Nightdrop

Chat Game Maker
Game Developer
Nov 17, 2018
Thank you both for your feedback. I will be starting a thread soon for my game. Let’s shift the focus back to nightdrop’s game and his cgm engine which is the reason why I could even make anything in the first place!
I will eventually see about making a thread for CGM, just don't know where to put it lol. Ideally I could also have a list for CGM games too since there's no thread-tag for the engine (who knows, maybe one day!)

Looking forward to seeing your thread and more updates. With the releases we've got so far for CGM, I mean I may be bias but I think it's looking promising. I know that I have plans, beyond Hot Dating ;)

ayy

Sep 14, 2016
I think the CGM engine you have built here is incredible Nightdrop. If you could figure out a way to merge it onto a platform like Renpy, I'd imagine you'd be providing coding solutions to a lot of the AG dev community and potentially beyond since adding texting platforms apparently creates huge buggy messes.

Nightdrop

Chat Game Maker
Game Developer
Nov 17, 2018
I think the CGM engine you have built here is incredible Nightdrop. If you could figure out a way to merge it onto a platform like Renpy, I'd imagine you'd be providing coding solutions to a lot of the AG dev community and potentially beyond since adding texting platforms apparently creates huge buggy messes.
Thank you! Actually, that's something I want to look into, however the engines are built on different frameworks which makes it rather difficult. I would like to include the ability to make pure visual novel games with CGM as well, although the focus is on mobile/chat-focused games for now!

ayy

Sep 14, 2016
Thank you! Actually, that's something I want to look into, however the engines are built on different frameworks which makes it rather difficult. I would like to include the ability to make pure visual novel games with CGM as well, although the focus is on mobile/chat-focused games for now!

I feel you're filling out a niche with mobile/chat focused games. Often times I find the texting aspect is a very nice complement to CGM games, but is often botched or half-assed. Its nice to be able to play a game that focuses on that specifically. From my personal perspective, maximizing interactivity with the "smartphone" your game is based off of would be a huge draw, personally. That and the lewd texting and flirting, of course :p

Nightdrop

Chat Game Maker
Game Developer
Nov 17, 2018
I think having a full working concept makes more sense than putting it on the back burner in hopes you sell the software.
Just wondering what you mean? I assume you are talking about Hot Dating and CGM - I am not putting things on hold to sell software (or do you mean Patreon?) :)

Josephkink_2H

Aug 15, 2020
I think the idea of a story where the GF was an accomplice to cheating without knowing it would be fun. It would too drastically change Rickrick's story, but it would make a good separate story on it's own. Seeing lines like "I'm so glad I gave you Ella's number and you've been hanging out and having fun" would be cool in a scenario where you are really banging Ella. But yeah, that would be more of an entirely different story since the main genre of this is supposed to be cuckqueen.

I played the previous version without the hints and then the new version with the hints and I think the hints help a lot. In the first version I ended up doing things out of order at one point. Like if you go too fast without hints then suddenly you'll be telling Tiffany all about your night with Ella even though you never even talked to Ella.
I've downloaded both Hot Dating and Life-Coaching-For-Confidence. I added it to the install-apps file here:
/Add app file names here ( add in the format: 'file-name.js', ):
'Life-Coaching-For-Confidence/Life-Coaching-For-Confidence.js',

I've moved the js file plus the images from the game folder to the App folder in Hot Dating folder. What els do I need to add to make it work in the Hot Dating game?

Reactions: Obrecht13

Obrecht13

Jun 12, 2017
I've downloaded both Hot Dating and Life-Coaching-For-Confidence. I added it to the install-apps file here:

I've moved the js file plus the images from the game folder to the App folder in Hot Dating folder. What els do I need to add to make it work in the Hot Dating game?

Just to clarify, you got Life Coaching for Confidence to work first as a standalone game right? And now you want to add it to the Hot Dating game?

I was just fiddling with it and couldn't figure it out either. I think Nightdrop would need to edit his default.js file within the app folder so that it looks for other js files. I'm not sure though, he'll probably see this soon and can weigh in.

Deleted member 3736450

Game Developer
May 25, 2021
To be honest I would just keep them separate as the CGM program is very specific to the location of the images and the syntax within the .js files. Sometimes I had everything perfect and I have noticed errors when I was moving the images for my game. Hope that helps!

Reactions: Nightdrop

Nightdrop

Chat Game Maker
Game Developer
Nov 17, 2018

Does it not work for you? I believe that game was released pre-installed so you shouldn't need to move it into a copy of Hot Dating to run it.

