frankstallone

Jul 27, 2019
stupid question but...

how do you play as a female ?

its been multiples times now i see that they doing stuff for female player... but i would like to know how to play as a female... o_O

btw... " Added male player and female player to Main Menu and improved female player skinning "... dafuq ? lol

You know, I wrote this post below and just closed the window rather than post it. Thanks for being the first, I guess.. The forum saved this draft for me.

(Beta 8/12/2020)

• Updated main menu to add a character selection window. When pressing start game players will now be presented with available characters and be able to select one and then play. Currently the male character is the only playable one, but a female character has been added as a preview.
Oh boy, I can't wait for the seven thousand brainless posts asking:

HOW PLAY FEMALE?!? IT NOT WORK

I've this game on my Steam account. I wondering why they don't push this update.
.... because this is a pirated copy of the private patreon tester version. You know where you are, right? It says on screen that it's an in development tester version. The live retail version does not have this message. Wonder why?

Getting back to the actual game, I do not like the new Derek voice actor. His line readings sound flat and distracted. Not the sound of his voice, the way he says the lines, the change in overall voice acting direciton. Maybe I'm just too used to the old Derek. He was much more chipper and enthusiastic, like he was engaged with what was happening.

It's probably a good idea not to play this for a long time tbh, they dont expand on the only thing people play this for, and that's the sex,
I strongly disagree with this, bizarro Frank. The sex is the worst part of the game. I actually like the story and the characters and the interactions between everyone. The sex is a speed bump and I groan every time I have to slow down and roll over it.

Last edited:

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
You know, I wrote this post below and just closed the window rather than post it. Thanks for being the first, I guess.. The forum saved this draft for me.

.... because this is a pirated copy of the private patreon tester version. You know where you are, right? It says on screen that it's an in development tester version. The live retail version does not have this message. Wonder why?

Getting back to the actual game, I do not like the new Derek voice actor. His line readings sound flat and distracted. Not the sound of his voice, the way he says the lines, the change in overall voice acting direciton. Maybe I'm just too used to the old Derek. He was much more chipper and enthusiastic.
well i know they planned female MC, they talked about it for quite a time now.

but when i saw that they added female mc and male mc in main menu, i thougth maybe they finally added it...

But considering the speed of development of the game and their actual priority on the development, i guess its not tomorrow that we gonna see a female MC. unless they plan to make a female MC just to have sex and story with the male chars, the lesbian stuff would require alots of work. And honestly considering how fast and motivated they seems when its about animations, its gonna take a year minimum.
Clearly this is absolutly NOT a priority at all.

That's why i mentionned it was a "stupid" question... i expected an answer as a "nope, no female mc". But i prefer to ask instead of messing up my brain trying to figure out how to do it in case it was actually there.

imho, a female MC should have been added long before the new chars, such as that couple of weird dude or even at the moment they added the redhead girl.

but meh.. whatever i guess XD

ssmatt

Nov 26, 2017
If a walkthrough pops up I might give it a go. I have the steam version, got it back around release, but playing this without a walkthrough is a chore and they want you to pay for that each month.
If you haven't played this since Steam release, this game is going to be a whole new world for you. There's also a ton more in-game help including quest trackers, thought bubble system, and they now have memories so you can see all past thoughts if you missed them.

ssmatt

Nov 26, 2017
It's probably a good idea not to play this for a long time tbh, they dont expand on the only thing people play this for, and that's the sex, still can't fuck the girls when your relationship with them is high, cant change into more complex positions, it's still only doggystyle, missionary and cowgirl, no third person camera during scenes. Make it make sense, I just wanna nut in the chicks man
You know that the sex system got a huge update a few updates ago, right? And there's way more than just those three now. They make updates to the sex stuff from time to time, it's just not their ONLY focus. I personally see that as a plus, but to each their own...

yarg

Dec 5, 2017
Custom stories ain't working for me, whether i install them myself or download from the game itself. Am i the only one?

joethebeast

Sep 17, 2017
House party has one of the worst changelogs... it seems to be a lot of stuff, but what actually changes is very little.

I've bought the game a long time ago, thinking they would add more sex positions and interesting relationship mechanics, etc. But they only added a bunch of errand boy quests, I'm tired of those. And these HUGE changelogs that say nothing make it hard for me to see what is really important. (Still, I don't regret buying it)

Reactions: shantysailor

franksiinatra

Dec 17, 2019
I

Getting back to the actual game, I do not like the new Derek voice actor. His line readings sound flat and distracted. Not the sound of his voice, the way he says the lines, the change in overall voice acting direciton. Maybe I'm just too used to the old Derek. He was much more chipper and enthusiastic, like he was engaged with what was happening.

I strongly disagree with this, bizarro Frank. The sex is the worst part of the game. I actually like the story and the characters and the interactions between everyone. The sex is a speed bump and I groan every time I have to slow down and roll over it.
I Agree with you on the fact the sex sucks, but that's why it would be good for them to focus more on it, the animations are kinda iffy, and getting it to start is hella janky. But maybe one day the game will be moddeable and some really good animators will drop some animations for the game, who knows

p22

Jun 21, 2017
The reason they are adding female play as last is that they do not want to develop two storylines in parallel.

