Nightdrop

Chat Game Maker
Game Developer
Nov 17, 2018
What does the "God Mode" do, exactly?
For now it enables rewind buttons next to most messages, so you can basically undo any choice easily. I'll look at suggestions for more features to add to it over time :)

Reactions: Led

Nightdrop

Chat Game Maker
Game Developer
Nov 17, 2018
Is this Katy going to be implemented, too? You know, Isabel's friend? Besides, I love the future addition of Jodi, Rebecca's mum. Oh, and last but not least, will it all be just chatting or will there be an option in the game to actually meet? That would top it off, in my opinion.
Most likely Katy will make an appearance :)

I've had ideas previously for actually meeting the characters and how that would be handled. I'm looking for suggestions, but to create more content I'm likely moving towards a "less renders, more text content" approach. I'll need to do a poll on this for sure!

Reactions: Led

DroopyLoving

Dec 27, 2017
I really like this game so far. It's obviously very early in development, but i'm liking it.
An idea - You don't have to actually run the date through the game, you could get to the date and then get a photo gallery of what you got up to on the date. Maybe you could have control of where you go etc (texting beforehand) and possibly have situations like the other girls texting you on the date, but the hook here is that you're not in the real world you're just controlling the phone world aspects of the character.

I'm probably not going to play this for a few versions, but hope you up the image count in future versions. Can't wait to see those Rebecca with other men photos.

Nightdrop

Chat Game Maker
Game Developer
Nov 17, 2018
How do you plan to do this? Since the game UI is basically a mobile phone, will there be another view?
The options I can think of are a) switch UI to an interactive or non-interactive story mode or b) you dont experience meeting them, just get messages after-the-fact as if you already did meet them.

Some of my other ideas that I no longer like and very likely wont do are to just have a pop-up with a brief meeting description. Another idea was to have a separate game which lets you play those scenes out, but that would be too much work.

Reactions: DroopyLoving

Nightdrop

Chat Game Maker
Game Developer
Nov 17, 2018
I really like this game so far. It's obviously very early in development, but i'm liking it.
An idea - You don't have to actually run the date through the game, you could get to the date and then get a photo gallery of what you got up to on the date. Maybe you could have control of where you go etc (texting beforehand) and possibly have situations like the other girls texting you on the date, but the hook here is that you're not in the real world you're just controlling the phone world aspects of the character.

I'm probably not going to play this for a few versions, but hope you up the image count in future versions. Can't wait to see those Rebecca with other men photos.
Yep not a bad idea and I'll likely be posting a poll (via patron) as i'm quite torn between ideas. As for the gallery, I will aim to include one that helps players see what they've unlocked so far but I most likely wont be focusing on big scenes/renders. I know it will disappoint some people but I need to get programming and text content done and thats one way I can help guarantee that (and if I end up getting some help on the project then we would re-evaluate).

Reactions: DroopyLoving

sylsk

May 13, 2020
The options I can think of are a) switch UI to an interactive or non-interactive story mode or b) you dont experience meeting them, just get messages after-the-fact as if you already did meet them.

Some of my other ideas that I no longer like and very likely wont do are to just have a pop-up with a brief meeting description. Another idea was to have a separate game which lets you play those scenes out, but that would be too much work.
You've got a good reason to not see them in person yet, with the global pandemic and lockdowns and all.
On an unrelated note: are any of the girls going to be findoms?

grgrgr5

Mar 13, 2018
Me? How so? :)
Usually "text based" means that the game is entirely text (no images). But this game has images and seems to be about texting on a phone (so a different meaning of the term "text based"). So even if it's intentional, the use of the "text based" tag is kind of amusing :ROFLMAO:

Nightdrop

Chat Game Maker
Game Developer
Nov 17, 2018
Usually "text based" means that the game is entirely text (no images). But this game has images and seems to be about texting on a phone (so a different meaning of the term "text based"). So even if it's intentional, the use of the "text based" tag is kind of amusing :ROFLMAO:
Oh I see what you mean. "Texting Based" might be the more accurate genre then? Lol

sylsk

May 13, 2020
I've a question about HD App Maker companion software. It seems to be an electron app based on the files. I tried to run it under linux and it wouldn't work at all. I was going to dabble with it. Any chance of providing a linux version of it?

