EekGames_Don

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
... I just wanted to put this because I don't want anybody to think I'm hating on this game.
I feel like something is amiss in this game, compared to other (not fully 3d but anyway) games it's a bit limited, especially the sex scenes. I just wish it's possible for them to make it more open world and improve something more than just UI and textures/models.
How dare you have negative or original thoughts! :p Care to expand on what's missing in the sex scenes? Thanks!

Reactions: cheryl_c

EekGames_Don

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
they're definitely doing their own voice work, but I meant having to schedule time with the recording studio. When it's just Eek's employees, it's easy to plan schedules, but when they have to schedule around the grumps and their production team.... everything get's more complicated the more people involved.
This guy Johns. Or...explains? Both. Your past several replies on 0.16.x are generally correct. But to play the role of a filthy pedant for a moment: we don't employ any of the VAs except for Compubrah/Phone Call. It takes a bit of coordination and review every time we need VA. Fun fun!

Reactions: p22

BattleAxe24

Sep 26, 2019
How dare you have negative or original thoughts! :p Care to expand on what's missing in the sex scenes? Thanks!
Nothing is really "missing" in the sex scenes, but some people keep asking for more fetishes and...."perverted" stuff, so to speak.
The devs need become more perverted
^Like this comment for instance^

For me though, thats not true. I like that House Party doesnt have sick shit in it, and all you could add to the sex scenes to make them better is more camera angles and user control, perhaps a free camera feature where we can exit POV mode and look around, and of course better (smoother) animations and different positions.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll go back to trying to get my graphics card's fever down, because it almost died trying to render the game at max graphics details.

Reactions: qwertycoltan

ssmatt

Nov 26, 2017
Played a lot of other games and what I can say about this one after playing it again...
It's surely one of the largest adult 3d productions. A great idea which turned into a success, I guess. A lot of people know and play House Party. I like the graphics, the vibe it has, it's just really good and I'm sure a lot of people expressed it all in here. I just wanted to put this because I don't want anybody to think I'm hating on this game.
I feel like something is amiss in this game, compared to other (not fully 3d but anyway) games it's a bit limited, especially the sex scenes. I just wish it's possible for them to make it more open world and improve something more than just UI and textures/models.
The sex scenes DO need to be updated, and I think I read a post on Steam about that being on their to-do list. In terms of the world being bigger or more open, etc.. it's a small team working on a fully 3D game. Sure, one dev or a small team can handle a more open world on the Renpy engine with no animations and mostly text and still images driving the story, but as far as 3D games go, this game has a pretty solid foundation in the sense that it plays pretty well compared to even some of the top 3D games out there in its style. That has to take an insane amount of work to get right in comparison with most of the other VNs you see on here where they add a bit of a text and an image and set the scene for you.

I also think they won't add too much in terms of fetish stuff because they are in the public eye more than most of the other games here. I might be wrong on that, but House Party has been covered by a lot of mainstream streamers and news outlets, and if they get too crazy, that may stop, because those types shy away from anything that might put THEM in a bad light. They're also adding the Game Grumps, and I would assume they don't want to put something out that might cause controversy in terms of what they are being associated with also.

At the end of the day, I feel like you have to appreciate this game for what it is. The devs more so focus on stellar graphics and game-play rather than trying to accommodate kinks or add taboo content (though they do fringe on some kinky stuff sometimes). Sure it's got sex, and a decent amount of it, but it's very clearly not the main focus. Most of the complaints I've seen of this game is "needs more sex, needs more kink, needs more depravity", but it's just not that kind of game. It's a very fun game, unless you don't enjoy playing 3D video games in general and are just looking for a quick wank. In that case, I can totally see how it falls short. I find the stories funny, the combat is fun, and it's nice to get a break from just reading wall and wall of text and making choices and actually have some REAL gameplay. No other adult game even really offers that.

That being said, you can do some pretty cool things with the story creator, and I've seem some pretty good custom stories that are much more perverted than the main story line, so once this game polishes up, maybe we'll see more there. It'd be kind of cool if one of the better Renpy writers used the HP engine to create something, then we might get the best of both worlds, but I don't think anybody's going to convince the HP devs to get kinkier and more perverted with all the success they've had doing it the way they're doing it. Sure it's vanilla and tame for THIS group, but that's not the case for the mainstream.

EekGames_Don

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
Nothing is really "missing" in the sex scenes, but some people keep asking for more fetishes and...."perverted" stuff, so to speak.

^Like this comment for instance^

For me though, thats not true. I like that House Party doesnt have sick shit in it, and all you could add to the sex scenes to make them better is more camera angles and user control, perhaps a free camera feature where we can exit POV mode and look around, and of course better (smoother) animations and different positions.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll go back to trying to get my graphics card's fever down, because it almost died trying to render the game at max graphics details.
I gotcha. We don't label or judge requests that we see, but it is true that we're not trying to produce a game that's a "sex act simulator". Whether we accomplish it or not, the goal is to output a good adult adventure/narrative roleplaying game. Of course we aren't dense. We know how important the sex content is. We're currently working on re-tooling the entire body part alignment and inverse kinematic handling side of our intimacy system to improve the aesthetics of those scenes. We've also got some more intimacy positions to add. So that should hopefully address two of your concerns.

