EekGames_Don

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
Is there any chance that this might change the way that >bodypart [npc] butt/chest works?
Because the way the game currently handles it, means that if you increase it past a certain point, the bodies look horribly disfigured, and it actually only enlarges the body parts along 1 axis.
Oh you mean the console command. Just to be clear I was talking about intimacy acts themselves and bodypart alignment tweaks to prevent clipping and prevent odd angles/aesthetics DURING intimacy.

As for the console command, well...that's mostly been a "for fun" tool and a proofing tool testing situations like Rachael's breast size increase during the Lety-Rachael easter egg or the increasing of the size of Pat's ejaculate in some of his Patty's Striking Resemblance content. It isn't an intelligent system; I did indeed program it to only retain believable "proportions" up to about 1.4-3x scaling (depending on the body part), and then just left in a max scaler of 10 for shits and giggles. 'Cause, I mean...Frank head x 10? You just gotta dood.

I would love to add an intelligent, full-body customization tool, but that would take a not-insignificant amount of time away from core content development and possibly create a need for even MORE work to be done, as intimacy events/anims impart their own alignment and scaling behaviors. These behaviors are simply not designed to handle varying body part or character sizes. That's actually the reason that we don't have a more varied range of "character sizes and shapes"; a technical limitation and timesink that's turned into deliberately forgoing a feature(s). It'd be very different if we weren't making a game where we HAD to ensure characters could move together...closely and intimately in varying positions for extended durations of time. ...Maybe we should've made a MOBA :oops:

All that being said, if I get some down time I can look into at least a quick bandaid fix to prevent certain..."key" body parts from scaling horribly at higher scaling values.

Also, would you consider a kind of "Harem mode" where you can get all the girls in 1 room and be able to easily select any sexual position you want and end it whenever you want?
I know you can do this with console commands, I've done it countless times. I also know of user-created stories that do things like that, but those usually break when new HP versions come out.
Hm, user created stories should not break from version-to-version if they are literally using only radial menu interactions, dialogues, and intimacy game events. Custom stories that relied only on those mechanics should not have broken since our last major revamp of the event system multiple updates ago. Can you provide an example of one that's recently broken?

We are working on Custom Story Creator improvements and a custom story downloader + installer tool which will greatly improve QOL for those interested in making or using custom stories. Once we've made more progress in that initiative, it might be time for another round of CSC tutorials from me, and I'll probly do an extended "hands on" series that shows exactly how to make a simple story like this. And then, I might as well share it with everyone :cool: It would likely just remain a custom story, however. We like to keep our official stories at least somewhat narratively-focused.

Reactions: BattleAxe24

kylemorre

May 29, 2018
New game is greyed out and can't play this game...no bug testing for this game?

EDIT: Had to wait a couple of minutes then it worked. Should be put in the main page so others don't get so confused. Retarded system anyway

• Angry
Reactions: lolblue25

J0hns0n123

Dec 28, 2017
New game is greyed out and can't play this game...no bug testing for this game?

EDIT: Had to wait a couple of minutes then it worked. Should be put in the main page so others don't get so confused. Retarded system anyway
the way their system works is when you boot the game, it checks their server to make sure you have the most recent version of the story files. It will then auto-download them, if you don't have them.

So it probably was just downloading them for your while it was greyed out. They are small files, shouldn't take very long.

p22

Jun 21, 2017
As for the console command, well...that's mostly been a "for fun" tool and a proofing tool testing situations like Rachael's breast size increase during the Lety-Rachael easter egg or the increasing of the size of Pat's ejaculate in some of his Patty's Striking Resemblance content. It isn't an intelligent system; I did indeed program it to only retain believable "proportions" up to about 1.4-3x scaling (depending on the body part), and then just left in a max scaler of 10 for shits and giggles. 'Cause, I mean...Frank head x 10? You just gotta dood.
I think it actually got worse in recent versions. In older releases, especially the one when 'bodypart' was first time introduced, you could get something decent by increasing breast size up to 1.5, and even up to 2. But now, anything above 1.2 looks waaaaay off. Like if brests nipple was moved by some length forward and then everything else warped to fill it.

Maybe something was changed in the base character model that led to this?

A great example can be found in a video from here (as well as the ending part of the video)

Last edited:

cesid

Nov 2, 2019
I think you can use 1.01 as well, just don't trust numbers that are bigger than what they seems. Not only for bodypart but for changesize the changes are even wilder (that increase/decrease all the body) anything over 1.1 and under 0.9 is crazy too, Katherine that is short is a giantess with 1.2!

BattleAxe24

Sep 26, 2019

I would love to add an intelligent, full-body customization tool, but that would take a not-insignificant amount of time away from core content development and possibly create a need for even MORE work to be done, as intimacy events/anims impart their own alignment and scaling behaviors. These behaviors are simply not designed to handle varying body part or character sizes. That's actually the reason that we don't have a more varied range of "character sizes and shapes"; a technical limitation and timesink that's turned into deliberately forgoing a feature(s).
You answered every single one of my concerns, and I thank you for that.
I dont really want to take much more of your time, so I'll just say this:
While I understand that you have limitations and cant take the enormous amount of time needed to redesign and restructure pretty much every single animation in the game, just so it can handle varying body part sizes, this actually wont pose an issue if you simply improve the bodypart command/system, so that it resizes parts realistically so that they look decent.

Here's an example of what I mean:
Just go in game, and do >Clothing Amy all off, and then >Bodypart Amy chest 1.5. You will immediately see Amy's breasts growing in a very strange way, a very unrealistic and ugly way. I dont just mean that they become too big, I mean that they become shaped in a deformed way, and the result is just....ugly.
Even sizes of 1.3 and 1.4 and the part becomes just strange and deformed.

