VN Ren'Py Hot Springs Academy [v0.4a] [Mirgosoft Games]

4.20 star(s) 43 Votes

verzauberung

May 5, 2017
HOLY MOLY such hot female characters <3
I love how slutty some of them are
This one has to be my favourite one

yeah she is just ungodly uber hot :love: just love her look.
BUT i really hope she is still a virgin hahha, i'm ok if she had girlfriends or played around with other girls, but i just hope mc will be her first man.
or just how Valeriyo said, she acts like she has experience but is actually inexperienced and the only thing that ever touched her was her hand and maybe some toys

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Torrent: ( ) ❤
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
- get torrents a few minutes early! (rpdl#6652)

cubba

Jul 12, 2018
Uuuuh, ahhh, hrmmmm, I'm really on the fence now with this.
It looks great. I like this type of setting.
It sonds very ambitious but maybe to ambitious to get ever completed (gettin kind of bad *Whatever* Academy vibes here).

But still good luck with the game. Hope you can pull this off.

... who am I kidding, sooner or later I will end up checking this out anyway ...

niffi

Nov 2, 2021
I'm excited to see how this game pans out. My only question is how frequent will the updates be for this game? I saw that it took a year between 2 people to make what exists now, which makes me a little concerned for the frequency/quantity of content of each update going forward, but I can probably assume a lot of that time was getting the foundation of the game built.
Though it's "Honey Select-Party" but: The games environment(maps/locations etc.) takes more time to develop than adding models and posing them. Making a map almost takes the same amount of time to find, modify and matching a map for certain scenes (and there is no straight or easy way to modding a map with HS-Party). And considering the looks of the models of this game, I assume the devs spent a fair amount of time modelling them, and they did very well.

After that; there comes the language barrier,creating GUI,program design etc. The language barrier will still be in effect for later update, but the dev will get used to it, and it certainly will take less time eventually if he continue his work.

edit:grammar :(

Last edited:
Reactions: longsuper1

Niraeza

Aug 9, 2019
Though it's "Honey Select-Party" but: The games environment(maps/locations etc.) takes more time to develop than adding models and posing them. Making a map almost takes the same amount of time to find, modify and matching a map for certain scenes (and there is no straight or easy way to modding a map with HS-Party). And considering the looks of the models of this game, I assume the devs spent a fair amount of time modelling them, and they did very well.

After that; there comes the language barrier,creating GUI,program design etc. The language barrier will still be in effect for later update, but the dev will get used to it, and it certainly will take less time eventually if he continue his work.

edit:grammar :(
Yeah, I pretty much assumed all of that and bundled it up with the word "foundation". It's all good stuff, and I read on their discord that we should expect another update in the second half of this month which will be smaller in size which makes sense. So it seems to me that updates will probably be bi-monthly-ish, maybe?

Reactions: niffi

niffi

Nov 2, 2021
Yeah, I pretty much assumed all of that and bundled it up with the word "foundation". It's all good stuff, and I read on their discord that we should expect another update in the second half of this month which will be smaller in size which makes sense. So it seems to me that updates will probably be bi-monthly-ish, maybe?
That would be nice if they actually make updates like that, what really does matter is; how much of content they will add in the update considering the time delay, while quick updates might sound appealing but it could contain a 10 minutes of gameplay! Which is not worth downloading/extracting for me. I know a few devs here who are making some awesome games, but their update time delay against the provided content is horribly unfair. I hope this dev maintains an acceptable standard between the time he takes and the content he provides for future updates.

Niraeza

Aug 9, 2019
That would be nice if they actually make updates like that, what really does matter is; how much of content they will add in the update considering the time delay, while quick updates might sound appealing but it could contain a 10 minutes of gameplay! Which is not worth downloading/extracting for me. I know a few devs here who are making some awesome games, but their update time delay against the provided content is horribly unfair. I hope this dev maintains an acceptable standard between the time he takes and the content he provides for future updates.
Personally, I think monthly updates is what SHOULD be the standard. Only for the simple fact that people who support the game are charged monthly, and it's only fair to those who pay get something for the month that they contributed. Of course, I hope we also get more than 10 minutes of content, but we'll have to wait and see what the next few updates will look like with this dev before we can have any kind of opinion on their release cadence.

NordDsl

Jan 3, 2019
Personally, I think monthly updates is what SHOULD be the standard. Only for the simple fact that people who support the game are charged monthly, and it's only fair to those who pay get something for the month that they contributed. Of course, I hope we also get more than 10 minutes of content, but we'll have to wait and see what the next few updates will look like with this dev before we can have any kind of opinion on their release cadence.
As far as I know, a quality scenario, poses, emotions, require a lot of time, and plus you should not forget that the developers are also tired as in any other job, think about their eyes,
and for updates to be monthly, need a team, much more than two people, let's say, "Every case has its master."
A separate person for the scenario, a couple of people for rendering, that's when we can talk about frequent updates.

