the party. Not a big deal, as it seems you can still continue the quest, but unrealistic. It's called "morning after" for a reason ;)

Taka@LumphornGames

Game Developer
May 15, 2018
Doing a full replay...but now the boardwalk is locked, so I can't get to the eye doctor to continue that side quest.

Additionally, I'm supposed to buy a morning after pill since I totally creampied Adel. However, the story progresses a full day immediately after the party. Not a big deal, as it seems you can still continue the quest, but unrealistic. It's called "morning after" for a reason ;)
Speaking to:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
should unlock the boardwalk.

And good shout about the morning after pill. Didn't actually consider that to be honest. Although, you do spend the best part of that day in bed with booze rot. I'll have a think about giving an extra day to complete that particular quest.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Speaking to:
should unlock the boardwalk.

And good shout about the morning after pill. Didn't actually consider that to be honest. Although, you do spend the best part of that day in bed with booze rot. I'll have a think about giving an extra day to complete that particular quest.
Yeap, I talked to that person already to start the quest. It still doesn't let me go there. The only thing I did differently this playthrough, was I did go exploring around the town a bit during free mode before starting that quest. Not sure if that might set a variable or something differently.

EDIT: I was able to the complete the morning after pill quest...and now that I've actually looked it up again, some allow up to 3-5 days to take it. So I guess you don't need to do anything different there.

Last edited:

Taka@LumphornGames

Game Developer
May 15, 2018
Yeap, I talked to that person already to start the quest. It still doesn't let me go there. The only thing I did differently this playthrough, was I did go exploring around the town a bit during free mode before starting that quest. Not sure if that might set a variable or something differently.
It shouldn't have any impact. Did you visit at noon while he's on break?

If you're inclined to use the console, you can enter the following:
to unlock it (or any location for that matter, using the same syntax)

But I'll probably add a few more ways to unlock various locations as the game progresses.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
It shouldn't have any impact. Did you visit at noon while he's on break?

If you're inclined to use the console, you can enter the following:
to unlock it (or any location for that matter, using the same syntax)

But I'll probably add a few more ways to unlock various locations as the game progresses.
Yeap, I tried on different days exactly at noon each time, but still locked. Even went back to the clinic and talked to the girl again.

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
I'm interested in seeing more,but Dev definitely needs to fix some faces. Some are fine,and some are nightmare fuel.

As to Mc's gf giving him a call later in the game. I hope the MC can tell her to go fuck herself.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fun Shaundi

Taka@LumphornGames

Game Developer
May 15, 2018
Looking at the code now, and it seems like it should work just fine.
The conditions that it's looking for when speaking to Brenda are for it to be 12:00pm and for the docjoneskeys integer to be 0. I'm wondering if there's a chance something is messing with the quest stage. I don't suppose you've got unren or have unlocked the console? This way by typing in "print docjoneskeys" it'll let you know if it's been altered. If not, it's no problem, but I'm certainly curious to know.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Looking at the code now, and it seems like it should work just fine.
The conditions that it's looking for when speaking to Brenda are for it to be 12:00pm and for the docjoneskeys integer to be 0. I'm wondering if there's a chance something is messing with the quest stage. I don't suppose you've got unren or have unlocked the console? This way by typing in "print docjoneskeys" it'll let you know if it's been altered. If not, it's no problem, but I'm certainly curious to know.
How does one unlock the console? I'm willing to give it a try.

3.30 star(s) 60 Votes