acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
That's a shame. I feel like the games just started to gain traction by word of the mouth.
I agree and said the same to Grinvald on patreon. I thought he was just to the point of possibly gaining traction in this market. I also offered to speak to my group about doing a cross-promo for him to help, but it seems he wants to move onto another project and do some things differently. A shame, as I really enjoy this one's setting and its characters.

Nulldev

Nov 28, 2017
I agree and said the same to Grinvald on patreon. I thought he was just to the point of possibly gaining traction in this market. I also offered to speak to my group about doing a cross-promo for him to help, but it seems he wants to move onto another project and do some things differently. A shame, as I really enjoy this one's setting and its characters.
Starting a second, just as abandoning the first? Why would someone support that if there is a serious chance of not finishing?

goulet1995

Sep 30, 2021
Starting a second, just as abandoning the first? Why would someone support that if there is a serious chance of not finishing?
dont know that he is making a new game as he is shutting down his patreon if he was making a new game would probably keep it active

Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
Bad news, sad news!
I feel like the game was abandoned "too soon", if we're considering support momentum.
I never support a game from the very first installment but was seriously considering starting to support this project because it had finally showed some juicy content in a consistent way. And I've been reading a lot of posts from members who had just made first contact with this story. But it is what it is.

rahkshi01

Dec 31, 2018
Seriously?!?! It just got updated?!?!?! The game has literally only just begun and had a huge potential in terms of story. The game had finally reached a place where it would only now start to gain traction as there was now enough content to hold the players' attention and cause more interest in the game. Seems odd to just give up at this point. No game is going to have a huge following right at the start or at this point, it takes time., but it will come. To see it go just for this reason so soon is majorly disappointing. Is there anybody that can take over for this and reboot it? It just seems like a major waste to let it end this way. So much potential, such uniqueness gone. Hopefully someone can take over.

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
Honestly, what did the dev expect? He started to make one game (Artificial Life, 0 updates), then he abandoned it to start this game, a harem game that started with a sex scene of another dude. With these 2 things in mind did he really expect to get much support?

sislover

Jan 8, 2018
great story, i love this type of VN's with sex and action
also the daughters are 10/10

lol i just read the patreon and the comments, fuck had potential

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: quiboune

murksel

Sep 6, 2020
Very sad, I discovered this game only now with ep5 here and found it so good that I made a German translation.

And now... Abandoned! :cry:

I think the dev was so pissed about the low financial feedback that his fuses blew out.

He will probably bite himself in the ass in 2-3 days that he left the game so soon after the release of v005.

He has invested so much work and time... in 2-3 weeks he might have a different decision... however.... very sad.

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
best advise take a step back, use the time to reflect and live life for a time.. then ask yourself is the story you want to tell worth going back to tell..

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Starting a project thinking about money is the ideal formula if you get frustrated and eventually abandon. It is with the money-mindset that abandoned projects are born.
Well yes and no. I can think of a couple of recent VNs where the dev or devs realized that it could take 12-18 months for their VN to get enough traction. They stayed the course and have a successful and profitable VN. This VN has been out since September 2021, so 9 months more or less. It's an excellent VN with many high quality aspects to recommend it. It has been gathering an ever larger following, but as yet limited patronage. Patron support follows behind popularity.

There's nothing wrong with producing a VN with a monetary goal, as long as the producer is realistic about the timeframe to start to generate substantial support. My guess is that this one would have started to turn the corner in 4-6 more months. It's a really high quality product, it just takes time to be "discovered'.

Sad really. Abandoning this VN, for this reason, will hang like a shadow over whatever he produces next.

Anyway really sad to see this outcome. Really sad.

Airell

Developer of Love and Corruption
Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017
Well yes and no. I can think of a couple of recent VNs where the dev or devs realized that it could take 12-18 months for their VN to get enough traction. They stayed the course and have a successful and profitable VN. This VN has been out since September 2021, so 9 months more or less. It's an excellent VN with many high quality aspects to recommend it. It has been gathering an ever larger following, but as yet limited patronage. Patron support follows behind popularity.

There's nothing wrong with producing a VN with a monetary goal, as long as the producer is realistic about the timeframe to start to generate substantial support. My guess is that this one would have started to turn the corner in 4-6 more months. It's a really high quality product, it just takes time to be "discovered'.

Sad really. Abandoning this VN, for this reason, will hang like a shadow over whatever he produces next.

Anyway really sad to see this outcome. Really sad.
I understand your point, but I don't like to rely on exceptions, but on the general rule. And in general, projects don't gain enough traction to stick. The growing mountain of abandoned games proves this.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
I understand your point, but I don't like to rely on exceptions, but on the general rule. And in general, projects don't gain enough traction to stick. The growing mountain of abandoned games proves this.
I agree about the large number of failed attempts, but in the post to which I replied you indicated that developing a VN from a profit motive results in abandonment. I'm fairly sure we can agree that there are many reasons VNs/games get abandoned. So the shear number of failed games does not tie to a specific reason.

My point is that if the developer(s) have a reasonable view of how long it will take a new VN to gain enough traction to become profitable and have ensured they have the resources to continue to deliver quality updates over that period, a profit motive is not a leading indicator of failure.

In the general case expecting a VN by a new dev to gain profitability in nine months is unrealistic. It doesn't help that this dev has an on hold game that precedes this one.

I haven't played his first one. Maybe the third time will be the charm. However, with his previous two attempts ending in On hold and abandoned most people will wait quite a long time before contributing.

4.30 star(s) 107 Votes