AlainCAS

May 30, 2020
Not entirely sure. Depending on whether you actually use the DDS texture feature (and depending on how many of those get loaded) I can see a small performance hit because obviously they are held in memory. Aside from that though, nothing more is done with them really, so I don't know exactly what would cause FPS to fluctuate as you describe.

However, next time I'm working on the mod, I'll put more focus on optimization passes, since I believe some operations (like checking for missed quests, grabbing actor info, etc) doesn't necessarily need to be done every step of the game. Would be great to see if it gets better (or stays the same) then.

Just out of curiosity - which version of the game are you on? And are you using any other mod besides this one? For example: I've noticed much increased load times and a few hiccups after loading a save while having the "Unity Explorer" installed. I guess it's not really built for playing smoothly, but rather as sort of a "debugging tool" to be used on demand.
Version is the latest (1.0.3) and I only installed this mod. I saw that when it is at 40 fps the utilization of my system also goes down accordingly. It also happens when dojacat is not present on the map, so I don't know if its some incompatibility or something.
I tried removing the textures and leaving only the dll and it still happened so it seems to not be related to the textures.

Last edited:

DojaCatFucker

Feb 6, 2020
Version is the latest (1.0.3) and I only installed this mod. I saw that when it is at 40 fps the utilization of my system also goes down accordingly. It also happens when dojacat is not present on the map, so I don't know if its some incompatibility or something.
Nevermind, I just identified an issue with the way quests were monitored (who knew a simple for-loop would cause such drastic FPS drops?) :unsure: Above link(s) are now updated; if you redownload and try again, you should see a performance increase. Please let me know if it's somehow still the same.

AlainCAS

May 30, 2020
Nevermind, I just identified an issue with the way quests were monitored (who knew a simple for-loop would cause such drastic FPS drops?) :unsure: Above link(s) are now updated; if you redownload and try again, you should see a performance increase. Please let me know if it's somehow still the same.
That was it, now it's running good.(y)

Reactions: DojaCatFucker

DojaCatFucker

Feb 6, 2020
There still seems to be a very minor issue whereas DDS textures loaded via the mod won't show up immediately after loading a saved game. I have no idea why that is (it should work in theory, so whatever causes this to not work in some cases, I don't know and can't seem to figure out why it happens sometimes).

But this is a very easy and quick fix: simply cycle the dressed state of the affected character once, i.e. dress and then undress them, or vice versa. It'll quickly reapply the (already loaded) custom texture, no problem. :)

Last edited:

Artificier

Jun 18, 2017
There still seems to be a very minor issue whereas DDS textures loaded via the mod won't show up immediately after loading a saved game. I have no idea why that is (it should work in theory, so whatever causes this to not work in some cases, I don't know and can't seem to figure out why it happens sometimes).

But this is a very easy and quick fix: simply cycle the dressed state of the affected character once, i.e. dress and then undress them, or vice versa. It'll quickly reapply the (already loaded) custom texture, no problem. :)
Hey, is there a way to play your mod without numpad ?

DojaCatFucker

Feb 6, 2020
Hey, is there a way to play your mod without numpad ?
I could change the hotkey layout to something more accessible, sure. But for that I'd need a little bit more input for what kind of buttons you'd like to use instead (I just personally thought the NumPad was a great place with enough keys of the same type bunched together). In the meantime, you could either use the "onscreen keyboard" or whatever that accessibility tool in Windows is called, or click the mod menu buttons instead.

As for the 1.0.4 update, I'm a bit confused. There was an "update" to temporarily remove the Halloween features again, yes, but it's not actually on 1.0.4 yet - unless you opted in to some sort of alpha or beta branch (which I do not support).

To make the mod work for you again on the current stable build, just drop the 1.0.3 (non-Halloween) files into your game's directory and it'll work. At least that's what I did (and apparently, what Eek! did too).

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
As for the 1.0.4 update, I'm a bit confused. There was an "update" to temporarily remove the Halloween features again, yes, but it's not actually on 1.0.4 yet - unless you opted in to some sort of alpha or beta branch (which I do not support).
Steam used to get betas, but I think they get alphas as well.
They seem to have dropped the last version number, which is a bummer. The last number usually was a good indicator if a version was alpha or beta. A final would always be .3 or higher.
The version uploaded to itch.io/gamejolt/GOG is always final.

Artificier

Jun 18, 2017
I could change the hotkey layout to something more accessible, sure. But for that I'd need a little bit more input for what kind of buttons you'd like to use instead (I just personally thought the NumPad was a great place with enough keys of the same type bunched together). In the meantime, you could either use the "onscreen keyboard" or whatever that accessibility tool in Windows is called, or click the mod menu buttons instead.