DroopyLoving

Dec 27, 2017
Yep not a bad idea and I'll likely be posting a poll (via patron) as i'm quite torn between ideas. As for the gallery, I will aim to include one that helps players see what they've unlocked so far but I most likely wont be focusing on big scenes/renders. I know it will disappoint some people but I need to get programming and text content done and thats one way I can help guarantee that (and if I end up getting some help on the project then we would re-evaluate).
So I had another thought on how you could handle the dates.
Add another app onto the phone interface for a facebook like social media app. That way you could have an album detailing the whole date, you could affect the story of the date by picking how you comment on things
E.G. - First pic of her getting ready you choose a) You looked lovely, b) I wish you'd worn something more slutty, c) Wish I could have made it.
Then depending on what you posted you a) get another pic of you meeting up on the date, b) a negative response to photo 1, c) a conversation rearranging the date.

I know it sounds like i'm pushing you for more pics (and i am a bit) but you could have conversations on comments and because it's more public the other girls you're 'dating' could be affected by it.

I don't know, it's been sort of playing over in my head.

Nightdrop

Chat Game Maker
Game Developer
Nov 17, 2018
I've a question about HD App Maker companion software. It seems to be an electron app based on the files. I tried to run it under linux and it wouldn't work at all. I was going to dabble with it. Any chance of providing a linux version of it?
Ugh. That took me a while, but I built a linux version. I haven't been able to test it though - can you let me know if there are any issues? I'll eventually get to testing it myself and put up a proper link to it.

Here's the links (AppImage or snap):

So I had another thought on how you could handle the dates.
Add another app onto the phone interface for a facebook like social media app. That way you could have an album detailing the whole date, you could affect the story of the date by picking how you comment on things
E.G. - First pic of her getting ready you choose a) You looked lovely, b) I wish you'd worn something more slutty, c) Wish I could have made it.
Then depending on what you posted you a) get another pic of you meeting up on the date, b) a negative response to photo 1, c) a conversation rearranging the date.

I know it sounds like i'm pushing you for more pics (and i am a bit) but you could have conversations on comments and because it's more public the other girls you're 'dating' could be affected by it.

I don't know, it's been sort of playing over in my head.
This would require lots of images I'm sure. I do like the idea but it sounds more difficult for me to develop. I've made some notes about your idea but can't say I'm likely to use it, at least not in these early days. I do like the idea of having a social media app of sorts that affects storylines, but it might be a little more complex than I'm ready to handle just yet.

sylsk

May 13, 2020
Ugh. That took me a while, but I built a linux version. I haven't been able to test it though - can you let me know if there are any issues? I'll eventually get to testing it myself and put up a proper link to it.

Here's the links (AppImage or snap):

Thank you for the time and effort to build these. I've tried the appimage one and it errors when started.

Reactions: Nightdrop

Nightdrop

Chat Game Maker
Game Developer
Nov 17, 2018
Thank you for the time and effort to build these. I've tried the appimage one and it errors when started.
Damn... i'll have another look when I can. Hopefully I cab figure out how to build it correctly!

Nightdrop

Chat Game Maker
Game Developer
Nov 17, 2018
I tried for a few more hours, the issue is getting the build working on linux. Rather than spend anymore time on the issue I'm leaving it for now. You could always run the app using Wine? I've read it can run windows apps on linux.

Sorry i'm not able to provide a proper linux solution, at least not for the time being.

sylsk

May 13, 2020
I tried for a few more hours, the issue is getting the build working on linux. Rather than spend anymore time on the issue I'm leaving it for now. You could always run the app using Wine? I've read it can run windows apps on linux.

Sorry i'm not able to provide a proper linux solution, at least not for the time being.
I've tried running it on wine already, it doesn't even launch and it gives no errors, so no clue how to go from there really. Don't worry about it though, I appreciate the effort.

Nightdrop

Chat Game Maker
Game Developer
Nov 17, 2018
I've tried running it on wine already, it doesn't even launch and it gives no errors, so no clue how to go from there really. Don't worry about it though, I appreciate the effort.
I'm thinking of putting up an online editor so you could use that, I just want to be careful with how I spent my limited time on the project :) ~Back to working on the game now

Reactions: sylsk
3.90 star(s) 9 Votes