sjjanakakak

Jan 14, 2022
Not again, though I had this feeling when Dev took longer then expected time to release the 0.9 update anyway, If I'm right, then dev has a friend who previously took charge of this avn when dev abandoned it for the first time, so uh, maybe he can take it again (hopefully).

Kvr64##

Mar 13, 2021
what are the legal limits of making a fanmade game or direct sequel(not sure how to call it in english) for abandoned games?
maybe we could start "remastering" the good ones that we waited and waited and never had a closure.
Probably a cease-and-desist letter, but if its shown to be completely abandoned then it should be fine. But the hard part is creating identical the models and knowing how to continue or end someone's else's story without the original authors idea or entire plan of the game

Reactions: Blabla12345678910

Blabla12345678910

Jun 9, 2019
Probably a cease-and-desist letter, but if its shown to be completely abandoned then it should be fine. But the hard part is creating identical the models and knowing how to continue or end someone's else's story without the original authors idea or entire plan of the game
just wondered tbh, its not an easy task for sure, but i wonder if you create a group that each one can contribute something from their skills maybe you can continue it, maybe even as a non profit project just for pepole who cares for it or want to work on their writing or VN developing skills.
could be intresting...
maybe ill try that when i finish my CS degree.

lonelyk

Feb 12, 2019
Sad not to get an ending and sex scenes with the daughters, but devs are only human and grinvald has been very respectful to his patrons. May he feel better, have more time on his hands, miss his game development and resume it someday! Honestly he should have charged his supporters a few times since March 2023, if he wanted to have some financial reward for his work he would have earned it.

lorkdubo

Aug 19, 2022
I called it. When the dev didn't go directly to the flesh of the story, aka the safe heaven where the story would transpire and expand the lore.

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
Sad news... :cry:

Not unexpected but still...

what are the legal limits of making a fanmade game or direct sequel(not sure how to call it in english) for abandonned games?
maybe we could start "remastering" the good ones that we waited and waited and never had a closure.
In my opinion, no small time adult dev would take you to court for it, so legal issues are not really relevant.

However, what I do think is important is that the fans respect the dev for creating their game. It's the dev who made it worthwhile.

If the project will be taken over by another dev, then most likely the story, the writing and the general atmoshpere will change considerably.

The big question is, will this change in the end be beneficial to the game or not? In a very much story driven game like this one, I really doubt that it would be a good thing if it were continued by someone else.

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
Classic.

You’d think with this happening to like 90% of adult game devs, eventually they would learn to pace themselves before burning out.
That has not that much to do with it.

The real issue is that adult game development is just a hobby for most devs. If something changes in their life, like in Grinvald's case, changing circumstances in his day job, then the game development suffers.

It's very simple. If a person is making $3000 / month in a day job, then he must be able to make $6000 / month with his adult game development, due to the added risks (e.g. getting kicked off from Patreon) compared to a normal job, as well as the lack of pension and other social securities which a normal job normally offers.

There are very, very few devs who make anything close to these figures.

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
That has not that much to do with it.

The real issue is that adult game development is just a hobby for most devs. If something changes in their life, like in Grinvald's case, changing circumstances in his day job, then the game development suffers.

It's very simple. If a person is making $3000 / month in a day job, then he must be able to make $6000 / month with his adult game development, due to the added risks (e.g. getting kicked off from Patreon) compared to a normal job, as well as the lack of pension and other social securities which a normal job normally offers.

There are very, very few devs who make anything close to these figures.
My understanding is, he’s saying he works 10–12 hours a day with no weekends if you combine both his day job and his game development. Assuming a 40-hour day job, that would mean he’s spending what, 30+ hours a week on game development on top of that? How about cutting that down to 15 or so instead?

OhGodNotAgain

Aug 11, 2023
Not again, though I had this feeling when Dev took longer then expected time to release the 0.9 update anyway, If I'm right, then dev has a friend who previously took charge of this avn when dev abandoned it for the first time, so uh, maybe he can take it again (hopefully).
Grinvald was the friend that took charge of the vn.

Reactions: Jimmy_Jam

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
My understanding is, he’s saying he works 10–12 hours a day with no weekends if you combine both his day job and his game development. Assuming a 40-hour day job, that would mean he’s spending what, 30+ hours a week on game development on top of that? How about cutting that down to 15 or so instead?
I understood a 10-12 hour workday without game development, but regardless.

If the total workload is too much, then the lesser important one has to go. And from a financial standpoint it's clear which is the lesser important one.

Leinad_Sevla

Jun 30, 2023
A good game that seemed to have a lot of potential, but with scarce updates and seeing how the last update was very short for the ammount of time it took, it´s not very surprising. I wish someone with money could just pay these creators to make this a full time job, that way no games would be abandoned and the updates would be way more frequent.
Anyway, the best of luck to this Dev in his personal life, that´s what matters.

4.20 star(s) 108 Votes