ssmatt

Nov 26, 2017
And it took them 5 months to contact Steam and find out what the new policy ment. That's not "immediately".
Instead, they told fans to use mods to remove the censor.
No, it took them 5 months to put out a new update. Did you expect them to halt everything they were doing, revert all of the changes they already made toward the new version just so they could uncensor Lety the second they heard back from Steam? There is a huge list of changes that went into this update *including* the reverting of Lety's censorship, and yeah, in the meantime they also put out that universal uncensor patch to deal with the problem temporarily (and permanently), and also supported the community to use mods in the meantime in case Steam said no, so what exactly did they do wrong in your eyes?

Last edited:
Reactions: incog44

incog44

Jan 5, 2021
No, it took them 5 months to put out a new update. Did you expect them to halt everything they were doing, revert all of the changes they already made toward the new version just so they could uncensor Lety the second they heard back from Steam? There is a huge list of changes that went into this update *including* the reverting of Lety's censorship, and yeah, in the meantime they also put out that universal uncensor patch to deal with the problem temporarily, in case Steam said no, so what exactly did they do wrong in your eyes?
I think this person is saying that Lety should've never been censored in the first place. That Eek took it on themselves to do it because they never bothered to get clarification of rule #2 here on Steam's ToS

Then once they finally realized it only meant real images, not animations after contacting Steam, they uncensored her again.

Reactions: Crusader of Romance

ssmatt

Nov 26, 2017
I think this person is saying that Lety should've never been censored in the first place. That Eek took it on themselves to do it because they never bothered to clarify rule #2 here of Steam's ToS

Then once they finally realized it only meant real images, not animations after contacting Steam, they uncensored her again.
Right, and I told them that Eek! explains why they did it that way to be safe. I just don't get what the complaint is, because if they are suggesting that they should have just contacted Steam and said "hey look at this stuff we have in our game that's against your terms of service", that's just stupid.

incog44

Jan 5, 2021
Right, and I told him that Eek! explains why they did it that way to be safe. I just don't get what the complaint is, because if he's suggesting that they should have just contacted Steam and said "hey look at this stuff we have in our game that's against your terms of service", that's just stupid.
I don't think it's stupid. I feel like if there is a rule that they needed clarification on, you should be able to have open communication with Steam. They work with developers pretty well in that regard.

ssmatt

Nov 26, 2017
I don't think it's stupid. I feel like if there is a rule that they needed clarification on, you should be able to have open communication with Steam. They work with developers pretty well in that regard.
You mean like when they banned House Party originally with no warning? That doesn't seem very "well".

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
I agree with you. I was saying the same thing as you. I would rather have a quality game than a rushed game. I was just saying I don't understand why people always complain about as if Eek is the ONLY company that does this. They all do. Even the bigger studios.

If every other studio was hitting their goals, and Eek was the only one that was not, then I can understand complaining about it and assuming they are doing something wrong. But when it literally happens to pretty much every developer and studio, then it simply means the work is just unpredictable in nature. Occom's razor. It is much more plausible that game development production time is very difficult to predict, than that almost every game studio in existence is just terrible at making games. I pretty much EXPECT that when a dev says they are going to hit a mark, they won't. Even if they give themselves sufficient padding, you still never know what's gonna come up.
Guess I must read more carefully :)

• Haha
Reactions: ssmatt

incog44

Jan 5, 2021
You mean like when they banned House Party originally with no warning? That doesn't seem very "well".
I get your point. Next time they decide to do something, maybe they should get clarification beforehand. Like most people would do, not after the release. Especially after having their game removed before.

ssmatt

Nov 26, 2017
I get your point. Next time they decide to do something, maybe they should get clarification beforehand. Like most people would do, not after the release. Especially after having their game removed before.
Yeah but the problem is that the rule about real people was a new one that Steam just put out randomly. It didn't exist before, and then suddenly there was this new rule, and House Party might have been in violation of it. So my guess is that Eek just didn't know if they were in violation or not, and I don't blame them for being cautious about it after already having their game yanked suddenly. It's all about the context man, and the way they approached it makes perfect sense.

incog44

Jan 5, 2021
Yeah but the problem is that the rule about real people was a new one that Steam just put out randomly. It didn't exist before, and then suddenly there was this new rule, and House Party might have been in violation of it. So my guess is that Eek just didn't know if they were in violation or not, and I don't blame them for being cautious about it after already having their game yanked suddenly. It's all about the context man, and the way they approached it makes perfect sense.
I mean it obviously never affected me. As I don't play on Steam, but yeah I get it. I'm just not a fan of this company as a whole. You go to their discord to try and get answers for certain things and just give a bunch of stupid responses or meme's from the "mods" there. Who actually don't moderate anything, and just sit there all day jerking each other off. Mention how the roadmap has been awful since it was released? Ignored. They continue on with something meaningless.

