Morpheas

Oct 28, 2017
So is it just me or does this seem really poorly optimized? Can't turn around with it lagging.
Disable realistic shadows and/or lighting from the graphics options. I have gotten away with just disabling realistic shadows, and the game runs kinda smooth.
There is some strange micro-stuttering, but I wont complain too much, especially since my graphics card's Vram is maxed (probably the cause of the issue).

Yes the game is poorly optimized, but this isnt some AAA title, and it runs on Unity, so....yeah, cant ask for too much.

I personally really dislike the Unity engine, but it is pretty damn versatile and easy to work with (truth be told).

The_Phant0m

Mar 9, 2018
Is the madison's blackmail route buged? Can't send the photos over to myself.
If I recall correctly, they removed Madison's blackmail route in the last update because they're getting ready to revamp her entire story, like they did with Ashley.

Fanatic4500

Aug 25, 2017
Its for the censorship that Steam has got, which is required in order for the game to be allowed in the platform at all.
If you have to ask about it, then you clearly dont need it.
I don't fully understand why someone would buy a game like this on steam.

Fanatic4500

Aug 25, 2017
What dont you understand exactly?
Dont you get the appeal of these games, or do you think people that buy steam games are an entirely different type of consumer?
I mean, it's on a few different levels. Steam allows for your friends to view games that you play and when you're playing them, maybe it's just me but I don't generally like to telegraph when and to what I fiddle my bits to. I know these options can be turned off, but it still seems like kind of an unneeded complication. Also, as you mentioned, steam has censoring on all of its erotic titles. That means you have to track down a patch to remove the censorship, in addition to having the game. Most erotic games have other means of purchase and download without having to bother with Steam. Don't get me wrong, I use steam a lot. I just think it's strange that people knowingly would buy a censored version of a game that totally nullifies the purpose of the game itself.

Morpheas

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, it's on a few different levels. Steam allows for your friends to view games that you play and when you're playing them, maybe it's just me but I don't generally like to telegraph when and to what I fiddle my bits to. I know these options can be turned off, but it still seems like kind of an unneeded complication. Also, as you mentioned, steam has censoring on all of its erotic titles. That means you have to track down a patch to remove the censorship, in addition to having the game. Most erotic games have other means of purchase and download without having to bother with Steam. Don't get me wrong, I use steam a lot. I just think it's strange that people knowingly would buy a censored version of a game that totally nullifies the purpose of the game itself.
Oh ok, I gotcha now.

Not only do I agree, but I will also add that, regardless of the nature and genre of the game, if any game can be downloaded and played without Steam at all, then I wont even bother with the Steam version of that game.

Why would I want to add something entirely unnecessary to the process of installing, maintaining, and playing the game in the first place?

So yes, by all means, there's no reason to prefer the Steam version of this game. But some people will find it through Steam, and they wont bother with anything else, and just want to have all their games on that platform.
Those people will get the Steam version.

Maybe its laziness, maybe something else. Who knows?

jarb01

May 18, 2017
in case anyone is wondering why 0.9.5 still isn't out, theyre spending a few extra weeks on it to polish it out. here's a patreon post where they talk about it:

p22

Jun 21, 2017
You can always create secondary Steam account, just for these type of games, and make viewing profile private.

Also, one advantage of Steam version is that is has beta channel. So you can often rollback to select few older release. Also, 0.9.3 was available in beta channel for one week before official release there.

Morpheas

Oct 28, 2017
You can always create secondary Steam account, just for these type of games, and make viewing profile private.

Also, one advantage of Steam version is that is has beta channel. So you can often rollback to select few older release. Also, 0.9.3 was available in beta channel for one week before official release there.
Yes, that is all true.

My only issue is that Steam doesnt actually offer anything more, so its something that is unnecessary, to the point where there's no reason to prefer it (on this game).

3.60 star(s) 64 Votes