When male storyline gets completed, then they will create alternate variant with female character.

Male story path still needs to get Frank and Vickie finale updates, and only then will female one get made.

So it will definitively take a while to get there.

2GM/c2

Dec 18, 2016
Custom stories ain't working for me, whether i install them myself or download from the game itself. Am i the only one?
This release seems to have broken most/all of the previous custom stories. Guessing enough changes to the core game were made that they are no longer compatible.

Venoma

Nov 30, 2018
I Agree with you on the fact the sex sucks, but that's why it would be good for them to focus more on it, the animations are kinda iffy, and getting it to start is hella janky. But maybe one day the game will be moddeable and some really good animators will drop some animations for the game, who knows
I personally find the animated presentations in House Party to a better in a fappable sense then any other game posted on this website. Which got better in latter updates btw.

Especially when the progression to and the act itself ends up taking place in an actual real world/time game setting, with full voice acting and by far the best job done at giving each of them their own sense of being a real character personality you just can't do as well outside that type of setting to boot (that makes the build up to the payoffs that much hotter imo). Which in all due respect and as a whole is also essentially way beyond in base game development then pretty much any of the standard click through still frames 98% of the time games out there are no matter how well polished they may be.

Apples and oranges man.

Last edited:
Reactions: p22

ssmatt

Nov 26, 2017
I personally find the animated presentations in House Party to a better in a fappable sense then any other game posted on this website. Which got better in latter updates btw.

Especially when the progression to and the act itself ends up taking place in an actual real world/time game setting, with full voice acting and by far the best job done at giving each of them their own sense of being a real character personality you just can't do as well outside that type of setting to boot (that makes the build up to the payoffs that much hotter imo). Which in all due respect and as a whole is also essentially way beyond in base game development then pretty much any of the standard click through still frames 98% of the time games out there are no matter how well polished they may be.

Apples and oranges man.
I agree. Most of the people complaining about it basically want a sex simulator, but that's not what this is. I think the sex scenes are well done and more than adequate to suit the aim of the game. If sex animations were the sole purpose of this game, I'm sure it would have a lot more bells and whistles, but sex only makes up a small percentage of this actual game. Like for example, if you right click stuff, the MC actually reaches out and grabs it. That alone must take loads of work to get right. If the devs listened to comments that are like "Oh they spend too much time adding things other than sex", it wouldn't have all that stuff, and basically amount to this game having nothing but sex in it, and then it's not a *game* anymore, and it wouldn't be as popular as it is without actually being a game. I think people just see the better looking graphics and *want* this to be a sex simulator, and are disappointed they don't have as many options as something like Honey Select.

Additionally, it's a first person game, and so sex is always displayed that way. Everybody keeps saying to add a third person camera, but again, this isn't a sex simulator, and having a third person camera would be immersion-breaking to a first person game. Even then though, if you just wanted to dick around and see things in third person, you can use the console to make other characters fuck, so even for not being a sex simulator sandbox, the devs still give you an awful lot to work with in that regard even though that's not what they are going for.

The negative comments pretty much amount to "This is a crappy sex simulator". Well, yeah, it is, cause that's not what it's trying to be. But it's damn good for what it actually is trying to be, and there's nothing else like it out there so far. If you don't like it, then you don't like it. To each their own, but don't blame the devs for it not being what you want it to be. At least find faults that lie in the scope of what the devs are trying to accomplish. Based on the overall quality of this game as a whole, if the devs wanted to make solely a sex simulator, I am sure it would be amazing considering what else they've been able to put together (if all that time was instead devoted to just sex simulation), but then this would just be another Honey Select. Not that that would be a bad thing, cause that type of game has it's merit and following as well, but again, that's not what this is. Apples and oranges exactly.

JimmyAjja

Dec 1, 2017
custom stories don't work properly. When you load any custom, there is no NPC and there is a pool of blood in the garage with a trace of blood stretching from it . help pls. wtf??

chibinerd

Nov 22, 2017
Hi,
I just started the game again after a while and can't find all the natty lites. Can't find the last one that used to be in the family room by the chair.

KristopheH

Mar 8, 2018
custom stories don't work properly. When you load any custom, there is no NPC and there is a pool of blood in the garage with a trace of blood stretching from it . help pls. wtf??
I had this problem myself. I think it's a version compatibility thing. I had to go back to a previous version (0.16.5) to play custom stories again.

Aug 22, 2018
For Linux using Wine:
- Downlaod the latest 64bit Windows game
- Prepare a 64bit prefix with dxvk 1.5.5, corefonts, vcredist (2015 - 2019) and dotnet (4.5.2)
- install wine native mono runtime via "wine uninstaller" ( )
- Delete "House Party/HouseParty_Data/Plugins/Rewired_DirectInput.dll"
- Set graphics to medium/high and disable motion "sickness" blur

And the game will run with the mouse working as intended.
If the main menu refuses to open press ALT+ENTER to switch between fullscreen / windowed and then it does.

Last edited:

Dragunav

Dec 8, 2017
Might be a bug with Natty Lights, the one behind the right speaker in the Chimney room/dance room and the one behind the chair in the living room (where Frank guards the alcohol) is missing for me.

Reactions: kokusho
3.60 star(s) 61 Votes