Basically, here's what I'm saying here:
It is not unreasonable to believe that its possible to change Amy's or Rachael's breasts to match Brittney's.
I'm saying this because Brittney's breasts dont cause any issues with animations, and they look good, not deformed.

So you can see that its quite "doable", but yes I understand it would take time away from regular development of the story, bugfixing, etc.

I just want to make it clear, that I am not asking for accomodation of huge penises, giant or tiny characters, or huge legs and heads.
We should be able to turn other character's breasts or butts to Brittney level, without strange deformations and ugly results.

For your convenience, I have attached a couple of screenshots taken from 0.16.2:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You can see it better in game, but this demonstrates that even >Bodypart [character] chest 1.3 and the characters' breasts look deformed and unrealistic. We should be able to do a 1.3 size without these strange issues.

In any case, even you dont do anything about this, the game is already pretty damn awesome, and I wont be disappointed.
But I think its an improvement worth considering.

Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: p22

p22

Jun 21, 2017
I think you can use 1.01 as well, just don't trust numbers that are bigger than what they seems. Not only for bodypart but for changesize the changes are even wilder (that increase/decrease all the body) anything over 1.1 and under 0.9 is crazy too, Katherine that is short is a giantess with 1.2!
I think Katherine is only one that could still look decent at 1.2, and is still believable at 1.3, while some other girls already look deformed 1.2, while 1.3 and higher is a freak show.

EekGames_Don

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
The bodypart command (being again a "quick testing"/"for fun" command) uses flat scalars applied based on the bodypart given; there's no customization on a per-character level. Brittney's character model and its setup are different than Amy's, so to get Amy's to look just like Brittney's takes more than just some increases in a few float values. There are also systems in place that handle "rigidity", bounce and sway, and more. Without altering those as well, you could end up with breast sizes comparable to Brittney's, but that behave ridiculously when the character does anything more than stand still. I also haven't touched that command much, if at all, since it was implemented so it's likely that many months of character model work have changed how effective it is.

All I can say is I'll look into it if time allows (y)

Reactions: BattleAxe24 and p22

EekGames_Don

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
Erasmus, what kind of further content can we expect for Brittney in the Original Story in the near future? Great game, have it on Steam for a few years now. :)
Brittney will have more content added in the Original Story when we release the female playthrough.

Kirby421

Dec 19, 2017
Having a bit of trouble even playing this game. I've downloaded it twice to be sure and same thing happens.

I start the main story and I can walk to maybe 2 rooms, then whoever I start dialogue with the game freezes but audio still plays. I got through dialogue with the guy who doesn't like alcohol drinkers once, and the host once, but any other person freeze the game.

My computer is well beyond requirements technologically... any suggestions? Thanks.

laflare82

Dec 24, 2018
Having a bit of trouble even playing this game. I've downloaded it twice to be sure and same thing happens.

I start the main story and I can walk to maybe 2 rooms, then whoever I start dialogue with the game freezes but audio still plays. I got through dialogue with the guy who doesn't like alcohol drinkers once, and the host once, but any other person freeze the game.

My computer is well beyond requirements technologically... any suggestions? Thanks.
No it's got to be your pc my computer has a Nvidia gtx 950 2.9 processor which is absurd for 2020 and I've never had an issue playing this game never could be firewall or antivirus on your end prevent game from playing because I basically have a potato compared to how your talking and I have 0 issues except for the one everyone has complained about since 2017 the right analog stick sensitivity problem which prevents you from enjoying the game with a gamepad.

Kirby421

Dec 19, 2017
I dunno then. I have an nvidia GeForce GTX 970 and I have an i7 4GHz processor. Should be no issue with this type of program. Guess I can try and see if there's an update I need for the card but that even shouldn't be the problem. We'll see.

EekGames_Don

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
Try disabling NVIDIA GeForce experience. We've also got a plethora of proven troubleshooting steps up on our official forums and Steam boards related to crash, freezing, and performance issues.

Fossilf

Oct 22, 2017
I've downloaded this game several times over a long period of time. I can't believe what a buggy, slow, crashing, freezing piece of crap it still is. I'm sorry, I do respect the time that developers put into their games, but this is simply unprecedented relative to anything else I've ever download here.

• Angry
Reactions: lolblue25

frankstallone

Jul 27, 2019
I've downloaded this game several times over a long period of time. I can't believe what a buggy, slow, crashing, freezing piece of crap it still is. I'm sorry, I do respect the time that developers put into their games, but this is simply unprecedented relative to anything else I've ever download here.
My computer is at least 8 years old and on the verge of falling apart at this point and I've never crashed. There are very few bugs in the actual public release versions. Perhaps judging it on the alpha and beta builds posted here is wrong? You're doing yourself a disservice by only experiencing it that way.

ssmatt

Nov 26, 2017
Runs great on my system. I mean there's obviously something going on for you that is causing the game to not work well for you, but clearly it's not the experience most others are having. I would report it to the devs. They're generally pretty cool, and active even on here. Just complaining and insulting the game with no details about what is happening isn't really that helpful. You can't really blame the devs for something you're experiencing personally when most of the feedback about this game is overwhelmingly positive, and you don't take the time to explain to them what's going on on your system so they can look into it. It seems like whatever's going on is a minority case, otherwise the game would have pretty shitty reviews if most people were experiencing it the way you are.

Tokoy

Jul 5, 2017
For some reason that i can't understand the game can't detect my vboard. So i can't play it. Anybody facing the same trouble?

3.60 star(s) 64 Votes