Nightdrop

Chat Game Maker
Game Developer
Nov 17, 2018
Nightdrop
Will there be new NTR/cuck/sharing content in the 0.6 (0.5 already on Patreon, correct?), with the GF or with some of the other girls? And same question for soft/gentle/manipulative femdom ;)
Thank you for the great work, and good luck!
NTR/cuck/sharing content in 0.6 is unlikely however the revised storyline includes each main character having one vanilla route (including romance and some of what I believe to be "lighter" kinks) and one kink route (some kinks overlap so there are likely multiple per this one route). If you want soft/gentle femdom or if you want to push it a bit further, you should be able to - all depends on how well the new mechanics work to be honest! Rebecca will be the girl you want to follow mainly for this type of kink; other characters will have different kinks. Side characters will also be introduced and eventually make up even more gameplay than the main storyline - this is intentional and allows me to add what Patrons want most, but still centralise everything around one core idea.

Also, yes 0.5 is on Patreon - and thanks I'll continue to do my very best!

Eticketjedi

Jul 15, 2022
There's definitely a great foundation here.

There are a few non adult chat games like this out on the market, so having an adult variant is nice.

When it comes to actual encounters, you're sort of in the right ballpark with the stories. Once you get to the point of being physical with the dates, maybe you can have text overlaying static art of the girl and a blank mc doing the deed. That may be one way to implement it. If they ever get to that point then you obviously need to take the phone out of the equation. The stories you have now are a decent way to do it.

The current interactions in v4 are solid but I noticed a couple of quirks. I did the initial conversation with Isabel, then did the story where Katy shows up while at the cafe. At the end of the interaction Isabel decided she wanted to be more than friends. Great. Then she texted about her bad day. We decided to meet up and she said she was looking forward to meeting for the first time.

Again, I think you have some real potential with this. It almost seems like you're split between two project though and trying to stick them together. I think both could be great on their own.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nightdrop

Nightdrop

Chat Game Maker
Game Developer
Nov 17, 2018
There's definitely a great foundation here.

There are a few non adult chat games like this out on the market, so having an adult variant is nice.

When it comes to actual encounters, you're sort of in the right ballpark with the stories. Once you get to the point of being physical with the dates, maybe you can have text overlaying static art of the girl and a blank mc doing the deed. That may be one way to implement it. If they ever get to that point then you obviously need to take the phone out of the equation. The stories you have now are a decent way to do it.

The current interactions in v4 are solid but I noticed a couple of quirks. I did the initial conversation with Isabel, then did the story where Katy shows up while at the cafe. At the end of the interaction Isabel decided she wanted to be more than friends. Great. Then she texted about her bad day. We decided to meet up and she said she was looking forward to meeting for the first time.

Again, I think you have some real potential with this. It almost seems like you're split between two project though and trying to stick them together. I think both could be great on their own.
Thanks, I appreciate the feedback a lot! I want to make the game as best as I possibly can. I'm not sure if I've mentioned this anywhere yet but the goal is to have characters meet up with the player through dates and such, kind of like you said, which is of course quite visual-novel style, but it works, and POV is essential for this kind of game in my opinion, I want the player to feel immersed in the game.

One problem I encountered with Hot Dating is that I lacked time to put into character planning and lacked a detailed storyline plan to tie everything together, so there are some quirks/mistakes that haven't been fixed (and won't need to be since a lot of old content is being replaced). So much is being changed and worked on continually, alongside CGM, which you are correct, it is like having 2 projects.

We've had I believe 1 mod, 1 port and 1 complete new game so far for CGM. Hopefully it will continue to grow, for which I want to ensure I provide the right tools for everyone who decides to try it out. I'm super thankful for my Patrons and everyone who's giving feedback and helping me out on this journey (it's getting there and I'm really excited about it). I enjoy the time I get to spent on both my own story and CGM, so even if they aren't wildly popular I'll be keeping at it.

Deleted member 3736450

Game Developer
May 25, 2021
Thanks, I appreciate the feedback a lot! I want to make the game as best as I possibly can. I'm not sure if I've mentioned this anywhere yet but the goal is to have characters meet up with the player through dates and such, kind of like you said, which is of course quite visual-novel style, but it works, and POV is essential for this kind of game in my opinion, I want the player to feel immersed in the game.

One problem I encountered with Hot Dating is that I lacked time to put into character planning and lacked a detailed storyline plan to tie everything together, so there are some quirks/mistakes that haven't been fixed (and won't need to be since a lot of old content is being replaced). So much is being changed and worked on continually, alongside CGM, which you are correct, it is like having 2 projects.

