• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Roufas

May 19, 2018
I looked that game up quick. It looks like a 2D visual novel done in Renpy or something. Again, apples and oranges. It takes a solo developer a couple months to put renders and story together in Renpy and have an early version of something. It would take a solo dev years, and a team a minimum of a year or so to put together something even remotely close to House Party. They're not even in the same league. Subjectively, if you're not into the 3D thing and your ideal of game play encompasses only needing the left mouse button, then by all means, games like House Party aren't for you, but for me they are the holy grail. Objectively though, there is much more work that goes into making a full on 3D game, and that's why quality ones are scarce.

You have a point with games getting more "tame" as they enter more of the mainstream, but that's really our culture's fault and not the devs. I would rather see the devs conform so they can succeed rather than die on that hill, because then we get no more updates from that dev studio when they run out of business.

Also, "started removing offensive scenes" is a stretch. This game has never been that over the top to begin with, and as far as I can recall, they only ever removed one scene.
It is a fully dot pixel ANIMATED game made in RPGMAKER MV, it is not renpy garbage. SLG, lots (LOTS) of mini games, time management, affection levels, and most of all, complete freedom to do it in whatever order you want in the 30 days you are in there (also there is NG+ keeping your stamina and lust levels). I recommend checking it out, you will be surprised at the ammount of care and work that has been put into this. There is a link floating around in this very forum.

So yes the thing is I played both, I didn't skim through one and shat on the other just because. This game though, I don't know the more "diverse" one goes (and I don't mean this in a denigrating way), the more mediocre a product tends to get, more is not always best.

p22

Jun 21, 2017
It would take a solo dev years, and a team a minimum of a year or so to put together something even remotely close to House Party.
If you check very old posts for Eek Parton, you can see first build of game was in Nov 2015, and game released to the early access on Steam (0.6.x) in 2017 around September.

So it took single dev almost two years to do this (prbably more, since we do not know amount of effort for first game build). But most important thing, he is programmer, not an artist. Most of early graphics was all 3D DAZ models, Unity asset store for the house, etc...

Then game got huge populatiy, team got extended and we have game what is today almost 3 years after that.

Reactions: ssmatt
Dec 21, 2019
Take a blaze off the vape pen and blow the smoke in Derek's face. Vape pen disappear after one shot on Britney. How I can do the second shot on Dereck's face?

Zenaye

Apr 15, 2018
You need the skeleton key (in the garage)
There's a bug after the "muse" quest, keys are missing in the garage when Derek say he find stolen keys on you. The dialog is the same when you don't have any keys on you and they just disappear. i tried the 2 possibilities and there's actually no way to keep keys after that quest.

guiseppe

Jun 5, 2017
i wish there would be a quickload key or is there one ? The loading takes pretty long, the saving goes pretty fast, so i think it might not matter or increase the time

i would also wish an updated walkthrough, just to look for hints when i'm stuck (i tried but just can't make myself play all the way through by the walkthrough) [edit] i.e. where is the escaped snake to find (snake in the grass)- i finally gave it up and got Lea still with me (she's as merciless as Frank)[edit]

and, it took me until today when i indeed read the intro warning (and/or any intro for a long time): very true, and i love the attitude, really

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2019
There's a bug after the "muse" quest, keys are missing in the garage when Derek say he find stolen keys on you. The dialog is the same when you don't have any keys on you and they just disappear. i tried the 2 possibilities and there's actually no way to keep keys after that quest.
Ha! Yes! I experimented the same bug! In console, use the cheat code : lock door masterbedroom ; then this code to unlock : unlock door masterbedroom

p22

Jun 21, 2017
Actually, bug is only in 0.17.1.
In 0.17.2 you should be able to recover those keys based on what you did next (get them back from Derek, loot Derek, find them on kitchen counter, etc...)

Reactions: The Ronovan
3.60 star(s) 62 Votes