Unity Completed House of Pandemonium: Unity Edition [v1.0.11] [Throwawaylady]

4.00 star(s) 8 Votes

dbomb

Jul 22, 2017
I've just tried it an it works as it should, but there's a few places you can set these spawns. The correct place to do it is in the rulesets, not in the monster spawn sets (those are only relative chances to other traps, not the absolute odds). Are you sure you are in the right place and that you have enabled traps to spawn in the first place? Traps also spawn only in item boxes (pink), never in weapon boxes (blue). Depending on your settings most boxes could be weapon boxes, so that could explain this as well.
1692248508956.png
1692248523393.png

Are you sure? I just booted up 1.11 and it works fine. I set traps to 100%, progenitor trap to 100% (all other traps to zero) and every box opened spawns a progenitor or imposter (if opened by generic monster player). 1.13 does not let me do this for some reason.

Bonkksman

Jun 24, 2018
I think Pandemonium Classic just got its last update yesterday. Its status is listed as complete.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
I think Pandemonium Classic just got its last update yesterday. Its status is listed as complete.
Huh? What game are you talking about? The original hasn't been touched in ages, and I'm pretty sure Runes of Pandemonium isn't finished.

djweish

Apr 1, 2018
Huh? What game are you talking about? The original hasn't been touched in ages, and I'm pretty sure Runes of Pandemonium isn't finished.
Presumably they mean this game that we are in the thread for - its full name is "Pandemonium Classic - Unity Edition". The author actually listed it as feature complete back in December, but has been doing bug fixes and a few additions since then. It did indeed get an update on the first of October, should be on version 1.0.14 now.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Presumably they mean this game that we are in the thread for - its full name is "Pandemonium Classic - Unity Edition". The author actually listed it as feature complete back in December, but has been doing bug fixes and a few additions since then. It did indeed get an update on the first of October, should be on version 1.0.14 now.
Oh, this game's been complete for a while now. All that's left is bugfixes, and you can never say for sure whether any given one will be the last.

Bonkksman

Jun 24, 2018
Oh, this game's been complete for a while now. All that's left is bugfixes, and you can never say for sure whether any given one will be the last.
Yeah, I made a Game Request post for the original game the same day I made that comment. I'm just wondering if there's a better way to run the game other than Git.

Trinity3

Sep 18, 2018
Well, actually, while tl has laid down active development of this game at the moment, a few of the people that were involved in development before are still working on adding stuff to the game. That's undergoing by and large the same dev cycle we've always followed, just at a somewhat slower rate, so once that's all bug free we'll either update this thread or have a new one for the new branch. Look forward to it!

As for tl themselves, they're currently working on some smaller projects until they settle on something again. Neither of those games have thread here (for now at least), but you can read up on them over on tfgs:

Incarnasoul is a character training/transformation and base simulation game that is currently in alpha, very similar to No Haven in gameplay but with a different interface and some differences in features/planned features. There's currently no end goal, but it is possible to transform characters to your liking, train them, equip them and send them off on various missions with good and bad results.​

The core plot is that you are transforming souls to suit the requests of various afterlives/isekai worlds/weirder places, using your incarnations (souls with bodies); you also raid those places for souls and other goodies​

AI generated art is used for characters, events, and so on. Some sexual content is present, however it's text only.​

Manor is a game in which you transform a manor full of visitors into creepy, near identical maids. It looks like a board game, but it's more of a sim game.​
It's inspired by Escape the Manor (a Student Transfer scenario by Narg) and (with permission) the characters and flavour draw heavily from it; other inspirations include similar stuff in other games (for example Chambers of Pandemonium).​

Reactions: aaaac

BDLNL

Jul 7, 2019
Does anybody know what to do with this room? Is it a monster transformation, or do I need to do something else?
Schermafbeelding 2023-10-13 202844.png

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Does anybody know what to do with this room? Is it a monster transformation, or do I need to do something else?
It's a monster transformation room. Now that you mention it, there are probably a lot of rooms that are too elaborate for being something that the humans can't deliberately interact with. Which in turn makes players less likely to try to interact with the things that they can...

Well, actually, while tl has laid down active development of this game at the moment, a few of the people that were involved in development before are still working on adding stuff to the game. That's undergoing by and large the same dev cycle we've always followed, just at a somewhat slower rate, so once that's all bug free we'll either update this thread or have a new one for the new branch. Look forward to it!
Any word on what sorts of new stuff are being added/planned?

lamba

Jul 10, 2018
Since no one answered, that room turns you into a gremlin.

If you open up the key binds menu there's a line for 'surrender' that allows you to force a loss state in some given situations like non-hostile NPC's and some specific objects and rooms.

JiferHybird

Dec 2, 2022
Can anyone give me any tips on how to win the game by choosing Ant Queen? The humans always just break into the nest and kill all of the maids.

Gadriel

Dec 15, 2017
Can anyone give me any tips on how to win the game by choosing Ant Queen? The humans always just break into the nest and kill all of the maids.
Pick Bee Queen, walk into the ant nest, and combine your forces.
...No but seriously, you can order allied NPCs to 'Follow' and 'Guard', and if you turn off follower limits, you can do that to more then one person. I don't know how smart the AI is about assaulting the nest, for example, the Rabbit Husband starting to marry a bride causes every human on the map to run directly to his location to disrupt the wedding at all costs, so you 'might' still get mobbed even if your drones never leave the nest... plus, they're fast as fuck and can slip out before you can order them not to get you all killed.

Yawa

Jun 13, 2017
You can unpack them from the original House of Pandemonium game, but they're kind of Barbie-doll anatomy.
Hey, stupid question but how do I go about that? I'd also much rather have the original files as I assume imps aren't the only censored transformations, right?
Has a mod of that kind already been made?

On an entirely different note, are there settings or rule sets that are considered "balanced"?
A lot of my test runs are huge snowball fests creating a doom ball as monsters like the guard and converting humans one by one with very little humans can do against that.
When playing as a lot of monsters I find it weird that you simply get incapacitated instead of dying even though I have that option turned on. The only time I have actually died was as the bunny prince so I am confused as to why death works on some monsters but not on others.
Other runs end in the most boring way I can think off and there are monsters like slime girls who get beaten up, sit off their incap timer and run in again to start that process all over until they finally infect someone who does the same thing, too.
Other mobs like the Russian mermaid or what its called make the game very weird, constantly draining willpower and leading to a transformation and playing as her is the same as you would have expected, constantly spamming the secondary action until a human waddles towards you so that the snowball begins anew. It feels like I am missing something here which turns the gameplay from a one-sided mess to something living up to its potential.
I am very new to the game and still figuring it out, maybe there are ways to deal with that without disabling those monsters but I would love to hear a second opinions or insights on that, anything at all could tremendously help me out.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 8 Votes