As for more user control, I assume you mean outside of the radial options and groping. If we're talking about running hands all along a body or grasping dynamic hair or anything highly interactive, that may be off the table. I am going to polish the weaker sex scenes in the not-too-distant future and add in newer positions and clean up the selection method(s) for those positions; scenes like Amy's "Chasing Amy" intimacy and Ashley's hookups with the Player have been clunky for some time. A camera change might also be tough. A lot of the logical checks against who the player can see, LOD and culling logic, and more are based off the Main Camera that we currently use. That's been a repeated request though so we know it would be appreciated and a major value adder. Ugh that was so corporate. A cool thing.

Thanks for the feedback!

Reactions: p22 and ssmatt

EekGames_Don

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
The sex scenes DO need to be updated, and I think I read a post on Steam about that being on their to-do list. In terms of the world being bigger or more open, etc.. it's a small team working on a fully 3D game. Sure, one dev or a small team can handle a more open world on the Renpy engine with no animations and mostly text and still images driving the story, but as far as 3D games go, this game has a pretty solid foundation in the sense that it plays pretty well compared to even some of the top 3D games out there in its style. That has to take an insane amount of work to get right in comparison with most of the other VNs you see on here where they add a bit of a text and an image and set the scene for you.

I also think they won't add too much in terms of fetish stuff because they are in the public eye more than most of the other games here. I might be wrong on that, but House Party has been covered by a lot of mainstream streamers and news outlets, and if they get too crazy, that may stop, because those types shy away from anything that might put THEM in a bad light. They're also adding the Game Grumps, and I would assume they don't want to put something out that might cause controversy in terms of what they are being associated with also.

At the end of the day, I feel like you have to appreciate this game for what it is. The devs more so focus on stellar graphics and game-play rather than trying to accommodate kinks or add taboo content (though they do fringe on some kinky stuff sometimes). Sure it's got sex, and a decent amount of it, but it's very clearly not the main focus. Most of the complaints I've seen of this game is "needs more sex, needs more kink, needs more depravity", but it's just not that kind of game. It's a very fun game, unless you don't enjoy playing 3D video games in general and are just looking for a quick wank. In that case, I can totally see how it falls short. I find the stories funny, the combat is fun, and it's nice to get a break from just reading wall and wall of text and making choices and actually have some REAL gameplay. No other adult game even really offers that.

That being said, you can do some pretty cool things with the story creator, and I've seem some pretty good custom stories that are much more perverted than the main story line, so once this game polishes up, maybe we'll see more there. It'd be kind of cool if one of the better Renpy writers used the HP engine to create something, then we might get the best of both worlds, but I don't think anybody's going to convince the HP devs to get kinkier and more perverted with all the success they've had doing it the way they're doing it. Sure it's vanilla and tame for THIS group, but that's not the case for the mainstream.
Hey, thanks for taking the time to comment! A lot of this is pretty spot on. I would venture to say that, short of the lack of voice acting, we either already have or will have custom stories that are more enjoyable to some folks than our own Eek! Games official content. But that's been our dream all along. The CSC can be difficult to learn and use, but we want those brave users to have the power to do whatever they want, including outdo us in any way they can. And we don't censor custom stories or their availability, so yeah, the sky is the limit on that front. Well...as long as they have access to the animations and events they need to realize their story goals :giggle: And on that front...well...custom assets and/or animations or requisitions from a mocap studio (for the latter, unless we request 35-40 anims or more, the individual cost isn't worth it) can be quite taxing on resources for a studio of our size, but we'll do whatever we can!

cesid

Nov 2, 2019
Well that sounds great. Sex position number is already good, if they improve the existing one making them more alive it would be perfect. Also foreplay could be improved. Groping and kissing is a good novelty. Stripping animation are already in schedule. They could add lapdancing. Also they could add groping when you are lying on the bed.

About office party any news of the time schedule? The informations about the content were interesting but no clue about when.

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
My impression of this game is that it seems like an extensive collection of elaborate puzzles/ minigames. Got to get everything just right or no cookies. If you have to play with a printout of the walkthrough beside the keyboard it detracts from the enjoyability of the game. Perhaps a selectable degree of difficulty might help the casual gamer get into it.

EekGames_Don

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
My impression of this game is that it seems like an extensive collection of elaborate puzzles/ minigames. Got to get everything just right or no cookies. If you have to play with a printout of the walkthrough beside the keyboard it detracts from the enjoyability of the game. Perhaps a selectable degree of difficulty might help the casual gamer get into it.
We're trying to open up more pathways between content so that the strict following of a walkthrough doesn't feel as necessary. I definitely agree with that on a personal level, and we hear you :love:. That won't mean the game is going to get noticeably easier or that choices won't still have repercussions, of course. Even if we were to add more "get out of jail" cards...they wouldn't be "get out of jail free"; we want players to expend a little thought and/or effort to make up for major "mistakes", at least. There isn't really a way to make an "easy mode" of this game without totally redoing the scripting from the ground up. Everything you experience in a story outside of random NPC decisions to hang out near each other, emote at each other, fidget, exchange certain background VA lines, and other very minor things are hand-scripted by myself or the custom story creator if playing a custom story. It's not the kind of game where we can just decrease enemy HP and accuracy by 15% across the board or something like that.

