walker188

Apr 30, 2017
Well that was fun. Been putting this one off for a while, but i finally burned through it today.

Anyone feel some similarity to Desert Stalker?

Reactions: JHorcoc6

claus001

Feb 15, 2020
Well that was fun. Been putting this one off for a while, but i finally burned through it today.

Anyone feel some similarity to Desert Stalker?
Desert Stalker almost certainly inspired the Dev if this game. The most notable differences are that in Desert Stalker the plot is better, but in Hot Sands of Antarctica sex is way hotter.

Reactions: Demoness_Kiss

pitruchio

Jun 17, 2017

After much deliberation, I've decided to stop working on the game. The thing is that it's been almost a year since the start of development, and now it's safe to say that the project has failed. The current state of support is quite sad, and after the 0.05 release it's even worse than before (in terms of money). Low support means low interest in the game. I don't think anything will improve with future releases, and thus continuing to work becomes pointless.
I apologize to all my patrons, active and inactive, but I hope you guys understand me.
Now about the money. Luckily, Patreon has a great feature - refunds for the last 3 months. Right now I have $256 in my account, and I'm going to try to get all that money back. In fact, I haven't billed since March, but for new patrons the charge was immediate when they signed up and that money should be returned to them.
I will start the refund today, and as it says in the help, the money should be back in your account within 10 business days. I hope this feature works correctly.
I want to say thanks to everyone who has been with me this time. For patrons, don't forget to cancel your support.
Good luck.

Feb 2, 2022
Dev had left the game because of lack of support… Although it's sad to see… They are some Dev who are milking their subs…
On the same time, they are some who need our help…

Last edited:
Reactions: BigDaddyDom

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016

After much deliberation, I've decided to stop working on the game. The thing is that it's been almost a year since the start of development, and now it's safe to say that the project has failed. The current state of support is quite sad, and after the 0.05 release it's even worse than before (in terms of money). Low support means low interest in the game. I don't think anything will improve with future releases, and thus continuing to work becomes pointless.
I apologize to all my patrons, active and inactive, but I hope you guys understand me.
Now about the money. Luckily, Patreon has a great feature - refunds for the last 3 months. Right now I have $256 in my account, and I'm going to try to get all that money back. In fact, I haven't billed since March, but for new patrons the charge was immediate when they signed up and that money should be returned to them.
I will start the refund today, and as it says in the help, the money should be back in your account within 10 business days. I hope this feature works correctly.
I want to say thanks to everyone who has been with me this time. For patrons, don't forget to cancel your support.
Good luck.
Well, if he was in just for the money it makes sense. Many such cases.

DiTo

Aug 31, 2018
Damn what a shame it had great story interesting, character and the last update was twist of a cliffhanger. Hopefully the dev will come back to this some point in the future.
Not likely, if he isn't happy with the support now, he sure won't get any more after abandoning it. The game has potential but one of it's critical problems is the writing/translataion... the English was clearly written by someone who isn't a native speaker so it badly needs an editor to make the conversations more natural, if he had a good English editor or a good translator it would have gained popularity faster. Though he did choose a bad point to end it since if he made a good resolution to that hanger and waited a bit the game could have took off a bit more.

Reactions: Nulldev and Kvr64##

goulet1995

Sep 30, 2021
this game had potential too bad at least the dev is upfront with the people who suported him and not trying to milk it would still prefer to see it continue though

Reactions: Xypher

KartonFox

Aug 14, 2018
That's a shame. I feel like the games just started to gain traction by word of the mouth. I dismissed the game at first as a scuffed version of Desert Stalker. I think if dev had a discord and community he could have listen for feedback. The game would have been more popular by now. The game poorly advertises itself. It's important to attract people somehow, since to enjoy the game you have to look past poor quality of writing and misfitted assets. Just take for example the banner (the first image) in this thread, does not attract attention. It probably should be a composition of main charachters.

4.30 star(s) 107 Votes