VN Unity Abandoned House of Pleasure [v0.4.5] [deepandsilent3dx]

2.00 star(s) 3 Votes

zherealbastard

Donor
Feb 24, 2019
It´s strange...
I don´t think that it will be direct clone "thing" and first of all...respect for your work...

...but also...
The CartoonStyle won´t match to enough people as "popular", even Me.
I´m almost into good stories...but hiding the lack of it behind "endless grinding" will kill all of your plans.
Sex is the key in these games...anyone knows it and someone will get caught by a game with fine characters, but noone is willing to grind and ended up with some kind of "Darling, sorry I have headaches."
Simple as that.
I think. We, the fans and mostly also YOUR Patreons or candidates to become one are not getting convinced over "a few pics/renders."
In my eyes releasing a game to soon with "not enough content" will ended up as "Abonded" very soon...it´s an hobby for the most developers for sure...but being paid by Patreons means also...bringing up content.

Reactions: fbass

Jeepster

Apr 17, 2018

View attachment 423747

If you like my game and my artwork, so don't be shy and become my patron. You are very welcome and my heartfelt thanks are guaranteed. Every buck of support helps me a lot.
I have yet to look into this... but i am guessing that is the Sister on left and Aunt on right? ( With a Incest Patch ) That is how it normally goes. :unsure: :rolleyes: This looks way to familiar to look into it. Sorry I'm out

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
Overview:
A young guy alone in an unfamiliar city, living in a house with three attractive women. It seems that this fact can lead to a very interesting progress.​
Big Brother was a bit of a landmark game for the genre. From many conversations, it seems that I'm often in a minority for appreciating it as a landmark other devs should be aware of (and hopefully have learned from, both in terms of what it did right, and the things it did wrong).

Taking the game on for a remake, re-imagining, or whatever one terms it, rather than just loosely copying it as about a thousand other games that directly rip the "young man lives with milf and her 2 daughters" do, isn't in itself a terrible decision. But you need to have paid attention to what so many people hated and loathed about the original, which matters a lot more than it did back then when there was so much less choice of other games.

The only thing that was unequivocally good about Big Brother was the artwork. Sure, the quality of rendering hardware (and assets) has moved on since, so it isn't on a par with the best at all, but even today the renders in Big Brother are certainly good enough in the main. It is therefore a very bold choice to have gone with a deliberately more cell-shaded/cartoonish look to your artwork for this. I think it may well have some fans, but less so than going for higher quality photorealism than the original would have.

I can honestly say that you are the only person I have ever heard refer to Big Brother as having 'a great story'. :D

"A perverted high-school drop-out who looks 13-14 yrs old betrays and corrupts his entire family while NTRing himself by streaming cameras from all over the house to anyone that cares to watch" is never likely to win an award for literature. But that's pretty much the entire story of Big Brother, where an MC utterly devoid of any sort of morals molests, lies to, and prostitutes his entire family like a sociopathic parasite. Hopefully you intend to change that somewhat, either by making the MC entirely more likeable, or else doing what the original creator was aiming for and lampooning him as a comedic object of ridicule.

But if you are relying on machine translation, that's not just unlikely, but effectively impossible.

Of course, the one thing pretty much universally loathed and detested about Big Brother was the ridiculous grinding, and the painfully slow and unrealistic 'stairway to heaven'. If you were going to change only one single thing in a remake of this game, the grind would be that one thing. And indeed, many mod-makers for the original did exactly that, taking out some of the worst of the grind, and the RNG elements.

The feedback so far, and the distinctly lack-lustre content tags so far, seems to indicate that you decided to keep the long pointless grind and the ludicrous stairway to heaven mechanics.

So, to quickly recap here:
  • New artwork, but of a less widely popular kind, so worse.
  • New writing, but machine translated, so worse.
  • The same terrible grind, only this time without being offset by good artwork, and for which one has to read more machine translated text .... so, worse.
So, ultimately, what you seem to be aiming to create here is a 'remake' of Big Brother, only this time worse in all major respects...

I'm not sure that's going to work out for you. But good luck.

Glaz64

Jun 11, 2017
I guess BB was ok when it came out, but so many better games have come out since. Some have genuinely moved the genre on, and then we get a remake/clone like this? Is this a sign that adult games have become mainstream, that they're as unoriginal and derivative as Hollywood?

DyreMezza

Jul 29, 2018
deepandsilent3dx My opinion on your current project:

Its nothing wrong to make a game based on a popular title in the past but if you want to
keep the Patrons,you need soon to go your own way instead of keeping the old formula.
New characters,a new story branch,new decisions,less grindy and less luck based situations,
go away from peeking/fapping and work toward story driven sex-situations.
In contrary to some others,i like the graphical style and if the future looks like the aunt you posted
lately,i see great things to come.

I really hope you will come up with your own ideas and needed changes soon as i wish you the best luck for your
project.

UncleNanard

I am to music what Kanye West is to adult games.
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017
In the beggining the intention was very good. BB abandonned, with House of Pleasures we can have an end. (Lisa really deserve to lost her virginity)

But today the BB content will be added in glamour, so for me this game is useless now.
The dev is tallented, good render and he can code a game !
So it's better to create his own game, i m sure this will be a good game.

deepandsilent3dx

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2018
can you tell us how long your plan to make this game ? considering we're currently on 0.3.5 right now?
If I have enough time for and get enough support - until the game is done. ;)

The version number is irrelevant.

My opinion on your current project
I agree with you on many points. Most want instant fuck games.

But I strongly disagree with this concept. Nevertheless I will try to make the game so that it won't be an endless grind.

Even though it may look like "grindy" now, you have to keep in mind that the game is still in the early stages of development and has many empty spaces to fill. That's why you still have the feeling of emptiness now.

In the beggining the intention was very good. BB abandonned, with House of Pleasures we can have an end.

But today the BB content will be added in glamour, so for me this game is useless now.
"House of Pleasure" is not BB clone.

So it's better to create his own game, i m sure this will be a good game.
"House of Pleasure" is my own game.

Reactions: aeonium

fuckyouassholes

Nov 27, 2018
If I have enough time for and get enough support - until the game is done. ;)

The version number is irrelevant.
alright, i kind of understand

however, do you have any personal estimates on completing the project ? like say, you plan to develop the game for 1 year and then move on to a new project ?

UncleNanard

I am to music what Kanye West is to adult games.
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017
"House of Pleasure" is not BB clone.
"House of Pleasure" is my own game.
Your own game with :

BB story
BB character, body + face + names
BB character mechanics : Anna bath at 8, TV at 9... lisa sleep with MC, wash dish at 20
BB gameplay
BB house with same rooms

The only thing who is not BB = Instagram Cartoon filter... oh and the MC have a camo bed sheet

Hybris

May 9, 2017
Something that needs to be a priority in the next version is completing the "diary" function. Give us the players a sign that we are making progress and what we need to shoot for.

The grind is bad but being blind and then having to grind is even worse.

Over the last 3 or 4 versions the most progress I have made with any character is helping with Liza's homework and seeing Alice come home from the club. I don't know what to do or how to progress and because of the constant drain on mood which seems to be the main statistic at work here trying other options that don't add to that is hard to justify.

The next thing is your transitions from image to image are still painfully slow.

I want to keep believing in this game because Big Brother to me was what brought me to this site in the beginning but not even that will offset any form of blind gameplay.

Last edited:
Reactions: ABaaaadIdea
2.00 star(s) 3 Votes