Combat is about the toughest thing in the game at the moment, mechanically at least. And that's been directly offset by the additions of stat-boosting actions, healing food (salami, salmon, chicken nuggets IIRC from the fridge), Derek's "protect the player from Frank" perk from "The Muse", Leah's training via her newer content, and a couple other plot-based mitigators.

Anyway, we'll do what we can to cut down on the necessity of walkthroughs, decrease linearity, and reward player creativity. Just bear in mind that as a small business (I know - :sick:) we're also constrained by certain realities and the inevitable need to move House Party out of Early Access, continue supporting it, AND work on new stuff.

Reactions: ontach and p22

ssmatt

Nov 26, 2017
It is and it isn't. That's the thing about this game. Sure, if you wanna speed run to the sex stuff, and make sure you do everything perfect with a walkthrough, you CAN approach this game that way, but it's not fun to do that IMO. The fun of this game comes from all of the stories being intertwined. It's not that if you don't do something just right, you get not cookies, it's more like you make choices, and some doors close and others open depending on those choices. Sometimes you may think you're on one path, but you're actually on another. Sure, you can probably choose all the wrong choices and get nothing, but if you just walk around this game and immerse yourself in it and play very sandboxy and do whatever you want, you will still have tons happen too, and then you can play it again and make some different choices and have a bunch of other stuff happen. There's no way to 100% this game in one playthrough, but it got a ton of replay value because it's fun to just walk around and do whatever, and almost every single time I've played it, I ended up seeing something new or that I didn't discover yet.

Reactions: p22 and ontach

BattleAxe24

Sep 26, 2019
I gotcha. We don't label or judge requests that we see, but it is true that we're not trying to produce a game that's a "sex act simulator". Whether we accomplish it or not, the goal is to output a good adult adventure/narrative roleplaying game. Of course we aren't dense. We know how important the sex content is. We're currently working on re-tooling the entire body part alignment and inverse kinematic handling side of our intimacy system to improve the aesthetics of those scenes. We've also got some more intimacy positions to add. So that should hopefully address two of your concerns.

As for more user control, I assume you mean outside of the radial options and groping. If we're talking about running hands all along a body or grasping dynamic hair or anything highly interactive, that may be off the table. I am going to polish the weaker sex scenes in the not-too-distant future and add in newer positions and clean up the selection method(s) for those positions; scenes like Amy's "Chasing Amy" intimacy and Ashley's hookups with the Player have been clunky for some time. A camera change might also be tough. A lot of the logical checks against who the player can see, LOD and culling logic, and more are based off the Main Camera that we currently use. That's been a repeated request though so we know it would be appreciated and a major value adder. Ugh that was so corporate. A cool thing.

Thanks for the feedback!
Wow, you're kinda raising my hopes for this game now....I feel spoiled :D

"re-tooling the entire body part alignment"
Is there any chance that this might change the way that >bodypart [npc] butt/chest works?
Because the way the game currently handles it, means that if you increase it past a certain point, the bodies look horribly disfigured, and it actually only enlarges the body parts along 1 axis.

Also, would you consider a kind of "Harem mode" where you can get all the girls in 1 room and be able to easily select any sexual position you want and end it whenever you want?
I know you can do this with console commands, I've done it countless times. I also know of user-created stories that do things like that, but those usually break when new HP versions come out.

Thanks for your time.

p22

Jun 21, 2017
There are no saves in the thread with the current version.
"Current" versions posted here is alpha version exclusive to higher tier Patrons. It makes sense that such saves are not there.
Plus, alpha builds are really buggy and would not trust such save to work with next beta/non final build anyway, making them of very limited value.

Last edited:

p22

Jun 21, 2017
would anyone be able to share a save from this version because the thread is showing outdated saves from previous versions plz.
Technically, those saves are up to date, since 0.15.5 is a public version that Steam users are playing.

BattleAxe24

Sep 26, 2019
To be honest, I dont really think there's much point in those early Alpha versions anyway.
They typically dont have VO, or have some VO, they've got bugs and are a bit unstable, so they're not finished.
They're basically previews of what is to come.

I downloaded and tried 0.16.2, but really all I will play is 0.15.5 at this point.
There's a reason why the latest on Steam is 0.15.5, and its a good reason.

ssmatt

Nov 26, 2017
Are there any endings/girls routes fully finished or not yet?
I'm pretty sure every girl in the game has a finished route at this point except Brittney and Vicky's orgy ending. A couple of the guys also have routes. There are also two official side-stories with Brittney and Vicky that have endings.

3.60 star(s) 64 Votes