Moving forward, all new releases of CGM games (built with Chat Game Maker 0.4.0 or newer) will no longer need to install anything, it is done for you when exporting your game(s).

Nightdrop

Chat Game Maker
Game Developer
Nov 17, 2018
I wanted to leave a quick update here; I am away for a couple of weeks from work. Trying to get what I can done but I am also away from home, so for the time being I am just doing planning and written content via laptop and by that I mean during any chances I can without people looking over my shoulder haha... had one person snooping on my screen, she gave me some "strange" looks for sure haha :ROFLMAO:

Deleted member 3736450

Game Developer
May 25, 2021
I wanted to leave a quick update here; I am away for a couple of weeks from work. Trying to get what I can done but I am also away from home, so for the time being I am just doing planning and written content via laptop and by that I mean during any chances I can without people looking over my shoulder haha... had one person snooping on my screen, she gave me some "strange" looks for sure haha :ROFLMAO:
Oh no! Thanks for the update! Can't wait to see what is coming next!

• Red Heart

hielo_seco

Aug 4, 2019
What will it take(technically speaking) to make other engines able to use CGM like renpy or unreal (IE, I would imagine it as the phone interface of something like BADICK), is that even possible?

Nightdrop

Chat Game Maker
Game Developer
Nov 17, 2018
What will it take(technically speaking) to make other engines able to use CGM like renpy or unreal (IE, I would imagine it as the phone interface of something like BADICK), is that even possible?
A couple of ideas for this.

Have separate CGM games (html files) loaded into renpy/unreal/etc (assuming they can open a browser and select the html files to be run) - this isn't likely efficient though, and data wouldn't persist across those (not without some kind of mechanism for it).

Or, when the features are there, use CGMs "Events" to build a game visually similar to a renpy one and have a virtual mobile phone added as an extra thing; it's hard to imagine this now since CGM is meant for "chat" games, but with what I have in mind, it should be entirely possible to replace the need to use renpy entirely.

As it would be a shame for an unreal game to not have a 3d mobile phone, I'd actually recommend some unreal code that can instead just interpret the .js file that make up your CGM game - in otherwords, an "unreal" edition of the "cgm player" - you could still use the "cgm editor" to make your game that way.

hielo_seco

Aug 4, 2019
A couple of ideas for this.

Have separate CGM games (html files) loaded into renpy/unreal/etc (assuming they can open a browser and select the html files to be run) - this isn't likely efficient though, and data wouldn't persist across those (not without some kind of mechanism for it).

Or, when the features are there, use CGMs "Events" to build a game visually similar to a renpy one and have a virtual mobile phone added as an extra thing; it's hard to imagine this now since CGM is meant for "chat" games, but with what I have in mind, it should be entirely possible to replace the need to use renpy entirely.

As it would be a shame for an unreal game to not have a 3d mobile phone, I'd actually recommend some unreal code that can instead just interpret the .js file that make up your CGM game - in otherwords, an "unreal" edition of the "cgm player" - you could still use the "cgm editor" to make your game that way.
Nice hints, if I ever retake unreal and real life let me will probably try. I think interfacing to other engines so cgm could be used as a component for games would be so cool!

MausMaus

Aug 2, 2018
Is this game still being worked on or what? Been 5 months since an update now, has it been put on hold or abandoned or what?

Deleted member 3736450

Game Developer
May 25, 2021
Is this game still being worked on or what? Been 5 months since an update now, has it been put on hold or abandoned or what?
Here is his last update a few weeks back. He is quick to respond so hopefully he will chime in soon

Nightdrop

Chat Game Maker
Game Developer
Nov 17, 2018
Yes still being worked on; I would say it's facing delays more than anything. Decisions to rebuild the main storyline and lots of day-job pressures, alongside CGM feature requirements have made it difficult to get a new release out.

Here's a brief to-do:
- Consolidate and finalise revision plans for Hot Dating main storyline
- Get save/load feature complete and get CGM out (will most likely be last version released before a new edition/reworked CGM is announced)
- Next Hot Dating release to be completed
- and lots more

Anyway, hopefully I can get something out sooner than later, I am pushing forward with the game and editor as much as I can

Axel34

Jan 5, 2019
Nightdrop
Will there be new NTR/cuck/sharing content in the 0.6 (0.5 already on Patreon, correct?), with the GF or with some of the other girls? And same question for soft/gentle/manipulative femdom ;)
Thank you for the great work, and good luck!

3.90 star(s) 9 Votes