VN Ren'Py Hot Springs Academy [v0.4a] [Mirgosoft Games]

4.20 star(s) 43 Votes

Mirgosoft

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2019
... how the MC is .... being a useless virgin wimp shown in the conversation at the start of day two with Akane.
Please note to anyone who thinks the same, that the game, unlike most other Japanese-like games, has a more pronounced culture, similar to classical (not the most modern) Japanese culture, where it is very common in cultural society to respect everyone around you.
You can read more about the (sometimes enormous!) difference between Japanese and Western cultures elsewhere on the Internet to get a better feel for the conflict between the protagonist's capital city manners and the more free-spirited behavior of a small-town troubled school.
Nevertheless, as I said before, everything in the game is actively changing over time. And I don't consider it a spoiler to say that the protagonist in this case is no exception.

The corrupted tag is very powerful in the game and, depending on the experience, it has absolutely different durations before the former stereotypes break down.

Last edited:

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
Please note to anyone who thinks the same, that the game, unlike most other Japanese-like games, has a more pronounced culture, similar to classical (not the most modern) Japanese culture, where it is very common in cultural society to respect everyone around you.
You can read more about the (sometimes enormous!) difference between Japanese and Western cultures elsewhere on the Internet to get a better feel for the conflict between the protagonist's capital city manners and the more free-spirited behavior of a small-town troubled school.
Nevertheless, as I said before, everything in the game is actively changing over time. And I don't consider it a spoiler to say that the protagonist in this case is no exception.

The corrupted tag is very powerful in the game and, depending on the experience, it has absolutely different durations before the former stereotypes break down.
You completely misunderstood what I meant.

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
To be fair, the protagonist IS a useless virgin wimp, coming from an all boys school with top grades and enough stick in the ass to get picked for this undercover job from CR...and he had a tame home before he left, just remember the talks about the changes in mother and little sis...not to mention the transformation from the nice timid big sis into...that. I bet he never even talked with a girl outside the family. Considering the corruption tag the mc is a few steps behind the girls...for now...^^

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
To be fair, the protagonist IS a useless virgin wimp, coming from an all boys school with top grades and enough stick in the ass to get picked for this undercover job from CR...and he had a tame home before he left, just remember the talks about the changes in mother and little sis...not to mention the transformation from the nice timid big sis into...that. I bet he never even talked with a girl outside the family. Considering the corruption tag the mc is a few steps behind the girls...for now...^^
Even if that is the case it is something that I don't like.

bananaftt

Feb 8, 2019
I haven't finished playing the game yet, but it's pretty obvious that above all, a proofreader is needed as soon as possible. The render's are decent, however the way the text is written and how it is delivered to the reader, makes the story a little difficult and rigid to understand. Another important aspect , also related to the text , is that there is text that is not necessary at all , such as : - When the MC is in the infirmary (the initial scene), after he thinks: "(i have to)", the following text explaining the actions' movement is simply unnecessary. These are some suggestions to consider for future updates.

zktrent1608

Jun 3, 2021
first release of any game is rarely good but i think this case is one of a kind
i find it really confusing but i look forward to the next version
thanks dev for this future awesome game

Reactions: Antwit

Mirgosoft

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2019
the following text explaining the actions' movement is simply unnecessary.
This may seem strange, but experience has shown that not all players always understand what is going on.
Also, this kind of explanation is usually made when you want to emphasize what is going on.
But anyway, thanks for the opinion, I'll think about it again a little later.

Reactions: bananaftt

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Its almost sad how many people dont read post #1 and then complain about not having installed the incest patch...

DisMel

Apr 15, 2021
other than proof reading needed, i think its pretty solid so far. will keep an eye out for any updates definitely

Reactions: NordDsl

Antwit

Dec 20, 2018
Looks like a promissing game to me, I am curious to see next version 0.2 etc. which way it runs in future.
Beautiful faces, most of the girls got a little bit too busty for my taste (I prefer more some smaller boobs) but the school uniform looking great. Can´t recover if there is any dresscode to follow, but that´s ok.

pothb

Jan 28, 2018
So far it's... alright. Girls look like they can be something good. Main story isn't really catching me personally. The weird day skip felt weird to me.

And this might just be me, but maybe cut down on the special effects. It's like every image switch has a zoom in effect. It's fine for emphasis, but to do it every time, it just gets annoying.

I think you should also tone down one the text pause and continue. I'm a decently fast reader, and I'm sure there are others who read faster even than I. Reading the text and pressing the button to move onto the next dialogue, only to see the continued text pop up and having to roll back gets tedious.

Mirgosoft

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2019
And this might just be me, but maybe cut down on the special effects. It's like every image switch has a zoom in effect. It's fine for emphasis, but to do it every time, it just gets annoying.
The speed of the smooth transition of images directly depends on the dynamics of what is happening and emphasizes the speed of the girls' body movements, turning the protagonist's head, etc.
The mini zoom effect also emphasizes the suddenness or sharpness of the change of scene.
(In such cases as when one of the participants in the scene suddenly begins to speak for the first time, interrupts the speech of the other, as well as a sudden change of mood).
We have not used the zoom effect everywhere or for no reason, as we are well aware that if we add it at every image change, some players will get dizzy, as is the case with improperly configured POV in games during adult scenes.

I think you should also tone down one the text pause and continue. I'm a decently fast reader, and I'm sure there are others who read faster even than I. Reading the text and pressing the button to move onto the next dialogue, only to see the continued text pop up and having to roll back gets tedious.
Thanks, I think a lot more people actually care about that.
This idea was questionable from the start, because the pause effect itself is only visible at a certain reading speed.
We'll definitely be taking a vote on this soon.

SmiffyHallo

Aug 2, 2017
Lovely game so far, ticks a whole slew of my fap-boxes, and I imagine you'll tick even more in future versions. :p
Makes me wish I weren't dirt poor so I could support.
Keep up the good work and stuff, hope to see more "soon" as it were.

xenovon

Apr 5, 2021
Linear progression game with high quality animation, i'm not yet hook in terms of story. I'll just keep this on my list for now. Waiting for more content for my final verdict. Hoping it doesn't disappoint like the other one, and yes this is dejavu for me as well. :LOL:

4.20 star(s) 43 Votes