Deleted member 3736450

Game Developer
May 25, 2021
I would play it. I tried to make a Game by my self. But im to stupid for the Chat Editor ^_^

Alright! I will try to smooth it out a little more since I noticed some errors in the test version. Sometimes the node choices don't show up and then it has to roll back or start from the beginning. Hopefully in the future there will be a way to save your progress as your have to restart.

Obrecht13

Jun 12, 2017
I would play it too, Rick!

Also Prinzessfreya, when I was making my little game (posted 1 page back) I first used the CGM program to open Hot Dating to look under the hood. You could also use CGM to open my game. That can help you get some clues on how to get started. I did it in a pretty simple way, putting the whole game on just 1 node of the chart.

Basically you use CGM to create a new js file, then you load it, then you create a character on the character tab, then you create a new app on the app tab (below "App Store", "images", and "Awards". Then you click on the new app you just created and go to "chart" and that's where you make your game. Nightdrop also helped me over DM when I had questions and I'm sure he'd help you too if you want to give it a try. It's actually really fun making a game once you get the hang of it!

Deleted member 3736450

Game Developer
May 25, 2021
I would play it too, Rick!

Also Prinzessfreya, when I was making my little game (posted 1 page back) I first used the CGM program to open Hot Dating to look under the hood. You could also use CGM to open my game. That can help you get some clues on how to get started. I did it in a pretty simple way, putting the whole game on just 1 node of the chart.

Basically you use CGM to create a new js file, then you load it, then you create a character on the character tab, then you create a new app on the app tab (below "App Store", "images", and "Awards". Then you click on the new app you just created and go to "chart" and that's where you make your game. Nightdrop also helped me over DM when I had questions and I'm sure he'd help you too if you want to give it a try. It's actually really fun making a game once you get the hang of it!

Thanks!!!! I had some free time today so I was working on it. I think I should be able to post a rough version sometime next week!

Nightdrop

Chat Game Maker
Game Developer
Nov 17, 2018
I would play it. I tried to make a Game by my self. But im to stupid for the Chat Editor ^_^
I need to create a video tutorial or something. Will add this to my to do list/roadmap :)

I need a few people to test my game for errors and some insight on any changes. Can anyone interested send me a message so I can get some feedback?! Thanks!!!!!
Of course, replied to the dm. I'm sure others will want to try it out too.

Nightdrop

Chat Game Maker
Game Developer
Nov 17, 2018
why do updates take so long if the game is so simple?
Hi, I know - I wish I could get more done, and faster. I have a full time job and honestly the game isn't as simple as it may appear - I am developing the engine as well as the game including the renders (yes, trying to work on those again too) and the website (I've made some good updates there in terms of a new members area for patrons, but still a WIP). I believe there will be a turning point where gameplay focused releases are primarily what I am working on, in which case they would be more frequent even with me working full time, at least that's the goal. If Patron support did hit a high enough amount of support I'd honestly quit my job (I am 100% over it).

You may however like to check out the other games made by the community/f95 members. Obrecht13 has one (see OP), there's a modded version by NG Creative, and rickrick69 has one coming soon I believe (or you can DM to ask for earlier version to test, perhaps).

Deleted member 3736450

Game Developer
May 25, 2021
Thanks for the shout out Nightdrop!

I have made some more progress on my game. If you would like to play test it before I formally post it please let me know. The feedback I have received and the help from Nightdrop has been amazing. Hope to finalize it soon. BTW, I also have a full time job and my game is just a passion project so I now totally understand why sometimes updates can be slow.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nightdrop

jeppeofdarkness

Mar 17, 2022
Hey, im sorry this is probably i stupid question, but i can't manage to get the game to work when i have downloaded it and extracted it. Are you supposed to do something special? i can only see an install app thing etc. I would appriciate some help!!!

Nightdrop

Chat Game Maker
Game Developer
Nov 17, 2018
Hey, im sorry this is probably i stupid question, but i can't manage to get the game to work when i have downloaded it and extracted it. Are you supposed to do something special? i can only see an install app thing etc. I would appriciate some help!!!
You need to open the .html file in there to play the game. If using mobile or pc, I recommend Chrome web browser, but it should work in others too.

Deleted member 3736450

Game Developer
May 25, 2021
click on the html link. The game opens in your default browser

Deleted member 3736450

Game Developer
May 25, 2021
I realized the last build I sent out was the entire folder which is harder to download so here is my latest build for the followers of this thread to try. Please DM me with recommendations both positive and negative. I really enjoy building the game so the more feedback the better!

ayy

Sep 14, 2016
I realized the last build I sent out was the entire folder which is harder to download so here is my latest build for the followers of this thread to try. Please DM me with recommendations both positive and negative. I really enjoy building the game so the more feedback the better!

Mega
So I played the game for a little bit. I think you have a good setup so far, although I had to turn it off once the GF became an accomplice to the cheating. My personal preference would be a setup where the GF doesn't know MC is cheating on her with the women she sends his way, but you're the mind behind the project here.

That said, I think you're making good use of the format. Probably could do without the hints, but I imagine you placed them there for continuity purposes so you don't talk to a character and miss plot.

I think there is a lot of potential in this project, good stuff. We will follow your career with great interest.

mrchubq

Nov 12, 2018

Mega
I played it too. It was fun. I have the same opinion as ayy the thing I didn't like is my gf is not only know that I am cheating she wants me to share stuff with her. I mean thats kinda not happening in my head? I guess. I get why you did that tho. Some of the pictures we cant get otherwise. I don't know it was fun.

Obrecht13

Jun 12, 2017
I think the idea of a story where the GF was an accomplice to cheating without knowing it would be fun. It would too drastically change Rickrick's story, but it would make a good separate story on it's own. Seeing lines like "I'm so glad I gave you Ella's number and you've been hanging out and having fun" would be cool in a scenario where you are really banging Ella. But yeah, that would be more of an entirely different story since the main genre of this is supposed to be cuckqueen.

I played the previous version without the hints and then the new version with the hints and I think the hints help a lot. In the first version I ended up doing things out of order at one point. Like if you go too fast without hints then suddenly you'll be telling Tiffany all about your night with Ella even though you never even talked to Ella.

Deleted member 3736450

Game Developer
May 25, 2021
Thank you both for your feedback. I will be starting a thread soon for my game. Let’s shift the focus back to nightdrop’s game and his cgm engine which is the reason why I could even make anything in the first place!

Reactions: ayy and Nightdrop
3.90 star(s) 9 Votes