Others House of Pandemonium ~Remastered~ [v4.00] [Salty justice]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
Many of your critiques of the game's story are answered in the game
Where exactly? Because I have read every single note in the game. There are a lot of explanation for various things, but not for this one.

And if you think a character being becoming the opposite gender, and then finding out they enjoy it unexpectedly, is a flaw in the story, then you have never seen a movie like Star Wars where a character has a past that starts before the story begins. Like, how the hell is he in debt to Jabba the Hutt, we just met him!
Star Wars is a fairy tale in space. And this question did actually answered in film, he lost Jabba package.
Even without direct explanation its possible to come up to such explanation, because Han Solo is a smuggler. Its very unlikely its unrelated to his job.

And where are connection of "becoming the opposite gender, and then finding out they enjoy it" with "character has a past that starts before the story begins"? You do realize that it different, in relation to the plot, things, right?! First is "what happens as a part of main plot", second "what happened before plot even begins".

tipoima

Jul 20, 2018
Star Wars is a fairy tale in space.
And we're talking about what, a documentary?

And this question did actually answered in film, he lost Jabba package.
Even without direct explanation its possible to come up to such explanation, because Han Solo is a smuggler.
And your question is answered in the game: Christine is trans, always has been.
Even without direct explanation, it's possible to come up with such explanation, because why would you even assume someone would have a problem being genderswapped?

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
Even without direct explanation, it's possible to come up with such explanation, because why would you even assume someone would have a problem being genderswapped?
I would have a problem, for example.
And not just one, but whole bunch of problems. Starting from obvious "I dont know how exactly body of opposite sex work" and ending with less obvious "where are location of new center of mass of my new body is". Yes, its important for me, I practice artistic gymnastics, you may now laugh.
And this is without even touching purely psychological side, with problems like "Im dont know who I am now", "am what I feel right now is what I should feel", etc.

tipoima

Jul 20, 2018
Starting from obvious "I dont know how exactly body of opposite sex work"
This one isn't exactly an issue for Christine, since she can runestone any fleshy issues away. Or probably just download the relevant information cause robots

"where are location of new center of mass of my new body is". Yes, its important for me, I practice artistic gymnastics, you may now laugh.
Not seeing anything to laugh at, but you've yourself pointed out how it's not exactly a common concern.

And this is without even touching purely psychological side, with problems like "Im dont know who I am now", "am what I feel right now is what I should feel", etc.
And this is subjective.
Also, I'd personally be more concerned about the whole "robot" part rather than the genderswap. Although remembering how Regulus works, they do plenty of mindfuckery to avoid those issues in the first place.

Cat Boy

Oct 19, 2017
nooooo i lost my saves it was on my old pc i had just about 100% can someone help please

Novadrone

Feb 7, 2018
After playing Chapter 1, I can say that this is a REALLY good game. Building the transformations in as a class system works very well, and the fact that it doesn't lock you out of other forms is brilliant.

It's also great how the world recognizes Mei's changes. NPCs will recact differently to a bee girl as opposed to a slime. They'll even take note when you change forms.

One note I'd make is that at the end of Chapter 1, I expected that Mei would have mentioned the boss she fought in the dungeon, since it seems to tie in heavily with the overarching story. I browed the guide to find the endgame trigger, and I think that others might have trouble finding it, unless they know what they're looking for. I can see that a few hints were laid down, so I can't say that it's a Guide Dang It moment.

Hopefully chapter 5 will be just as good, if not better. Keep up the good work!

tipoima

Jul 20, 2018
I dont think it is, Its a slog and really boring IMO. Robots arent that fun and MtF is so over done.
It's not that it's a slog, it's more that Chapter 5 has an entirely different style and even genre, that just isn't what you enjoy. (Or you only got as far as that introduction part for Sophie, which is yea, kinda funky)

Novadrone

Feb 7, 2018
It's not that it's a slog, it's more that Chapter 5 has an entirely different style and even genre, that just isn't what you enjoy. (Or you only got as far as that introduction part for Sophie, which is yea, kinda funky)
I will say that the intro is certainly different than Chapter 1. Chapter 1 is more or less open ended once you get out of the cultist base. You're a lone wanderer discovering new things as you travel.

Chapter 5 has more structure to it. Once you get past the intro, you're given a list of tasks to do and places to explore, and are set loose to explore them. It doesn't spend that much time explaining how the rune works, or why you can transform. It also hasn't had much time dwelling on the one MtF transformation. To me, it felt natural. In chapter 1 they mention that all monstergirls (or whatever term they use for it) are female. So, it made sense that Chris would revert to a female human form with the rune.

As far as trans stuff goes, I haven't seen much of it so far. When questioned, Christina will say she's glad she was transformed, but it's also mixed in with the robot conversion stuff. At this point, they're dealing with legitimate transhumanism, so the transgender stuff kinda pales in comparison to that.

There's a bug I found regarding the Sector 15 mission. I chose to convert Cassandra, but the mission log say that I chose to let her go. I finished the mission all the same, but if that choice affects chapter 6, then it may cause issues down the line.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes