incog44

Jan 5, 2021
You would have to unpack the Unity resource files with the according tools. Not sure if they are encoded.
They're in the bgmusic asset file and just listed as mp3's. I believe others have unpacked and repacked it before. I think they have plans further down the road to allow you to drop your own music into the game without the hassle.

Reactions: Nemo56

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
They're in the bgmusic asset file and just listed as mp3's. I believe others have unpacked and repacked it before. I think they have plans further down the road to allow you to drop your own music into the game without the hassle.
Now that would be a nice feauture (which we know since GTAVC at least, so it's nothing all too difficult to implement)

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
To all you cheapskates:
House party is discounted on GOG by 40%, the DLC is discounted by 68% even, meaning that you get a 45% discount in total.
You can get the game for 13.88€ (I guess that's about 16.6$) instead of the usual 24.98€. Maybe Steam has a discount as well, didn't check.
Nor more excuses, go and grab it! :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: p22

jkj54

Jan 15, 2020
To all you cheapskates:
House party is discounted on GOG by 40%, the DLC is discounted by 68% even, meaning that you get a 55% discount in total.
You can get the game for 13.88€ (I guess that's about 16.6$) instead of the usual 24.98€. Maybe Steam has a discount as well, didn't check.
Nor more excuses, go and grab it! :cool:

same sales on the north American steam stores

Sense there is no drm is user prefrerance

Reactions: Nemo56

p22

Jun 21, 2017
Itch.io also has a version with the female character, as an alternate download.

jkj54

Jan 15, 2020
This "Office Party" will be something like House Party part 2 or there will be some changes like npc customisation or more focus on sex stuf?
I don't think anyone knows i just heard the name once in a while and was like like ??? then just yesterday they tossed out that teaser trailer.

I mean its going too be the house parties 6th or7th birthday when it gets out of "early access"

I am guessing 2030 when we get office party full version.

Quick edit there as i think its going to be 7yrs old house party or will it be 6? i am sure someone here can clarify.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
This "Office Party" will be something like House Party part 2 or there will be some changes like npc customisation or more focus on sex stuf?
I doubt that there will be customizations, that would require a different engine and they really don't have the manpower for that. The current engine does not even allow to put other clothes on a character other than those which were specifically designed for it.
Also the whole "story" system uses a lot of hardcoded elements, that's why old mods usually don't work.

I am sure we will see a few improvements, but unless they don't start from scratch with a new system, it will be basically the same.

ssmatt

Nov 26, 2017
I don't think anyone knows i just heard the name once in a while and was like like ??? then just yesterday they tossed out that teaser trailer.

I mean its going too be the house parties 6th or7th birthday when it gets out of "early access"

I am guessing 2030 when we get office party full version.

Quick edit there as i think its going to be 7yrs old house party or will it be 6? i am sure someone here can clarify.
They said recently that the reason HP took 6 years is because it started out with one solo dev making a full-blown 3D game. Now that they have a team and the HP engine to build off of, Office Party should go much quicker. They are making a lot more money and can afford to do more and probably even multiple projects at once. I just saw HP went up on the Epic Game Store.

Reactions: jkj54

ssmatt

Nov 26, 2017
There's an official post somewhere where the main guy talks about it. I can't find it right now, but from memory, it's gonna be like HP, except a bigger world and more places to go, and more stuff to do. I think they said character customization would be a thing as well.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Any noob tried to use the custom story creator, is it easy to use for someone with no experience?
It's not hard to use, it just a pain.
You need to have a basic understanding of how program languages work.
The editor will offer you the commands and objects to chose, but you have to have a certain idea what you are trying to accomplish and where to start from (and how to react when a door is locked where a character is supposed to walk through).
Before you go into that, try to play around with the ingame commands. Among other things like quest handling the editor offers a UI for these. If you understand how they work or at least why they require certain parameters, then you might also be able to use the editor properly.

3.60 star(s) 64 Votes