VN Ren'Py Abandoned House of Seduction[v2.2] [Madzeal]

2.80 star(s) 4 Votes

Nerttu

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Thanks for the feedback we'll look into but because of the changes made to v1 starting again is advisable. Have you tried this version on 32 bit system? Incest patch working on that too.
I have 64 bit and all previous versions, that I have played (2 and 64 bit) worked just fine !!! What about incest patch ??? I don`t remember how I got it in my previous version (1.2) !!! I`ll check my 1.2 version saves !!!

Nerttu

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Were you using the same profile that you used to create the save in the first place?
When I extracted this version and tried to load saves (no saves), only thing to do is start and then there was 3 profile slots all empty (no my profile at 1.2), so I created my profile (same name as 1.2) and game starts at beginning !!!

Reactions: Sheknowsaboutyou

Xyzzy

Jan 24, 2018
When I extracted this version and tried to load saves (no saves), only thing to do is start and then there was 3 profile slots all empty (no my profile at 1.2), so I created my profile (same name as 1.2) and game starts at beginning !!!
Well, I've exhausted my knowledge of Unity. We'll pass this on to our programmer and wait to see what he says.
The saves you are creating now are available when you come back into the game, right?

Reactions: Sheknowsaboutyou

Nerttu

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
I know what the problem is !!!! Previous versions saves files in one file (save_data.json) and it`s in FungusSaves folder in LocalLow ....... folder !!!!! This version creates save files as most of other games (1.save, 1-0.save 1-1.save ect. and there is a profile.save file too) !!!!!

VOYEUR

Jan 29, 2018
Game got off to a rough start between the cliched MC and the characters' lack of facial expressions. However, it got much better as it went along. Lotte became much more attractive in later scenes, the grammar improved, Cassie's sudden dark story arc floored me, and the animations showed promise. I'm enthused to see where the game goes from here.

xXwankerXx

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2017
Ok so the beginning looks promising, new models are sexier than in 0.1 but please have mercy on us with the NTR and let the MC save his sweet busty mom from that fucker. Also u should start making the MC a bad ass ... the lazy, no job, wimpy MC cliché may not have the impact u want on players. Looking forward to see how it goes ...

Good luck with the project ! (y)

Lonewolf007

Jul 15, 2018
yea i also want the bust landlady as a option and crush the pie hole trying to date her before he gets gets her

superpump

Jan 13, 2018
I had the same issue. I fixed it by opening the Terminal and running:
Bash:
chmod u+x <Path to the game>/hos.app/Contents/MacOS/hos
This gives your user permission to execute this file. Afterwards, you can start the game normally.
It now says file cannot be found.

markus T

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017
Game got off to a rough start between the cliched MC and the characters' lack of facial expressions. However, it got much better as it went along. Lotte became much more attractive in later scenes, the grammar improved, Cassie's sudden dark story arc floored me, and the animations showed promise. I'm enthused to see where the game goes from here.
I agree 100%...at 1st I wasn't sure about this with the old faces and lack of facial expressions but after the model change, they all look great. I kept Cass around...felt sorry for her after you hear why she is the way she is. The animations are pretty good aswell.
Looking forward to more of this(y):)

Haremm lover

Sep 20, 2017
Hi facing an issue. When I click on game exe I keep on getting a blank screen and memory is going on increasing in the processes tab on Task Manager. The game does not showing (not responding) in the Applications tab in task manager, but it is just going on showing blank and black screen. Last 15 minutes it is same not showing (not responding) that means it is running and still not anything on the screen, just black screen.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Well, this was a pleasant surprise.
The renders in the first part were quite low-grade, especially inregards to lighting and shaders, but that is already much improved in the second one.

The writing or rather the behaviour of the characters is in times a bit rough, a bit simple, but it also seems to have improved from version 1 to version 2.

There are enough save slots and the game isn't as slow as some of the other Unity games are, but it's still a very clunky, slow and simplistic UI.
Since this is a relatively straight visual novel, I can't help but wonder if this wouldn't have been better suited to Ren'py.

All in all, like I wrote, a pleasant surprise, character development (so glad the MC doesn't have to be a total douche), story (with the head over heels in love shy girl and the hard-shelled, soft-cored sexual abuse victim.
The new version of mom is also really sexy, no wonder MC doesn't want to share...

One point of criticism would be that there are not enough renders, telling the story. Way, way too often the text is about something that is happening and the characters just stand there in the same pose that is used again and again, despite what should be seen as described in the story.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Here be my impressions, haven't played the first version. It's not a bad VN, but not a patricularly good one either. One of the girls got me interested so I will check the next version, but there needs to be a large amount of improvements to keep me interested.

THE GOOD:
- Likable girls.
- Writing is OK.
- Good animations. (that falling towel was great!)
- MC's assholery is optional.

THE BAD:
- Not much of a story.
- Thoughts of other characters.
- Character makeover. Yes, 0.2 girls look better, but if you're going to do this you need to do it for all the renders before you release it.
- Usual Unity drawbacks. No skip or rollback option.
- Sprites are too static during conversations. More variation of expressions would help.
- Forced lewd content.

THE UGLY:
- Clothes are glued on girls' bodies.

U

User_32285

incest patch for this game this will change landlady to mom
AppData\LocalLow\mz\hos\Saves delete everything in Saves folder and extract content from rar file to that folder
after that open patch profile and load the game
Any chance for an update to this? Thanks in advance.

Keldar

Jul 23, 2018
/snip

THE BAD:

- MC is an asshole.

/snip
So I saw your review and we see eye to eye on some things and not on others which is to be expected as games are a subjective media so what you and I like will be different. But I was curious about one point you made.

You said the MC was an asshole. How much of that was your choice do you think? In my playthrough I was respectful, helpful and didn't set up the perv app. I did not get the impression that the MC was an asshole at all. I not sure what the storyline was with being a prick but for me playing the non asshole options the women became attracted to the MC and fantasized about him and things progressed from there. They felt they could rely and trust the MC so they developed feelings for the MC. I pretty much played a laid back secure guy so when someone insulted me I pretty much ignored it because I didn't let insecurities cause me to take the bait. The game seem to acknowledge said choices and I didn't seem like an asshole. I am curious if this is a case of us not seeing eye to eye of if the game has enough depth to give us two divergent paths for the MC, one a decent chap the other an asshole.

I snipped out most of your quote as it wasn't relevant to what I wanted to ask you...

Reactions: Akamari
2.80 star(s) 4 Votes