Last edited:

Niraeza

Aug 9, 2019
As far as I know, a quality scenario, poses, emotions, require a lot of time, and plus you should not forget that the developers are also tired as in any other job, think about their eyes,
and for updates to be monthly, need a team, much more than two people, let's say, "Every case has its master."
A separate person for the scenario, a couple of people for rendering, that's when we can talk about frequent updates.
I'm not disregarding the amount of work required to get things out. I know it's a lot of work, and they should work at a healthy pace so as to not strain anything. Even if it was a one man job, which I believe it's two (afaik) for this particular project, monthly updates can still happen. It's just the amount of content that we would get would be proportional to the amount of people working on the project as well as the desired amount of quality for the game. Higher quality will generally result in less content. It's a double edged sword, especially with a very small team.

I'm generally very forgiving when it comes to small content sizes if the quality is high, I basically expect it. The same amount of content will come out by month 3 if it was released either monthly or every 3 months. There's also a benefit to frequent updating in the sense that it keeps people remembering that the game exists and refreshes their interest in the game as well as showing that the dev's not having forgotten about the game and would prevent the idea that the game has been abandoned. This can be a huge turnoff to potential supporters if updates aren't frequent.

The dev's obviously are what make the game, but unless the dev's are rolling in money, it's the supporters that keep it alive. So I'm more in favor of appeasing a potential supporting base to keep a high quality project alive over letting dev's having full control of the release schedule, because it can easily be exploitable and we can run into dry spells that can last a year without seeing anything new or the game dies completely because it gets abandoned or supporters not wanting to support something with little or nothing to show for it.

sakosux

Oct 1, 2019
Enjoyed this 1st release, immediately quit during the last scene. One of my most disliked tropes in adult VNs; the devs talkig directly to the readers. No novels, games or movies (unless they are meta commentaries) do it for a reason. I was interested in the cliffhanger but it's cheapend (to me) by that scene (especially since you can't skip it at least on android).

Also really worried how ambitious this project is starting out, there is a reason even the 'biggest' games don't have this many 'main' girls. I wish you luck on making all 30 girls intersting enough.

Mirgosoft

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2019
Hi all, our small team has been extremely busy producing a new version of Hot Springs Academy.
Version 0.2 is already in early access, by the way.

55k characters (9400+ words), 480+ images, and a couple dozen video clips in 1.5 months.
We're still impressed after such a crunch.

But still, we regularly read all your comments on Patreon, in our Discord channels and in this thread.

All of your feedback has helped us understand a few big issues with the popularity of our game at the content level and at the concept level in general.
In parallel with the regular release of new updates, we plan to adapt the first 2 game days to the new vision, as well as add new content that will make the game much more enjoyable from the very first minutes of gameplay.

Of course, before we start working on this, in the coming days (before the end of the month) we plan to have a discussion about a list of more specific changes (without specific spoilers) in a separate dicord channel among our patrons.
Our small team will be interested in the opinions of experienced players, through which we can adjust our next steps.

Stay tuned. Merry Christmas and thank you for playing the Hot Springs Academy.

Last edited:

Mirgosoft

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2019
the devs talkig directly to the readers.
Which scene are you referring to exactly? The scene with the cat or the ending itself?
Both of them are necessary for this update and for the further development of the game as a whole. This is the important reason.

No novels, games or movies (unless they are meta commentaries) do it for a reason.
Please, read about "breaking the fourth wall" in the movies. But if you almost never watch comedies, you are unlikely to have faced such a thing. (The most recent in my memory is Deadpool, a huge number of comedies with Jim Carrey, as well as many-many others.)

Also really worried how ambitious this project is starting out, there is a reason even the 'biggest' games don't have this many 'main' girls.
These 'biggest' games were not immediately become the biggest games. ;) (The exceptions are the few among them.)

Thank you for the wishes. We will try our best and continue to rely on success.
Have a wonderful holiday season.

Last edited:

beh123234

Dec 11, 2018
Just finished playing through the first release, and all-in-all, it's a pretty decent first release for a VN. The girls look smoking hot (the nurse in particular does things to me), and the general setting and premise of the plot leaves plenty of directions which the plot might go. One criticism I might offer is that especially with a VN with a more linear plot progression requires some pretty good writing to keep the reader engaged, and though I can't say much about the Russian version (since I don't speak the language), the English script leaves a lot to be desired. Going forwards a translator and/or editor for the English script will make for not only a valuable addition to your team, but a necessary one. Overall, an excellent start, and I'll be following progress on the game enthusiastically. Keep up the good work, my friend.

tricky17

Oct 12, 2018
Hi guys here is Hot Springs Academy v0.2b

Windows/Linux

Mac

Android (Universal APK

Attention: The previous saves with this update will not work correctly for some important reasons. Such situations should not arise in the future.

4.20 star(s) 43 Votes