We've had I believe 1 mod, 1 port and 1 complete new game so far for CGM. Hopefully it will continue to grow, for which I want to ensure I provide the right tools for everyone who decides to try it out. I'm super thankful for my Patrons and everyone who's giving feedback and helping me out on this journey (it's getting there and I'm really excited about it). I enjoy the time I get to spent on both my own story and CGM, so even if they aren't wildly popular I'll be keeping at it.
Yes! Many thanks for everything you do!!! Nightdrop has helped me so much creating my game. I recommend everyone checking out CGM as it opened the door for me to get into coding and future game development :D

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nightdrop

Nightdrop

Chat Game Maker
Game Developer
Nov 17, 2018
More or game with potential being abandoned... F
Not abandoned! Working through big changes to the game and the software I am building for it. Development is slow due to the scope of it, plus it is kind of like having 2 projects. I can't really change that with current funds/funding, or with my day job taking up so much of my time either.

I am considering rushing out some content just because it has been so long since the last release, it's just that it would definitely look rushed and only serve to slow development down further, but an idea I have is to just shift focus to introducing/building on a side character which shouldn't be too hard to reintegrate with the revised storyline.

Luvcock

Apr 7, 2021
Could anyone here help me with *How to install a game to the player file*

I copied my saved game file (.js file) into the games folder but it still says when the html opens that I don't have an installed js game. What could I be doing wrong? ***I have tried to open the Install-games-here.js file but it won't open!*** Do I need Javascript?

Deleted member 3736450

Game Developer
May 25, 2021
Could anyone here help me with *How to install a game to the player file*

I copied my saved game file (.js file) into the games folder but it still says when the html opens that I don't have an installed js game. What could I be doing wrong? ***I have tried to open the Install-games-here.js file but it won't open!*** Do I need Javascript?
Did you create a game with the chat game maker? You also have to edit one of the text files with the name of the js file. There should be a read me file instructing you how to do this

Luvcock

Apr 7, 2021
Yes created a game with the chat game maker.(small just to test)
Do I rename "install-game-here.js" to my game file name?
I read the instructions but it just tells me to open the "install-game-here" file, but when I double click on it, it doesn't do anything of notice.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3736450

Game Developer
May 25, 2021
Yes created a game with the chat game maker.(small just to test)
Do I rename "install-game-here.js" to my game file name?
I read the instructions but it just tells me to open the "install-game-here" file, but when I double click on it, it doesn't do anything of notice.
Kinda, that.js file is a text file. Open it with a text editor and follow the instructions. Then add the name of the game to the exact name of the js file

Reactions: Luvcock

Luvcock

Apr 7, 2021
Nope :( trying everything

Attached SS below, game's name is wgrs

and THX for helping :)

Last edited:

Nightdrop

Chat Game Maker
Game Developer
Nov 17, 2018
Nope :( trying everything

Attached SS below, game's name is wgrs

and THX for helping :)
Hey, at first glance this looks like an issue with the web browser, or a file permissions error. Microsoft Edge may not allow local JavaScript files to be run, meaning the games "data" won't be accessible; the CGM player would then report there are no games because it could not access/load the game data.

My suggestion is to try either of these:
a) Try a different web browser (probably easiest)
b) In Edge browser, check the network activity to see if the .js files are being loaded.
c) Make sure you have administrative rights when running the CGM player. Should be able to do this by right-click > run as admin.

If all of these things fail to find a solution, you should check if you can run another existing game by copying its .js file and installing it the same way you did with your game.

Nightdrop

Chat Game Maker
Game Developer
Nov 17, 2018
any femdom currently ingame?
Only a little bit. Content for sub/dom preferences will be in new versions.

Just want to remind everyone the project is still underway, and to say sadly, nothing new to release just yet (ugh, I know :(). Thanks for the patience everyone; I want to deliver great gameplay content, and a lot of it actually, so I made the decision to take the longer approach, involving educating myself and focusing on the software side of it all, while adding content ideas quite frequently haha, but ultimately this will give the best tools for the job!

Nightdrop

Chat Game Maker
Game Developer
Nov 17, 2018
Here is the latest . It includes a Save/Load feature as the major update to it. There are other features but, some incomplete fixes were needed for the Event Groups (I'd recommend not using Events/Stories in your game if you use this version). With me now working on the new "edition" of CGM, 4.1 is the last release for this "edition" CGM. Due to the issues mentioned above, I will keep it as an unofficial one (off the website).

Reactions: Satiro
3.90 star(s) 9 Votes