Unity Completed House of Pandemonium: Unity Edition [v1.0.11] [Throwawaylady]

4.00 star(s) 8 Votes
Jul 31, 2019
So regarding the clown. It is really hard co convert people, I always dodge their attack as clown but only able to laugh at them and vise versa. I think this bug related to combat difficulty.

Last edited:

Piklopedia

Jul 9, 2020
Hello everyone! Beta 7 is out for playing now. Lots of new forms, extra sandbox options and more. You can find the complete changelist below:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

That's all for today - as always, if you find any bugs we missed (particulary in the Linux and Mac builds, which we cannot test), please let us know! Enjoy the show~
Hey, do you think you guys could add an option that makes Dark Elf’s always convert defeated humans to DE Serfs?
Seems like it might be a little fun to play around with

Lilitas72

Jan 21, 2020
Every update makes me wish that (most of) the stuff that happens in the game could become real in some way. As long as the magic that makes it so there aren't any actual consequences also came with it...

[surrender] [surrender] [surrender] [surrender] [surrender] [surrender] [surrender] [surrender]
[generify] [generify] [generify] [generify] [generify] [generify] [generify] [generify]

Oh and adding in transformations/unique dialogue for the generifications was something I didn't know I needed until it was here.

Last edited:

unknownPlunger

Sep 27, 2021
Some very minor bugs with the latest version:
- The tooltip on the "Holy Shrine Count" option has the same tooltip as the "On Progress Spawn Count" option.
- When "Disable Inma Promotion" is enabled, the transformation sequence for a succubus defeating an inma ends abruptly and nothing happens to the Inma. Maybe the Inma should become permanently treated as "crazed" at that point with no recovery options.

Some features I think would be nice:
- Ability to make monsters always unkillable. You can make allies unkillable, and non-generic monsters unkillable, but I don't see a way to make all monsters unkillable. I'd like to set things up in a "monster of the week" scenario where the game starts with 1 monster and no additional spawns occur and the monster slowly converts all the humans, but that's impossible right now because the human gang up on the monster and kill it at the very beginning.
- Some monster specific configuration would be cool. Each monster seems to have some hard-coded damage, hp, will, and stamina stats. It'd be cool if there was a menu that let you adjust these values per-monster type. So if I decided that I wanted Lamia to be very fast with losts of stamina but almost no will, I could do that. Or maybe set vampires have tons of health, but do little damage. There's tons of flavorful customization users could do with such a setup.
- Some way of upgrading your settings from version to version would be nice. I had to manually rebuild all of my settings because the json format that settings.txt is stored in is very slightly different from version to version and formatting the json seems to prevent the game from reading it properly (which results in a new setttings file being written). My options at that point were to manually rebuild the Angels and Demons factions so they were properly configured, or delete my settings so get the factions and then redo my settings from scratch.

Enjoying the update. Thanks for all the team's work on this.

Last edited:

unknownPlunger

Sep 27, 2021
I feel like you missed a word after "slightly", so I can't understand what you're saying. Very slightly what? Why does it require reformatting?
Yeah. Fixed it. Meant to say "very slightly different". I was trying to splice the default settings into my personal settings and not having any luck. The file is a single line, so I formatted it with Notepad++. I'm not sure if that made it not work or if I just wrote something the game decided was invalid. It's not really in a format that makes it easy to edit by hand. For example. the spawn chances are stored as a JSON Array, which means I cannot look at the settings to know the spawn rate of a specific monster. A JSON object might make it easier. Also "monsterSpawnSets" and "monsterSpawnSetNames" and "trapSpawnSets" are all tightly coupled, but JSON doesn't reflect that. Maybe group them together.

Instead of:
JSON:
"monsterSpawnSets": [
  [
  ]
],
"trapSpawnSets": [....],
"monsterSpawnSetNames: [
  "first",
  "second",
],
becomes:
JSON:
"spawnSets": [
  {
    "name": "first",
    "monsterSpawns": {
      "succubus": 2,
      "dryad": 3,
      "bimbo": 4,
    }.
    "trapSpawns": {
      "cowbell": 2,
    }
  }
]

This also lets you skip things if you want to build it by hand. e.g. if "dryad" isn't set, you can just assume 0 or 100 or something. The "rulesets" field does something like this already. I think this will also make the code that reads and writes these settings easier to maintain (assuming Unity isn't reading and writing the settings for you. I've never used Unity, I don't know how much it will do for you on this front.)

Ultimately, "make the settings file easier to edit by hand" is probably pretty low on the priorities list. Just wanted to make my thoughts known.

Trinity3

Sep 18, 2018
Hey, do you think you guys could add an option that makes Dark Elf’s always convert defeated humans to DE Serfs?
Seems like it might be a little fun to play around with
We can and we will, it'll be part of the first patch for this beta along with a variety of other requests from this thread!

Since generefication is a thing now and maid received a change shouldn't guards get new non generified image tf as option as well?
It's not as straightforward for Guards since those essentially start as generic guards - the generification is the form's core gimmick as opposed to just something that happens like with maids. So probably not.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Piklopedia

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
It's not as straightforward for Guards since those essentially start as generic guards - the generification is the form's core gimmick as opposed to just something that happens like with maids. So probably not.
Wasn't that the same case with maids in a previous version, though? I think the idea behind their request was, since generification is now a thing with all monsters and no longer unique to maids and guards, maybe guard should be given non-generic forms the same way maid was.

Reactions: grantemp07

Datsimplegamer

Dec 15, 2019
I would like to see an option to make inmas uncurable until the get crazed and defeated or something close to that would be really cool! or at least not able to use potion on themselves

Lilitas72

Jan 21, 2020
We can and we will, it'll be part of the first patch for this beta along with a variety of other requests from this thread!
Does that possibly include the suggestion someone made about Succubi, Inmas, Goblins interacting with Bimbos? Cause cross-tf interactions sounds amazing but maybe too much for a patch

Lycanthrokeith

Sep 1, 2021
Hi! fairly new to this game, pretty entertaining so far.
I'm probably missing something obvious, but how would I set a game to have only one type of monster (werewolves only, for example)?
Thanks for any help.

grantemp07

Apr 5, 2020
New patch is incredible! Pass my compliments along to the Chefs, Trinity

Hi! fairly new to this game, pretty entertaining so far.
I'm probably missing something obvious, but how would I set a game to have only one type of monster (werewolves only, for example)?
Thanks for any help.
Spawn Settings, Toggle All (Set to 0%), Scroll through the list until you find the monster you want, set that specific one to 100%, start a new game

Trinity3

Sep 18, 2018
Wasn't that the same case with maids in a previous version, though? I think the idea behind their request was, since generification is now a thing with all monsters and no longer unique to maids and guards, maybe guard should be given non-generic forms the same way maid was.
Not quite, with the maids just replacing the image set is all that's necessary but guards would need an overhaul of their code since they don't generify over time now. Non-generic guards already exist within the gimmick - there might be a case for having some box to tick to just not make them generify... Maybe something for later.

Does that possibly include the suggestion someone made about Succubi, Inmas, Goblins interacting with Bimbos? Cause cross-tf interactions sounds amazing but maybe too much for a patch
No, not for now. This is a much bigger thing to add so it's not gonna be in the patch and may not happen at all!

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 8 Votes