To make the mod work for you again on the current stable build, just drop the 1.0.3 (non-Halloween) files into your game's directory and it'll work. At least that's what I did (and apparently, what Eek! did too).
The on-screen keyboard won't work for me on windows 10, its always fading away because the game lock your mouse, so you have to press escape then open the virtual keyboard then press escape again to close the game menu wich is also closing the windows 10 onscreen keyboard.

I feel like any F* key would work, there's only a few of them that are already binded to open console, save or load, but there's space

DojaCatFucker

Feb 6, 2020
The on-screen keyboard won't work for me on windows 10, its always fading away because the game lock your mouse, so you have to press escape then open the virtual keyboard then press escape again to close the game menu wich is also closing the windows 10 onscreen keyboard.

I feel like any F* key would work, there's only a few of them that are already binded to open console, save or load, but there's space
Yeah, F-keys could work... but it kinda sucks that they spread them out so randomly (for example: F5 to open the debug log, F9 for quick save, F12 does a Steam screenshot) so the best thing I think I could do would be to provide alternative hotkeys that work in tandem with what's already there; meaning not a replacement, but an additional set of keys.

I'll try to make it make sense. Please allow me some time to get there with the next update.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Artificier

DojaCatFucker

Feb 6, 2020
Oh gawd! My eyes!! >.< Kill it with fire!!

Be glad I provided a base texture that's kinda "appropriate" xD yes it kinda lacks pussy, but then again... Doja's model doesn't have any of the 3D features anyways. Feel free to download the mod and use the DDS texture as a basis for your own mods :) speaking of which, here's what my texture actually does:

It adds nipples.
It makes the crotch area more smooth (before, it looked kinda glitchy or dark)
It removes the UGLY ASS CRACKS from her butt cheeks! Seriously?? WTF was up with those?!
:D

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
Alright... i havent played the game from start to finish, as i actually have no idea what to do, so i just fumble about... but i did recognize a single culprit of what is wrong with this world: Frank. Ive read some interesting stuff about how to get rid of him, and it either involved some complicated shit or some supposedly extremely long story path. I aint doing either of these, for here, i announce, that i will beat this douche to a pulp with mah bare fists. Problems are resolved with violence, not words. Wish me luck!
(will update this post after its done)

EDIT:

Untitled.png

Incredibly satisfying, but at the same time, it was kind of a disappointment. Oh well, at least the booze closet is open for business now.

Last edited:

DojaCatFucker

Feb 6, 2020
Alright... i havent played the game from start to finish, as i actually have no idea what to do, so i just fumble about... but i did recognize a single culprit of what is wrong with this world: Frank. Ive read some interesting stuff about how to get rid of him, and it either involved some complicated shit or some supposedly extremely long story path. I aint doing either of these, for here, i announce, that i will beat this douche to a pulp with mah bare fists. Problems are resolved with violence, not words. Wish me luck!
(will update this post after its done)

EDIT:

View attachment 2185484

Incredibly satisfying, but at the same time, it was kind of a disappointment. Oh well, at least the booze closet is open for business now.
The easiest route so far that I've discovered, at least to liberate the booze closet...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
The easiest route so far that I've discovered, at least to liberate the booze closet...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Naw, man. Too much running. Besides, Frank lies where he is in the pic ive posted (the very bottom edge of the screen, in front of the pool). Hes not going anywhere, and the booze stock is almost empty now... damn, i may have overused some of this stuff. Anyway - the easiest way to get him out of the picture is to knock him the fuck out, like i did.

PS: i can slap him back to the world of the "living", but ive tried doing that to not have a dead body on the floor, and the result was him coming over to me, telling me ive raided his booze stash, and trying to fight me again *rolls eyes*

At least its funny seeing his body ragdoll around whenever anybody goes past to use the pool. Its like, nobody notices a passed out thug on the floor, so they all step on him. Funny.

Um... does that... break any quests, by chance? First time player, so i dont exactly know if hes needed in anything but the booze closet thing?

EDIT: i give up on trying to figure things out in this nonsensical game. Looked over (not thoroughly) a walkthrough, and it appears like Frank is needed to get into Leahs pants. Fuck. Restart!

Last edited:

p22

Jun 21, 2017
PS: i can slap him back to the world of the "living", but ive tried doing that to not have a dead body on the floor, and the result was him coming over to me, telling me ive raided his booze stash, and trying to fight me again *rolls eyes*
This actually only happens if you have poor social rating with all other NPCs in the game.

It's a bit more complicated then then, but game tries to calculate score based on NPCs socials and Frank socials with player (with Frank socials being worth around same as two NPCs). And then if it is over some level he will not think you are shady.

Actually tanking your socials with him by fighting him does make this slightly more difficult, but if you do quest with all other characters, eventually that would be enough that waking him up will not make you suspicious.

3.60 star(s) 64 Votes