I just wish they'd be a little more transparent. Female beta February->March->April (probably June) but no explanations. The one that was given was that they were busy uncesoring Lety so that's why it was pushed back. Horseshit, emails and having Don uncensor her would literally take him less than a minute. What else have they been doing in that time frame? I get the bugfix patch, and it contains a lot of things but don't overpromise and undersell constantly.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
I just play the updates when they come - end of story, so I don't have to worry about any promises or road maps.
Who cares what they did in the time when a lot of companies had to be shut down temporarily.

They don't own us any explanations - at least not to those who are not Patreons.

Reactions: ssmatt

incog44

Jan 5, 2021
I just play the updates when they come - end of story, so I don't have to worry about any promises or road maps.
Who cares what they did in the time when a lot of companies had to be shut down temporarily.

They don't own us any explanations - at least not to those who are not Patreons.
I would take no issue with it at all, if they didn't keep updating their roadmap with different dates as if it means anything. Going to start doing what you're doing and just not pay attention until I see a new release.

Reactions: Nemo56

ssmatt

Nov 26, 2017
I mean it obviously never affected me. As I don't play on Steam, but yeah I get it. I'm just not a fan of this company as a whole. You go to their discord to try and get answers for certain things and just give a bunch of stupid responses or meme's from the "mods" there. Who actually don't moderate anything, and just sit there all day jerking each other off. Mention how the roadmap has been awful since it was released? Ignored. They continue on with something meaningless.

I just wish they'd be a little more transparent. Female beta February->March->April (probably June) but no explanations. The one that was given was that they were busy uncesoring Lety so that's why it was pushed back. Horseshit, emails and having Don uncensor her would literally take him less than a minute. What else have they been doing in that time frame? I get the bugfix patch, and it contains a lot of things but don't overpromise and undersell constantly.
Maybe their communication isn't the best, and that's a valid point, I'll give you that. I am sure there are reasons why it's taking longer than expected, which goes back to the conversation we had earlier, you can't really predict these things with much accuracy when it comes to this type of development. Maybe they don't have anything to say other than "it took longer than expected".

I mean, I dunno. I find the rest of this response to be rather presumptuous and entitled IMO. Not trying to be rude, just honest. You're obviously here because you like the game. We all are. And of course we all want better, faster updates, but it takes time to get this shit right, and it's hard to estimate how long it takes to do things. You are sitting here on the outside with no knowledge of what it takes to do anything regarding the game, and judging them based off your un-professional opinion. You didn't create a game that sold over a million copies. They did. You have no idea what they are dealing with as a company, but you presume to know how to run it better than they do.

The update will come. They're not just gonna up and go away and do something else. It'll be ready when it's ready. Just be happy that they are still creating content for us to enjoy rather than harping on the negative just because you can't have it RIGHT NOW.

incog44

Jan 5, 2021
you can't really predict these things with much accuracy.
Pretty much sums up my entire argument. Don't create a roadmap if it's meaningless, and don't overpromise and undersell. It's turned me off to them as a whole. What would make things a lot better, is if they were transparent about the situation. Which they really haven't been.

ssmatt

Nov 26, 2017
Pretty much sums up my entire argument. Don't create a roadmap if it's meaningless, and don't overpromise and undersell. It's turned me off to them as a whole. What would make things a lot better, is if they were transparent about the situation. Which they really haven't been.
Agreed, and again, valid point. But I think all devs do this. Not just Eek.

Reactions: Nemo56 and incog44

incog44

Jan 5, 2021
so I downloaded the game and it came with no exe file to start it.
Ok editing this post completely. Apparently, the two issues we've had where people were missing the .exe file were from downloading it via a .torrent file that isn't even listed as a download option on the first page.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nemo56

Olsens.M

Apr 23, 2021
Another guy had the same issue. Which link did you download it from? Not that it matters, I just want to see if that upload got screwed up somehow. Also if you have anti-virus installed disable it or whitelist the folder where the zip is, but you'll need to re-download it, I believe.

I'm the one who uploaded it, and there's definitely a .exe and it seems as some AV's might be triggering it as a false positive. No idea why.

I do know it's not Windows Defender because I just scanned the zip file. Has to be some 3rd party AV.

Here's a link proving HouseParty.exe isn't a virus. So I have no idea what the hell is going on if none of the major ones are detecting it.
I downloaded via torrent. just missing this file and I only have windows defender it didnt block anything. Probably it did where this torrent is being uploaded from then. I will try another link.

incog44

Jan 5, 2021
I downloaded via torrent. just missing this file and I only have windows defender it didnt block anything. Probably it did where this torrent is being uploaded from then. I will try another link.
Use the mega link on the first page. As there is no torrent file listed for this game on f95. Unless I'm missing something.

Olsens.M

Apr 23, 2021
Use the mega link on the first page. As there is no torrent file listed for this game on f95. Unless I'm missing something.
rpdl only posts the torrent links on his discord now. but I am downloading from one of the links listed here to see if fixes it.

Reactions: incog44
3.60 star(s) 64 Votes