hatass

Oct 6, 2017
:D Because right now it has far more content and the quality is not that bad.
Personally I like Aya more and I think some other people do as well. :)
So... nothing stops you from consuming that content while we get a big upgrade for all of the future content. Everybody wins.

• Angry
Reactions: Sharun

gavincreeper

Jun 13, 2017
Looks like the next update will be delayed. Developer has 2 PCs, 1 for Unity (game engine, duh) and 1 for Daz Studio (what he uses to create the models and render the animations), and the Daz Studio one's motherboard broke.

M.Roshi

Jun 1, 2019
Hi,

If I've understand, and google translated the "Ci-en" author page well, it seems that his motherboard fall down, rip, out-of-order... He thinking if it's better for him to make a new PC or just changing the motherboard... Lucky for him that it's not SSD & HDD.

Btw, the update for this month will be incomplete (90% done) and can be used as it is apparently...

sgt_bilko

Aug 16, 2018
In my 35 years of computing I've only ever once had a motherboard 'break' and that's because I was jackin with my memory sticks. I want to sympathize but somehow I'm inclined to give a massive eyeroll. This always seems to happen to creators in some form for fashion where they suffer a system failure and lose work. Get better systems ffs.

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
Many creators and artists are very "in the zone" bipolar working types. So they go through periods of inactivity and no motivation and then suddenly get the burst of energy and then hammer out creativity like mad at 200% productivity.

This is not good for their equipment OR their mental health, but it's just how that world works.

Reactions: RyRa² and Hfreak

Dracis3D

Game Developer
Nov 16, 2017
In my 35 years of computing I've only ever once had a motherboard 'break' and that's because I was jackin with my memory sticks. I want to sympathize but somehow I'm inclined to give a massive eyeroll.
Nearer 25 years for me and agreed, I've just had a power supply go and even that was partial (GPU had to come out for it to fight on). But when you look at my corporate IT dept, there is a steady trickle of broken mobo's (thousands of laptops though). I would have thought the power supply or GPU would have melted first on a rendering machine. But I could also beleive a motivation drop, but in there position what do you say? Some supporters will deal with a short break and carry on paying, others will stop.

M.Roshi

Jun 1, 2019
In my experience, only one thing can break a motherboard: The PSU (Power supply). In this case, we can think that not only the motherboard is broken but also CPU, Memory, GPU and also SSD (especially NVMe), in rare case SATA Drive also.
In any case before thinking about a broken mobo's, you and/or technicien have already changed the PSU before the mobo's.

If I've understand, his setup isn't very old... 2 years around, maybe 3... In case if he have no skill to repair his PC, it's also possible that he came across a technician who just wants to sell him a new PC instead of repairing the old one. I think also about "the massive eyeroll" too, but why don't tell directly that it's him that need a break instead of "broken mobo's" :x

Also, working type, how you manage your PC doesn't really affect his life, on my side, I use the same PC for gaming and working (dev, QA, testing and some loca) I never got an issue, except one because the PSU power was very limit after adding a HDD.

Short HS:
If you are interested, I can maybe think about translating the english part already done (not the MTL) in french.

sgt_bilko

Aug 16, 2018
I did learn the hard way one summer that having a battery backup has become mandatory. Not for staying up during an outage, most hardware can tolerate a sudden shutoff. It's the surges or brownouts that really damage things and a surge protector wont save you against a brownout which for my area are more common. I killed two Corsair Gold PSUs that way, so then I got an APC and never looked back.

And yea, PC enthusiasts are kind of rare in JPN, so its probably a fairly big deal for him.

mrme

Nov 8, 2017
Yea, I had a power surge the other day which has mortally damaged one of my hard drives - and thats with a surge protector too

MTCF

Aug 31, 2017

True update seems
Finally beasts enters the fray (Rats and bats were a disappointment for me, also rats with their ultra speed), apparently it's the raptor and the tiny beetle.

I hope that in some update monsters manage to impregnate the MC (Aside from the 1st insectoid enemies)

3.90 star(s) 14 Votes