Taka@LumphornGames

Game Developer
May 15, 2018
How does one unlock the console? I'm willing to give it a try.
You can either type the following into options.rpy:

init -1:
python hide:
config.developer = True

edit: sorry, the forum didn't save the tab spacing.. it's one tab for the second line and two tabs for the third

making sure to keep the indents as I've shown. Or you can just grab the latest version of unren, and run it from the root folder of the game.
After doing either method, pressing ctrl+O will open up the menu

Reactions: GetOutOfMyLab

PederSilver5

Aug 18, 2020
Thank you :)
Not being able to sleep is due to free roam being off. When this is the case, it usually means you're in the middle of a story that needs to be played out before you can continue - check the objectives menu if you're unsure.
A couple of people have mentioned this to me so far, so I may consider changing this feature later to save some confusion, we'll see.
As for Abrahms and the MC's Mother, well . . . Let's just say I've already written some scenes. You're not bang on the money, but I don't think you'll be too disappointed either :)
Id rather not see Abrams and the mother, that cocky bastard should instead take it up the backside for being a dick in general, if you try to ruin the future of someone who has done nothing to you, you deserve that karmic reward.

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

Taka@LumphornGames

Game Developer
May 15, 2018
Id rather not see Abrams and the mother, that cocky bastard should instead take it up the backside for being a dick in general, if you try to ruin the future of someone who has done nothing to you, you deserve that karmic reward.
I agree with that statement, for sure. Though I was perhaps a little too vague with that post. It's sometimes difficult to answer direct questions about the plot without giving away too many spoilers. So I'll put it this way: Have we seen the last of Abrahms? No. Will he ever meet your Mother? If he does, I haven't written it yet.

Reactions: PederSilver5

PederSilver5

Aug 18, 2020
Where is the Hall2 camera isn't it the window that faces the brick wall? NVM found it, thought it would be in its designated name loc, but I suppose it sort of covers it from a long distance.

Last edited:

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Looking at the code now, and it seems like it should work just fine.
The conditions that it's looking for when speaking to Brenda are for it to be 12:00pm and for the docjoneskeys integer to be 0. I'm wondering if there's a chance something is messing with the quest stage. I don't suppose you've got unren or have unlocked the console? This way by typing in "print docjoneskeys" it'll let you know if it's been altered. If not, it's no problem, but I'm certainly curious to know.
I've tried a few times:
1631470451058.png

The firs two just did nothing. Using the quotes, it just displayed this:

1631470499487.png

Taka@LumphornGames

Game Developer
May 15, 2018
I've tried a few times:
View attachment 1401744

The firs two just did nothing. Using the quotes, it just displayed this:

View attachment 1401749
Okay, that's more than a little odd. It's as if it's not seeing the variable. But I'm looking right at it on my screen.

Try typing:
docjoneskeys = 0

then go back to the clinic at 12 and speak to Brenda. If that doesn't work then I'm not sure what's going here and will have to look through the whole thing again.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Okay, that's more than a little odd. It's as if it's not seeing the variable. But I'm looking right at it on my screen.

Try typing:
docjoneskeys = 0

then go back to the clinic at 12 and speak to Brenda. If that doesn't work then I'm not sure what's going here and will have to look through the whole thing again.
Doing this reset the dialogue with Brenda where she tells you he usually takes his break at 12:00, but unfortunately, boardwalk still locked.

Taka@LumphornGames

Game Developer
May 15, 2018
I'm going to do a run through of the game and see if I can replicate this. Code looks fine, but obviously something is messing with it somewhere.

Taka@LumphornGames

Game Developer
May 15, 2018
Nope:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And when I go to the beach and try to navigate there with the arrow:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Okay, well as a quickfix workaround for now, you can type:

boardwalkavailable = True

to unlock it manually. I'll see if I can find what's up with it.

Also, thanks for helping out!

Reactions: GetOutOfMyLab

Taka@LumphornGames

Game Developer
May 15, 2018
Coming straight from the bookstore after getting the job, then heading to the clinic works 100%, as does going back on a different day. And there's really nothing else that should get anywhere near the variables used.

o_O <--- Confused.

Might have a re-think about the manner in which the map is unlocked. Not a fan of random problems that don't appear to have a logical fix!

Has anyone else experienced the Boardwalk remaining locked when on the Doc Jones quest?

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Taka@LumphornGames

Don't forget when using something like unren to unlock the console that if you hit shift + D when a save is loaded you'll bring up the developer menu where you can then click on variable viewer to see what all variables are active in the game.

Taka@LumphornGames

Game Developer
May 15, 2018
Taka@LumphornGames

Don't forget when using something like unren to unlock the console that if you hit shift + D when a save is loaded you'll bring up the developer menu where you can then click on variable viewer to see what all variables are active in the game.
Yes, that's true. But it's quicker to simply ask for a print statement than to ask someone to go looking through a list :)

Domdeyso

Jan 23, 2018
We'll see Carly and that one who has sex with the teacher again. I wanted to see Carly just to give her a little humiliation, and the other one because I think she's cool.

Taka@LumphornGames

Game Developer
May 15, 2018
We'll see Carly and that one who has sex with the teacher again. I wanted to see Carly just to give her a little humiliation, and the other one because I think she's cool.
You'll get some closure with Carly. As for Jenna, I haven't actually written anything more for her yet, but I have had a few ideas that might involve her. Though nothing that slots into the main story. Perhaps as a side arc.

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin
3.30 star(s) 60 Votes