ssmatt

Nov 26, 2017
I swear, graphics in this game are getting worse and worse.

Somehow, House Party v0.10.2 looks even worse than 0.9.6, which looked worse than 0.9.3.
Up until 0.9.3 graphics were fine, looked pretty nice even.
But they managed to make the graphics look more simplistic and bland, outdated almost, all while reducing the load times significantly (the latter of course is a good thing).

@Those who disagree with this: I dont know what to tell you, maybe its a subjective thing, I am certain however that my settings are fine, everything is maxed, and yes I even took screenshots, did side by side comparison to make sure.

P.S. I am in no way whining, in fact I still play 0.9.3 from time to time, and I am very satisfied overall. Its just a very unexpected thing, since you'd expect things to be improving, not the other way around, in future versions.
I feel like the game has gotten better and better personally in terms of graphics. I definitely noticed the difference in load times, and not sure what they did to accomplish that, but are you talking about the character models? Or the environment? I don't really notice any difference from last version to this one, but I notice huge improvements in general from earlier versions of the game.

My guess is they're trying to find a happy medium for detail vs performance.

Also, have you seen this?

Looks like they have huge character model updates in the upcoming pipeline.

ZeXuS20

Nov 1, 2017
I've got a strange bug. I click on anyone/anything, round menu appears, i click on anything in this menu and nothing happens.
i.e. I press 'Y', click on 'remove shirt', press 'Y' again and still have 'remove shirt' option.
After I press 'ctrl' I can grab/drop items with leftclick np.
Me too -_-

Morpheas

Oct 28, 2017
but are you talking about the character models? Or the environment? I don't really notice any difference from last version to this one, but I notice huge improvements in general from earlier versions of the game.

My guess is they're trying to find a happy medium for detail vs performance.

Also, have you seen this?

Looks like they have huge character model updates in the upcoming pipeline.
I am talking about both the character models, that look simply more bland and lacking detail and shadows on them, but also about the environment, in terms of lighting which is just terrible. It lights up the character models and exposes the lack of detail more than anything.

When you say from last version to this one, you mean 10.1? because thats the previous version to 10.2.

I was comparing it to 0.9.3, which is the last version I have without those "bad changes" that made the graphics worse.

I have not seen this, no. I dont know what will happen in the future, I was merely criticizing the updates since 0.9.3, based on my subjective experience.

ssmatt

Nov 26, 2017
I am talking about both the character models, that look simply more bland and lacking detail and shadows on them, but also about the environment, in terms of lighting which is just terrible. It lights up the character models and exposes the lack of detail more than anything.

When you say from last version to this one, you mean 10.1? because thats the previous version to 10.2.

I was comparing it to 0.9.3, which is the last version I have without those "bad changes" that made the graphics worse.

I have not seen this, no. I dont know what will happen in the future, I was merely criticizing the updates since 0.9.3, based on my subjective experience.
I think I get what you're saying about the characters. I think though, that the lighting pre-0.10.1 was darker, and the characters were darker. I think the lighting is actually better now, but it's bringing out the flaws in the character models more. I think they were always there. I don't think they changed. I think that as the lighting improved, the imperfections just come out more. Just IMO. That's probably why they are giving the characters an overhaul in the coming months.

Reactions: Morpheas
3.60 star(s) 64 Votes